Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Organic vs Regular

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Eshvoide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Organic vs Regular

I'm not really that picky. I usually choose what's the cheapest at the grocery store. Organic producers says that organic material is better for you, but what do you think?
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk...I have a workstation.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Organic vs Regular

An experiment was done on Penn & Teller's Bullsh!t and they sliced a non-organic banana in half telling a person to taste both ends. Each banana was labeled as organic or non-organic. The person said the organic banana tasted much better even though it was the same banana.
    Another blind experiment was done where there was a organic and non-organic banana and most people picked the non-organic tasted better.

I don't think it matters if you pick organic or not since it's safely regulated by the FDA. As long as your eating healthy food I'm sure it can't be that bad for you.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Most organic food tastes the same as regular food. There is also no evidence that organic is any healthier for you.

What organic food is though is more expensive. So if you just enjoy spending more money on food than you have to, then organic may be the way to go.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Gcat88's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

its more expensive because it isnt the number 1 choice. i eat some stuff organic and some non-organic. if EVERYTHING was organic, it wouldnt be this expensive.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

If EVERYTHING was organic, billions of people around the world would starve....so there's a good reason its not the number 1 choice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that one of the biggest debate of inorganic vs organic was the use of pesticides. The people who are organic don't require pesticides to keep harmful bugs from ruining their crops.

Of course, I have a mom who believes everything she sees on tv. Geez, anything in this world can kill you, you know. One time I remember I was eating the Dark Chocolate from the Hershey Minature bags because no one would eat them. She then complains about how they are not healthy for you. Then the dark cocoa craze came on. Live in moderation, I guess.
    Last edited by Eshvoide; August 11, 2009 at 10:16 PM.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk...I have a workstation.

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eshvoide View Post
    I know that one of the biggest debate of inorganic vs organic was the use of pesticides. The people who are organic don't require pesticides to keep harmful bugs from ruining their crops.

Of course, I have a mom who believes everything she sees on tv. Geez, anything in this world can kill you, you know. One time I remember I was eating the Dark Chocolate from the Hershey Minature bags because no one would eat them. She then complains about how they are not healthy for you. Then the dark cocoa craze came on. Live in moderation, I guess.
    From what I've heard, the pesticides used on non organic crops isn't as harmful as organic because organic farmers use DDT a lot. Which is extremely harmful to the environment.

And you have to use some form of pesticides on any crop to keep bugs from eating it.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity mugen's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

its people being picky with their food. period.
    click to join mangahelpers facebook group

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing that I learned from pesticides that part of it is made from petroleum O.o I could be SERIOUSLY wrong.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i have red somewhere that organic is not always better than normal food. it's more expensive and sometimes even worser.

"The man who is at the peak of his success, and the man who has just failed are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next."

Jigoro Kano

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes when I wonder when they inject or implant the DNA to make them grow bigger that I hope they don't have a similar DNA structure to make them poisonous, etc. You know, change some bases here due to mutation or what not.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dr.Robotnick's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

i like organic and regular
    What about you?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yuki_Judai's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like both of them. I think organic or regular is same, but the different only for quality.
    On again, guys...... ~Riksa Khageswara

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The real question shouldn't be if it's best for you, but if it's best for us all. Is it best if everyone eat regular, or organic etc. because the difference between them in "healthiness" aren't that big.
    With "us all" I mean how will it affect the nature, the emissions, the welfare etc. globally.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

If they're both healthy and taste good. Then its up-to your preference isn't it?

I'm half and half, whatever is good at least what I think is good or like, I'd take.

If one Organic product is good versus the Regular, I'd take the Organic one and vice-versa.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast