Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread: Gantz Minus Discussion

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz Minus Discussion

[Gantz Minus -007] Chapter 5
    [T/N: translation of persons’ names, sound effects and curse words are uncertain. You can make up your own.]

They soon found the spot.
    At the end of a street, there was an out-of-place apartment building painted in pure white. The name tag at the entrance of the building reads: Ru vyu roji.
    This ultra-clean, ultra-white building stood out among the surrounding grayish non-descript buildings. Ishibashi's reptilian eyes lit up. He asked the lanky man next to him, "Are you sure about the spot?"
    "Yup. It is beeping like mad. The Boss is right here." Ishibashi nodded toward the lanky man, watching Akari from afar full of lust.
    "How many points do you think it is worth?"
    "I don't know. I would be happy to be cautious, and just survive this."
    "That is always the plan, isn't it?"
    Suddenly, Ishibashi turn serious, and said "This Boss is our prey. You are using a mere capturing gun. You can't handle it no matter what you try. Just take care of the left-overs, and don't touch the boss."
    "I will do as I wish." Akari answered in a cold voice.
    "Let us go!"
    The beard man inhaled deeply on his cigarette, ready to pull the door open. At this moment, the door burst open from the inside.
    Ooki was frozen at the sight. Inside the room is full of Shoutoku Aliens. Packed like a can of sardines, you can't squeeze in one more Shoutoku Aliens in there. The Shoutoku Aliens are stuck there in all kinds of positions. Watching carefully, the windows are also jam packed.
    "Today is our lucky day!" Ishibashi turned his head and grinned at the lanky man. The lanky man looked at the detector, and shrugged. “It seems the number increased again from the last time I checked.” Ishibashi whistled.
    “Shit! Whatever.”
    The thick eyebrow is breathing hard, holding his gun tightly. “This time we can get a lot of points clearing them out.” “The more of them there are, the more points we can score.” The beard man said laughingly.
    Then, the Shoutoku Aliens turned their heads toward the Ishibashi gang. The window glass broke with a thud, and the Shoutoku Aliens crawled out like a swarm.
    “Ha ha! Wonderful, just wonderful! Even if each is worth only one point, there are a hundred points right here.” Ishibashi started shooting with his gun. His companions joined in the slaughter at once.
    “Ah, this is good! Kill, kill them all!”
    The Shoutoku Aliens spread out from the apartment. Those that were alive started counterattacking with their ladles.
    “Kyaaa!” One wave of attack hit the lanky man’s arm before he can dodge it.
    “Oh, my arm…!” He stared at the void below his elbow.
    “Oh, my arm! My arm is …”
    “Look out behind you!” While hiding nearby, Ooki saw a Shoutoku Alien behind the lanky man and tried to shout. Obviously, the lanky man did not notice this. But sounds did not escape his throat.
    “Ooohhh!” The lanky man was caught by the alien from behind and screamed. At this time, the alien opened his mouth wide, and spit out an alien child full of sticky liquid. The child immediately stood up, and hit squarely at the lanky man’s abdomen.
    Even with the suit, after the first hit, the lanky man starts to vomit. After the second hit, reddish liquid start to come out. After third hit, he bend over and start to spit out blood.
    “What, what are these things!” The thick eyebrow is shocked beyond comprehension. Holding back tears, he shot at the alien child.
    “You! How dare you!” seeing the alien child killed, the Shoutoku alien threw the lanky man at the thick eyebrow, crying.
    “Ahhhh!” Unable to avoid the hit, thick eyebrow, together with the lanky man’s body, flew in the air, and landed at Ooki’s feet.
    “Ichi! Ryu! You bastard!” The beard man shot at the Shoutoku alien. Despite having only half a body left, the Shoutoku alien still managed to threw his ladle at the beard man. Looking incredulous, the beard man was hit. The ladle broke through the suit, and cut deeply through his shoulder.
    “Ahhh!!!” A scream louder than anything Ooki had ever heard came out.
    Like moth attracted by flame, all the Shoutoku aliens swarm toward the beard man. In the blink of an eye, his body is covered by aliens.
    Then the scream stopped abruptly.
    Splash. As Ooki hide nearby, he heard the sound of something wet falling near him. It looked like a suited arm. The broken part is on the other side, but Ooki can still make out some liquid oozing from the other end.
    “woo, wooo..” crying, Ooki withdrew his hands from the arm.
    “Go to hell!” The man with the crew cut shot at the aliens surrounding the beard man angrily. “Stop! It is too late!” “Let me be!”
    “Do you dare to defy me?” Ishibashi said in a threating voice. Crew cut was stopped dead in his track. “But, but he is my best friend!”
    “You can’t help him when this happens. Run now!” Ishibashi grabbed his neck and threw him over the roof nearby. As he jumped on top of the roof himself, he shouted “Shoot! Keep shooting! No matter what, don’t let them get close!”
    Crew cut, the middle-aged man wearing a baseball cap and the short man with dark bags under his eyes, fired upon the aliens below from the rooftop.
    While the Shoutoku aliens kept fighting back with their ladles, Ishibashi and the gang were able to dodge the attack over the rooftop. Soon, the number of aliens became smaller and smaller. Finally, not a single one of the alien was moving.

