Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Next-Gen console do you intend to have?!

Hurray for hackers! they are our last hope in this demented world we live in where big corporations hunt profit disregarding the benefit of their customers if the two would ever come in conflict. It is because of hakers that we can rest assured that there will always be one or another form of inovation and that there will always be a way to get around whatever unnessesary measures big comapies decide to implement in their blind pursuit of financial gain.
    I raise my cup in honor of these champions of fairness and equality who, though their methods and sometimes their motives might be questionable, unrelentingly contiue to provide a balance and counter weight to the corporate machine.

p.s. I respectfully ask that no one feel compelled to take offence to my short and random monolog. It was by no means intended to be taken seriously. On the contrary, I was simply overrun by the urge let lose a barrage of exagerated admiration for a group of people that hide in the shadows of acceptable society.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity laughing@you's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

None taken!!

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't expect to ever get any kind of good pirating on an Xbox 360. Those required updates that happen every once in a while will brick your console (read: make it so that it will not power up ever again) if it detects any kind of modding or tampering.
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, one of the most wonderfull thing about hackers, the real old school type anyway, is that if someone proclaims something impossible they make it their personal responsibility to prove that person wrong.
    Personally I think it is just a matter of time. There will always be hacks that is one thing you can count on in this world.
    Blind dude rocks! click the link to find out why, I dare you
    Spoiler: awesome slashdot(and other) quote(s) show

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

A Wii is a given for me, as I loved SSBM, and can't wait for the third game. PS3 and X360 is the tough choice. PS3 is a bit expensive, yet has the next game in one of my favorite series (MGS). 360 has Blue Dragon (which I think looks awesome), and tons of multiplayer games (being a WoW addict, I adore online multiplayer). For now, I'll just stick with my PS2, DS and buying a Wii later this month.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

from what i have been looking @ i dont see there being a MUST HAVE GAME for any of the new console's... i wish there was one but right now there isnt ...

I mean as of now i think the thing on everyone's mind is the WII but in a year or two when the dust settels are you going to still think the Wiimote is cool? or just a annoying gimick that you wish wasnt made? i hope it dosnt come to that butr i just dont think that the Wiimote is a sure fire thing tell i play with it.

I think for now its just the fan-boy's and hard core gamers that are buying console's while the rest of the ppl are fine with there current gen consoles (( There are a ton of games i still need to play for my PS2 and a ton of GC games i need to play on the Wii whenever i get it >.>))
    TVFanOnline the podcasting home for all your television needs from Soaps to Primetime hits and even movies TFO is your one stop shop for all your TV Related podcast needs

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zypher's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

everybody loves Wii ^^ everybody loves Wii ^^ everybody loves Wii ^^

yes i am gonig to get me a Wii and as fast Super Smash Bros Brawl will come out i will not go outside until i have done everything in the game ^^

everybody loves Wii ^^ everybody loves Wii ^^ everybody loves Wii ^^

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member blasta's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes! I am getting Wii myself too will probably get PS3 too but much later on when prices are down and also there aren't much good launch games for it most of the good games are coming later on.
    BoH!
    Thank you to yFANTgirl.

Eroge Danchou MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Xophien's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing I'm sure, I won't get a Wii. I like to play my games with a regular pad, so Wii is not for me. I'll probably buy the PS3 when MGS4 is released, since I'm looking forward to other PS3 games like FFXIII too

Art by 双瀬 聖

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

PS3 and its games are what I really want, but I'll probably settle for the Wii and Zelda this January while I wait for some games to come out for the PS3 and get the latter in the summer.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

[b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Speaking of Next-Gen Consoles. I recently passed by through some of the shops in Hong Kong, to begin with PS3 is on the top of my priority list. And then I saw it!! Someone was actually buying it and testing it right in front of MY EYES! At first I saw a screen and a character, "Wow, nice CG Movie" I thought, then the dude starts pressing buttons, and the character MOVED! I jumped back in astonishment and I was pretty much confused in my mind, is this a CG movie or a REAL-TIME Game. I can't bear to watch so I stood in the corner rubbing my head continiously "no no no, my mind must be playing tricks on me". Soon after I went to another shop with a PS3 demo on board (you can play it) but for some reason, nobody is touching the alien console. And then somebody did, and I watched again with Awe. I couldn't bear to watch so once again I continued around the area.

Then I noticed a Nintendo Wii is being showcased, and man I could not imagine how I felt when I saw it! The demonstration with the Wii controller just urged me to buy it, it's not the graphics that interests me but the way the control can actually be manipulated in countless ways possible. I HAVE TO GET IT! But it was sold out on the First Day! UNBELIEVABLE. You know what, I'm gonna get a Wii first before the PS3, it's a definite must, I love Zelda and I loved how the demo went.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Ayah's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also interested at the Wiimote's freedom of movement, but remember these 2 important things when you get the Wii:

1. Be sure that there is nothing near you when you play or you could hit someone/knock off something.
    2. Wear the wristband. Better yet, reinforce the wristband that comes with the Wii. There have been incidents where the wristband snapped. I bet nobody wants their TV to end up like this guy's, just because the wristband snapped right when the Wiimote slipped out of his friend's hand.

I'm still undecided whether to get a Wii as well. The only reason why I plan to get a PS3 was because of their game lineup. These games haven't been released yet so I'm in no hurry getting a PS3. Besides, I still need to save money to buy it.

<3 glasskatana for the sig
    Tayo na sa Sineskwela Pinoy Hangout Thread v.16!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ayah
    I'm also interested at the Wiimote's freedom of movement, but remember these 2 important things when you get the Wii:

1. Be sure that there is nothing near you when you play or you could hit someone/knock off something.
    2. Wear the wristband. Better yet, reinforce the wristband that comes with the Wii. There have been incidents where the wristband snapped. I bet nobody wants their TV to end up like this guy's, just because the wristband snapped right when the Wiimote slipped out of his friend's hand.

I'm still undecided whether to get a Wii as well. The only reason why I plan to get a PS3 was because of their game lineup. These games haven't been released yet so I'm in no hurry getting a PS3. Besides, I still need to save money to buy it.
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]I know what you mean, I've seen CRAZY stuff regarding "next-gen" consoles like what happened to my friend when he first bought a PS2. Remember that time where you needed an Original CD and a bootdisk to play the pirated games. Yeah the DVD slot keeps coming in and out, then for some reason, the DVD slot shot out like an alien space craft along with DVD. Anyways, with the Wii, I'll always make sure that I would use it in Nunchuck mode! It's a bit safer than holding the remote alone! Anyways, there has been a lot of problems with PS3 so I'll wait for bug fixes and popular games before I buy it!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member kulong's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WII cause it cheaper and its fun when ur friends come over xD need more mult parties games for the wii xD
    Quack!

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kulong
    WII cause it cheaper and its fun when ur friends come over xD need more mult parties games for the wii xD
    [b][font=verdana][color=green][size=1]Exactly!

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast