Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The GEshode Thread

Intl Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GEshode's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up The GEshode Thread

Well, I am a pretty new translator at the moment, so probably not many will look at this thread, but I saw this Subforum and thought I just start a thread.

To my person: I am a German student, who will make his A-Levels this year. The first manga I started to translate is K-ON!. I decided to translate it, after watching the anime. At the moment I translate from English to German, because my Japanese is not good enoguh to translate from Japanese. But I hope, that will change after I've spent next year there. We will see.

That's about everything I have to write at the moment, so if you want to ask me something, then ask, if not, then don't.^^

Greets to everyone GEshode

P.S.: Oh yeah, I wanted to have Geshode as my username, but because of a mistake it is now GEshode, but I started to like it.

If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, how ever improbable, must be the thruth!
    The GEshode Thread
    The journey, which is called life

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The GEshode Thread

I'd like to ask you where do you study?

Also, what's the meaning of Geshode

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I still go to school. I come into the 13th grade, so yes I am in the "Gymnasium", you as a fellow German probably know what it is, for everyone else. It is a secondary school. And my school is in Osnabrück. The third biggest town in Niedersachsen. It is located in the Southwest of Niedersachsen.

Geshode doesn't has a meaning as far as I know. I made it up, it is just a word I use aas a nick- and gamername... Before I had Sho as my gamername, but I felt like getting a new one, soe I changed it a bit...

If you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, how ever improbable, must be the thruth!
    The GEshode Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, you're quick! D:

So you're from Osnabrück then, ok I see. I'm from Paderborn, not that far btw

I'm also curious why you've decided to spend next year in Japane. Just because of the culture, or is it sth organized from school?
    Speak! xD

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

My year in Japan is only organized by me, so nothing from school or any exchange program. I will go there, because of the culter and because I think, that you can really only understand people from a different country, when you have lived in the country. I noticed that after my year in the US. Moreover I hope, that my Japanese will get much better. And I also a have friend in Japan, so I will visit her then, too.

The GEshode Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEshode View Post
    My year in Japan is only organized by me, so nothing from school or any exchange program. I will go there, because of the culter and because I think, that you can really only understand people from a different country, when you have lived in the country. I noticed that after my year in the US. Moreover I hope, that my Japanese will get much better. And I also a have friend in Japan, so I will visit her then, too.
    where do you wanna live there? and what about money?

wo willst du dort leben und von was bezahlen? solltest du die zeit nicht lieber fürs studium/ausbildung nutzen?

"The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who has just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next."

Jigoro Kano

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go there on Work and Travel. It exists an association in Japan, which helps Working Holiday Makers with finding jobs and falts. So the first days I will live in a hostel until I find a job through the asssociation and then when I have a job I have money for the year. Moreover I am already saving money for it. And with out enough money I am not even getting the Working Holiday Visa, which I will need. But where exactly I will live and as what I will work. That isn't sure yet. I will see, when I get there. And I mean, when I notice, that I run out of money, I still can come back to Germany...

The GEshode Thread

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

is there a possibility for you to stay in japan? and why isn't you name marked as translator? unofficial?

"The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who has just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next."

Jigoro Kano

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean like forever? Or do you mean at the beginning? I am not sure waht you mean...

The GEshode Thread

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

living.

Jigoro Kano

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean somethign like a flat? As I said at the beginning I will stay in a hostel. And when I have a job I will find a flat and there are also some jobs, who have a possibility to stay. Like when you start in a hotel, that you will get a room there... But I will see all that when I am there...

The GEshode Thread

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i mean, staying there and start a new life. a family, job.....
    i wanted to say forever at the beginning, but it sounds like staying there and not coming back to germany anymore. that's why there is such a misunderstanding.

Jigoro Kano

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I probably could, if I wanted to. I mean, it is possible to change the Working Holiday Visa to a different one, but that depends on the Japanese Immigration Bureau. But I plan on coming back to Germany, to study and all that. But maybe my plans will change. We will see...

The GEshode Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Imperium's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you end up going on your trip? If you did, how was it?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    ...i could pimp in bulgaria...my game tight like that

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I end up going on my trip and I am actually still on it. I am in Japan now since almost three months.
    And I have an application running for a resort job. If I get that job, then I have a job for the next four months, so that my trip is still safe for the next months...

The GEshode Thread

New Reply