Despite the damages to some of the walls, the apartment building used by the aliens was miraculously still intact. Hoisting the gun to his shoulder, Ishibashi looked at the large holes on the wall.
    “That is really unbelievable! A place like this can hide so many aliens!”
    “Here he comes!” Crew cut took a look at the detector on his arm, yelled out as he looked up.
    “It is the Boss, Ishibashi san”. “You can tell without me saying it.”
    Ishibashi licked his lip, pointed his gun at the gaps on the wall.
    Then they heard a deep throated growling noise. Soon, they saw a shadow coming out of the gaps on the wall. The noise was coming from this thing. It looked just like Prince Shoutoku on the picture. It was wearing a large robe, and shoes with the tips pointing upward toward the sky. But the sword on its waist was huge. It was also huge. If it straightens up, it will reach the roof of this two-story apartment building.
    “What is hell is this?” The middle aged man wearing baseball hat looked up at the Prince, puzzled.
    “Idiots! [name]ricefield[/name]!Don’t just stand there watching!”
    “Errr, is this different from those previous ones?”
    Ricefield pulled the bill of the hat toward his back, raised his gun toward the Prince.
    Suddenly, Prince Shoutoku opened his eyes wide, and looked down at the Middle aged man.
    “The Seventeen-article Constitution!” [T/N: The Seventeen-article Constitution is said to be the greatest achievement of Prince Shoutoku.]
    Just hearing this voice made people tremble. The ultra-low frequency sound wave coming out that huge body is shaking all the surrounding objects. At a distance of less than four yards, Ricefield tried to cover his ears with his hands, but it was too late.
    “Ahhhhh.”
    “My, my, go die!”
    An explosion occurred where Ricefield used to stand.
    “Idiots! Drop to the floor!” Ishibashi screamed toward his companions. At the sound of his command, the stunned companions all drooped to the floor at once.
    Then the shockwave of the explosion hit. As the shock wave passed, dust permeated everywhere.
    Crew cut stood up and whispered, “what… gone, all gone!”. In the direction facing Prince Shoutoku, everything was blown away, including buildings.
    “Ricefield … is gone!”
    “Using sound to attack? Damn. What do we do now? It is a monster!”
    The huge Prince Shoutoku, looked slowly around, then lean forward, and vomited out a number of Shoutoku aliens.
    “Ahhhh, Ahhhh!!!” The man with dark bag under his eyes screamed out loud. He was pushed down by the Shoutoku aliens, and disappeared amongst them. Countless ladles went up and down. The scream only lasted an instant. Then the only sound left echoing throughout was the sound of something hitting a wet object, freezing anyone who hears it.
    As Ooki watched, he felt something coming out of his stomach, and tried to cover his mouth.
    “No! Look out!” It is the sound of Akari. Ooki looked up, and came face to face with the huge Prince Shoutoku looking down.
    “wooo!” Ooki raised his gun and pulled the trigger. He missed. Prince Shoutoku smirked, pulling out a huge ladle from its clothier.
    Pong. Sounding like an old refrigerator compressor, a strange light started to appear at the tip of the huge ladle. There was nothing for Ooki to do but to turn tail and run. Suddenly, Ooki felt a heat wave behind him. When he turned around to look, the light from the tip of the ladle was burning up the place he used to hide.
    “Light saber?”
    Whatever is touched by that light is turned to smoke in an instant. That light comes toward Ooki, and Ooki was too terrified to move, only able to watch the light approaching.
    All of a sudden, the deadly light turned away and missed Ooki. It was Ishibashi who hit Prince Shoutoku’s shoulder from behind. Ooki looked warily at Ishibashi.
    “Such a useless one. If you don’t want to die, get away from here.” Ishibashi spit at the ground.
    With tears coming out, Prince Shoutoku turned toward Ishibashi with hatred. Dark liquid coming out of its right shoulder, Prince Shoutoku spit out more Shoutoku aliens and children. In an instant, the aliens surrounded Ishibashi.
    “Damn, were all those Shoutoku aliens before spit out by him?” Ishibashi smacked his lips, firing at the aliens and children. Even though he finished them easily, he was unable to hit the Huge Prince Shoutoku.
    “ Missed … Damn, what a troublesome thing.”
    A black blade extended from Ishibashi’s right hand. With minimal motion, he cut down the enemy in front. About half of the enemy was cut in half right down the middle. But the aliens made no move to back off. All of a sudden, the black blade flew in the air, spinning around, and fell to the ground. The alien children pin down Ishibashi’s body, opened their mouth wide, bearing their yellow teeth.
    “He, he, how about this!” The alien in front of Ishibashi all of a sudden exploded. Ishibashi was hiding the X-gun on his body, and shooting at the aliens point blank.
    “Go die!” Then, the head of the Huge Prince Shoutoku expanded, then exploded and flew away. The joy of victory flooded on Ishibashi’s face.
    “Oh, oh, this … this …” Now Ishibashi realized his X-gun and his hand are missing from the wrist. He saw his hand far away, and felt his body torn apart, and finally showed fear on his face.
    “Arrr, Arrrr, that, that? … that???!”In the end, the sounds turned into scream. But it did not last long.
    Then, the aliens and children surrounding Ishibashi were pinned to the ground by a net one by one. It was Akari’s work.
    She picked up Ishabashi’s sword, and skewered the last alien, kicked it to the ground, and pinned it using the a. Akari looked down to see Ishibashi. Without any expression, she turned her head away.
    The only thing remained of Ishibashi was his head rolling on the ground, with fear still on the face. Ooki can only look on, unable to do anything. Suddenly, he saw something moving. He looked up, it was the Huge Prince Shoutoku without its head, facing Akari.
    “Look, it is still alive!” Ooki aimed his gun at the alien. Perhaps due to the slow movement of the alien, this time he did not miss. Even though Ooki hit its back and leg, the alien was still moving.
    “Roar, roar” A roaring sound was coming out of the alien’s stomach, and it raised its ladle ready to swing.
    “It is close to death, and still attacking?” Akari said calmly. She picked up Ishibashi’s sword, and cut off the left leg hit by Ooki. The huge alien body lost its balance, and felt. At this moment, the tip of the ladle lit up again.
    “Zooommmm!” The alien gave out a last roar. A huge chunk of building nearby was blown away. Akari took no mind of it, and slowly shot at the fallen alien giant. Shinning wires start to cover the huge body. But the strength of Prince Shoutoku was still incredible. Despite all those wires pinning on the ground, it still seemed able to stand up.
    “It is over, give it up.” Akari attacked it again. After who knows how many nets were put down, the huge body finally stayed on the ground, exhausted.

