Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 10 and 11 Discussion/Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 10 and 11 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I think Konomi might pull something really really cheap like "Echizen can't do Tenimuhou anymore because he is too concerned with beating *insert currently hyped opponent here* and that ruins the fun of tennis"
    Lol if someone as pragmatic as yuki made him realize he loved tennis i doubt anyone else could suck the fun from him.

Also why is everyone gaga for Kazuya? I need to reread the first few chapters but it's not Like Kazuya is the number one of the upper courts or anything right?
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    No way of really determining that..

also..i don't know if he continued but when Echizen first started serving..his serve was unreadable by the human eye and even in slow mo replay you could barely see it...echizen said he was going to slow it down. It's never mentioned if he sped back up..he obviously toyed with Yuki for the next six games.
    Ah... so are you saying that we have not seen much of PoP at its best then?

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe the king View Post
    Lol if someone as pragmatic as yuki made him realize he loved tennis i doubt anyone else could suck the fun from him.

Also why is everyone gaga for Kazuya? I need to reread the first few chapters but it's not Like Kazuya is the number one of the upper courts or anything right?
    Haha that's exactly what I was going to say. If Echizen can realize that he has fun playing tennis with all of his senses gone in the finals of a national tournament where all of his teammates are depending on him, then I'd like to know exactly WHAT kind of opponent could tear the fun out of tennis for him..

And as for Kazuya, yeah, you're right. It's never mentioned that he's the number 1 player of the second string, and he's not even in the first string. But I guess the only reason everyone thinks he's all that is because he managed to freeze Kirihara by just staring at him, and because he's the only player we've seen from court 1 so far. But we don't know much about him yet. Who knows? For all we know, he could be a member of the first string that got injured or something like that.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Kazuka, Katana, Oni... = Hype
    It's necessary for a "new" manga like Shin Prince of Tennis.
    A lot of people would be complaining if there were no new characters.
    And being the first of appear doesn´t mean they are the best, of course. The first "really powerful but unknown rival" we saw in PoT was Kirihara,in a very early chapter, and right now we know he isn´t maybe in TOP 10 of PoT.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Javimgol's right... New characters add suspense, make discussions interesting, and keep readers hooked right? Kazuya could be amazing, but he could be boring too. We just don't know... not enough info yet. I hope to see him in a shuffle match soon.

I would argue that Kirihara BARELY makes the top 10 in prequel PoT, but this isn't the right thread for that lol. Plus I'm sure there are high schoolers out there that are better than he is.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm well aware of what you guys are saying..it's just that to me Kazuya is generic..idk i like the one with the glasses most..he seems the most interesting.

Also..remember Akaya used to kick the HS ass when practicing..i think he beat 10 left handed High schoolers in row in practice for Kanto.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea, left handed high schoolers of what level?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, I only recall Akaya beating the HS left-handers in the anime. Does anyone have the link to the page in the manga where Akaya beat the high schoolers, or was this an anime-only thing? (I didn't start reading the manga until the Rikkai National Finals - other than that, I've only jumped around the actual manga series)

Anyways, weren't the high schoolers that Akaya beat regulars on the Rikkai high school team? I don't think they were that good - more than likely, Rikkai's high school team is not as successful as their middle school team.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Akaya beat the high schoolers <-- Manga too. Also, they were part of the team who contributed to their 2 championships, but Sanada said "they were revising for entry to high school" whilst Sanada and co had a whole summer to practising and that there was no way they would lose.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I see. Darn, I should go back and read the original PoT manga - I feel like I'm missing out. Anyways, do you know which chapter this was?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member javimgol's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
    I see. Darn, I should go back and read the original PoT manga - I feel like I'm missing out. Anyways, do you know which chapter this was?
    Here says he defeated High School Guys (http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/186/05/), I don´t know where is that part...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by javimgol View Post
    Here says he defeated High School Guys (http://www.onemanga.com/Prince_of_Tennis/186/05/), I don´t know where is that part...
    Eh, okay. Thanks anyway!

So... does anyone know when chapters 12 and 13 come out? Or... any spoilers yet?

Just posted one for you Sea Dragon =Sai
    Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; September 01, 2009 at 01:34 AM.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4