Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Football/Soccer Thread

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Ichimaru Gin n Tonic's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

The Football/Soccer Thread

Welcome to the greatest sport in the world!

You can call it football, soccer, voetbal, fußball, futebol, fútbol, sakkā, calcio, футбол, ποδόσφαιρο, כדורגל, bola sepak, sepak bola, 축구, 足球 -- and you'll end up with the same game. One ball, two teams, 2x45 minutes, two sides of the field, the referee, the game, and the victory.

This is where you can talk about the teams, the players, the managers, the owners, the fans, the leagues, the tournaments -- the game!

Remember: No Flaming is allowed.

Fair Play, Kick Racism Out of Football and may the best team wins!

Thanks [br]Posted on: December 24, 2006, 10:47:14 PM_________________________________________________EPL fans, Rejoice!

In honor of the Boxing Day tradition, there will be matches on December 26th 2006.
    Here are the match lineup:

Chelsea 2-2 Reading
    CHE: Drogba 38',72'; REA: L. Lita 67', Essien (o.g) 86'

Tottenham H. 2-1 Aston Villa
    TOT: Defoe 58', 72'; AST: Barry 82'

West Ham U. 1-2 Portsmouth
    WHU: Sheringham 81'; POR: Primus 16',38'

Blackburn R. 1-0 Liverpool
    BLA: McCarthy 49'

Bolton W. 2-1 Newcastle U.
    BOL: Ramage (o.g) 33', Anelka 57'; NEW: Dyer 8'

Everton 0-0 Middlesbrough

Manchester U. 3-1 Wigan Athletic
    MANU: Ronaldo 47', 50' Solksjaer 59'; WIG: Baines (pen.) 90'

Sheffield U. 0-1 Manchester C.
    MANC: Ireland 79'

Watford 1-2 Arsenal
    WAT: Smith 23'; ASNL: Silva 10', van Persie 83'

EPL Match for Dec 27th 2006

Charlton 2-2 Fulham
    CHA: Ambrose 19', D. Bent 45'; FUL: McBride 13', Quedrue 90'

[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 07:06:32 PM_________________________________________________Matches in Eredivisie for Dec 26th 2006

Feyenoord Rotterdam 1-1 PSV Eindhoven
    FEY: Charisteas 38'; PSV: Cocu 24'

Willem II Tilburg 2-1 Excelsior Rotterdam
    WIL: Imschoot 82',84'; EXC: Slory 10'

FC Groningen 0-1 Sparta Rotterdam
    SPAR: van Bueren 64'

Matches in Eredivisie for Dec 27th 2006

Den Haag - RKC Waalwijk

FC Twente Enschede - AZ Alkmaar

FC Utrecht - Heracles Almelo

NAC Breda - Vitesse Arnhem

NEC Nijmegen - SC Heerenveen

Ajax Amsterdam - Roda Kerkrade
    [br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 07:09:32 PM_________________________________________________Scotland Premier League schedule for Dec 26th 2006

Hearts 3-2 Hibernian
    HEA: Hartley 2', Jankauskas 49, Mikolunas 70'; HIB: Killen 54' Shiels (pen.) 61'

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
    ABE: Maguire 6', Nicholson 9', Lovel 87'; KIL: Naismith 89'

Celtic 2-2 Dundee United
    CEL: O'Dea 78', Nakamura 80'; DUN: Robertson 17', Samuel 58'

Dunfermline 0-2 Motherwell
    MOT: Fitzpatrick 26', McDonald 79'

St. Mirren 1-0 Falkirk
    STM: Lappin 67'

[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 11:16:32 PM_________________________________________________International Friendly

Thailand 2-0 Singapore

Check back this post for final time results!

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Football/Soccer Thread

My pick on EPL (Boxing Day)

Chelsea - Reading
    Chelsea 2-0

Tottenham H. - Aston Villa
    Draw 1-1

West Ham U. - Portsmouth
    West Ham 1-0

Blackburn R. - Liverpool
    Liverpool 3-1

Bolton W. - Newcastle U.
    Bolton 1-0

Everton - Middlesbrough
    Draw 0-0

Manchester U. - Wigan Athletic
    MU 2-0

Sheffield U. - Manchester C.
    City 3-1

Watford - Arsenal
    Arsenal 3-0

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

bax, lotsa confidence after crashing Blackburn with a 6-2 win, eh?