Eventually, Prince Shoutoku was turned into light and sent away. After confirming this, Akari threw the sword on the ground.
    “Stupid men…” She looked at the thing that used to be Ishibashi.
    Ooki followed her sight, and hurriedly looked away at the sight of the thing rolling around.
    This must be a nightmare. Yes, it must be. Ooki closed his eyes and prayed. Let me wake up. Let me wake up please. This is impossible. In the past, Ooki had many impossible nightmares as well. But then, as soon as Ooki wanted to go back to reality, he would wake up like a normal day.

But this time, praying is of no use. When Ooki opened his eyes again, in front of his eyes, was the same Akari full of sadness, standing there not moving an inch.

Chapter 5 end.

2. Thanks 7 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Extra image from the Gantz/Minus book, thanks to Kei Kun from Gantz Otaku.

The extra chapter here, again from Gantz Otaku.
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Didn't know about this "extra phase". Looks judging by the pics looks like the Vamps were a past target. Just as I expected.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, they appeared out of nowhere near the end of the Jeans alien mission.

One of them even killed a Jeans alien, who knows why...maybe it was hostile?
    (キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Was Nishi in the chapter at all? If I remember correctly when he was on the train with Izumi he did not recognize the vamps. What else did the vamps do? I still cant believe that there is still so many unanswered questions about them after all this time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SuperShuter's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Has the minus series been scanalated yet, I know each one only had a few pictures, but it would be nice to see the whole thing together instead of just translations

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Devil Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Oku needs to go over the Vampire history, he's never elaborated on them.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

What ist with the rest of the Translation of Gantz Minus???
    Is the Translation ongoing?

Sorry for my bad English.
    This is the first Time is posted in an English Forum.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

GAT-X252's link is dead now.

Can someone edit the first page to list where all the translations and any download pages for the raws are at? Or make a new thread for that? Be much easier than having to go through more than 20 pages and scouting around for things.
    Please contribute to the Gantz wiki, where every bit of information, no matter how insignificant, is recorded.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

^ that would be nice... I miss the -003 raw, and the translations (if there is any other than -008 & -007)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question. Is Gantz Minus considered canon or not? Does anyone know?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Its someone translate the rest oft Gantz Minus?
    Chapter 0006-0001?
    Or is the Translation of gantz Minus in English stopped?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hungary
    Post Thanks / Like

Still nobody cares to translate the rest of Gantz/Minus?
    Then maybe this? its shorter and looks like its the same story (or is it just a fan fic?):
    http://hi.baidu.com/8488088742/album...Bminus/index/0

or at least the first chapter : http://submanga.com/Gantz_Minus/-0008/39497

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Otaku400's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The first link is the gantz/Minus Douji but i think the Artist has broken up the Projeckt.
    Verry Sad.

The second link is the first Chapter in Espanol.

I have found a german translation and i try to translate the Chapter 7-5 in german with an friend.

I hope realy Dark horse licended the Novels.

New Reply
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23