Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Drifters by Hirano Kouta

Well, finally, I am so glad someone took the time to do this. Most appreciated.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member redon's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

DRIFTERS 36 RAW

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ure89b

Next chapter 30th May.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The raws for chapter 36 and 37 are out. Any clues on when a scanlation would be out? Was this manga dropped? I could do with just a translation....

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

CHapter 38 is out!

I like where the story is heading... It is a bit weird that everyone is playing aizen so flawlessly though. We have the first guys saying they will destroy if they can't conquer and then the other party prepares for them destroying and not conquering... I get the impression this is the sort of thing that should be obvious in hindsight more than at a thought. I guess they will call it experience.

Anyways, when I first read about saint germain's army I expected something along the lines of the newkama from OP lol. In turn it they turned out to be more like from the 300 movie.... I am a bit surprised they were made into gunmen though. They seem more fit to wield swords and other close range weapons. I would have thought the elves would be the ideal party for to give the guns to. I can't wait to see what the dwarf shotguns can do... They are more like cannons.

Seeing everything it still seems like the drifters have the strategic advantage. In the end it will come down to the drifters taking out the offcouring though. Hopefully next chapter will be out soon, I had missed this manga.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I was lurking and saw a thread for this manga and couldn't resist signing up to post. I loved Hellsing, and this manga is certainly looking to be quite juicy. I did want to comment on the differences between drifters and offscourings. I'm pretty sure that drifters were snatched on the brink on of death where as offscourings have basically been raised from the dead. I also find the offscourings abilities have a lot to do with what they were famous for and/or the manner in which they died (maybe the answer lies in what history/myth says for sensationalist value).

Anywho, cheers! Look forward to seeing how this plays out.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, seeing the manga it seems that drifters and ends all meet violent deaths. It makes sense, the guy sending them to that world would want people in the prime of their skills to go help the fight so the best option is to get those that die in the middle of battle. We saw the bit with jean, she was basically taken when she died. I was thinking that a lot perhaps had to do with whether they cursed or not life and everything as they died considering the jean bit although seeing how toyohisa or nobunaga died it does not seem like that would make sense. One died not being able to get the enemy's head and the other in a fire.... Not particularly fulfilling deaths. One thing that did catch my attention though is that it seems like people can actually become ends. In which case I will argue the difference between them is whether they reject or embrace their humanity. Those who reject their humanity become inhuman monsters, those that embrace their humanity remain as drifters. So its perhaps more of a voluntary thing.

Seeing the last chapter it seems like toyohisa is once again doing pretty well. It would appear his enemy is able to summon souls to some effect although what it is still eludes me. I guess it is still ambiguous.... It is a tad weird that toyohisa and co are basically the only ones there being willing to go to any extreme to win the war though. For toyohisa the only honor there is is in killing the enemy at whatever the cost, his only issue is with retreating so far. In turn his enemies seem to be caught up in things like honor and whatnot. I wonder if this guy will be defeated so early, I thought things with him would pick up early.

Seeing the chapter once this battle is over it will seem like the drifters will have gotten themselves a nation. It is still a broken nation, how long will it take them to get it into shape? I guess that the key here is that they will not just take the country, they are bringing technology and allies with them. Once they take the country they will perhaps be able to free more slaves who will perhaps not be so against the idea of joining the new nation that freed them. I guess the key here is how they maintain everyone united, it is humans after all that turned dwarfs, elves and perhaps a few others into slaves. With new management made out of drifters, former slaves and humans it just might be possible though. Of course the big issue from that point will be to start mass producing weapons although that should be plausible with the dwarfs working alongside humans.

New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6