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ichimaru_gin_n_tonic
    bax, lotsa confidence after crashing Blackburn with a 6-2 win, eh?
    Yeah I hope they play well like when they trashed Blackburn ^^ Actually, I kinda hope MU lost so they can close the gap at the top, but judging from their performance lately, it's kinda hard to deny them a win

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bax
    Yeah I hope they play well like when they trashed Blackburn ^^ Actually, I kinda hope MU lost so they can close the gap at the top, but judging from their performance lately, it's kinda hard to deny them a win
    You got that right, mister! Currently United has been blessed with only minor injuries problems and the way the team are playing right now, it would be hard to see them lost a match. I wish Reading could hold Chelsea with a draw, but they got Drogba. That guy is like the new Christian Vieri (in his golden days, of course), his off the ball movement is good, his shot are incredible, and his handling of vertical pass is not to shabby (Vieri's better, but Bierhoff is the best!).[br]Posted on: December 25, 2006, 08:10:00 PM_________________________________________________Haven't seen Xophien hangin' around this board. I'd love some news on Ligue 1.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I dislike Chelsea (only for their monopoly shopping spree), Drogba is great. He's tall, big and strong. And Chelsea got the tendency to score last minute goals

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mourinho is good at making attacking plays. They can close up their half and keep the opponent chasing for the ball, just when they're distracted enough... BAM! they score! Either it's by Didi or someone else, including a certain player who likes to make long range shots.
    Another team i'd love to see winning is Portsmouth, not only because they wear my name on their shirt. But Redknapp managed to turn the lame team to one of the feared ones this season.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't deny Mourinho's brain at all In fact, He's one of the best managers out there
    Sheva is a waste for me, but they still have Lampard for long range and Terry is good at set pieces. Plus Robben and Joe Cole is still there too

And yes, Portsmouth is great this season. Much like Wigan a few seasons ago ^^ As much as I support Arsenal, the team is pretty penetrable at the back They are great at fatst and counter attacking but while they score goals, the also tend to let easy goals into their net >.>

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Not just new tough defenders, Arsenal also need a new Vieira and a change of goalkeeper would be good, 37 is not exactly a great age for goalie anymore. I was surprised when they sold Campbell to Portsmouth. I heard there's bad blood between Wenger and Campbell now.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.. and Lehmann is not my ideal keeper either >.< He seems to have seasons in his performance >.> I guess, his time should be over after World Cup. Perhaps they need to give some younger candidates the post. but yet again, until they settle their defensive problems, they shouldn't chnage I guess >.<

And good defenders are hard to find nowadays. And Arsenal is not the type to pay big transfer fees like MU or Chelsea >.>[br]Posted on: December 26, 2006, 08:56:52 AM_________________________________________________Bwahhahahaha....

Chelsea drew (no offense to Chelsea fans)

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ichimaru_gin_n_tonic
    Haven't seen Xophien hangin' around this board. I'd love some news on Ligue 1.
    Well, the L1 players are currently taking a break so there's not really much to say^^;; since the french league starts a few weeks before most of the other european leagues, they take a two-weeks break for Christmas

So actually, the only interesting thing right now is the matter of Frédéric Piquionne, Saint-Etienne's striker, that Lyon >_< wants to buy. Hopefully, we'll manage to keep him (he's one of the best scorers of the french league this year), but Lyon has bigger wages

But, well, I'll give news of the french league when it'll start again. I'm gonna make a .txt file where I'll write "Lyon has won 1-0 at the 87th minute" so I can copy-paste it each time

Art by 双瀬 聖

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Football thread? Juventus rocks! Lots of traitors it seems, but Juve will rise once again! (and long live Del Piero) :P

And Inter seems to be winning Series A (unfortunately) while Juve series B (hopefully).

Oh and a lil' question, is Ronlado still fat? (forgot to read the articles lately )
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87
    Oh and a lil' question, is Ronlado still fat? (forgot to read the articles lately )
    He was slowly gaining his ideal weight at the World Cup. But it seems that he is still slow at the moment. I miss his performance around the year 1997 and 1998

And yay for Arsenal again ^^ Bleh.. but MU won >.> Chelsea drew ^^ and Liverpool lost
    Makes the fight for top four places more open now ^^ (except for the runaway top spot ofcourse)

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xophien
    Well, the L1 players are currently taking a break so there's not really much to say^^;; since the french league starts a few weeks before most of the other european leagues, they take a two-weeks break for Christmas

So actually, the only interesting thing right now is the matter of Frédéric Piquionne, Saint-Etienne's striker, that Lyon >_< wants to buy. Hopefully, we'll manage to keep him (he's one of the best scorers of the french league this year), but Lyon has bigger wages

But, well, I'll give news of the french league when it'll start again. I'm gonna make a .txt file where I'll write "Lyon has won 1-0 at the 87th minute" so I can copy-paste it each time
    Looks like Lyon's owner got the Abrahamovicitis. Don't let them give him up, Xoph!

Quote Originally Posted by bax
    He was slowly gaining his ideal weight at the World Cup. But it seems that he is still slow at the moment. I miss his performance around the year 1997 and 1998

And yay for Arsenal again ^^ Bleh.. but MU won >.> Chelsea drew ^^ and Liverpool lost
    Makes the fight for top four places more open now ^^ (except for the runaway top spot ofcourse)
    Portsmouth won too! Well, they was playing against the Hammers and it took an old guy like Teddy to score. It's a shame really considering their team materials, they could do better.

@ibra: yes, he still is

Sorry I cant update the result for Eredivisie match on the 27th. I kept getting time out everytime i try to acces my source...

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh.. actually Lyon is one of my favourite to win the Champions' League this time. They are always great. But it's sad they're playing in less popular league --> when compared to the big ones like EPL, Serie A or La Liga.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 167 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast