Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd to 5th part-Germany Dream-Goal 1) Discussions and Predictions

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd&4th part) Discussions and Predictions

Haruhi Suzumiya: You saw his position and playstyle in Road 83.

chaos master:
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    Right, Wakashimazu stopped the Tornado once out of 3 tries, so why should he be able to stop it every time?
    Now, he wouldn't be leveled up if he had the exact same skills than during this match, would he?

Victorino's speed alone [...] I don't see why their efficiency should drop.
    As I've said, they can't be as efficient in a team that didn't practice team play. Even Rivaul, the best player in the world, couldn't score on his own, and needed two incredibly skilled partners, just to make a pass.
    Cruyfford doesn't have any partner.
    Victorino has Hino and Hino has Victorino, yes, but even without considering Wakashimazu, the whole japanese team is levelled up. It's not that hard to imagine that only the two of them can't break through the whole japanese team everytime (even in Uruguay, they sometimes relied on the overlap of a defender).

Finally, Wakashimazu himself admitted that he lost his focus against Uruguay. So a focused Wakashimazu wouldn't have taken all these goals, without even considering the level up.

Was it so hard to make it look like a goal Wakabayashi couldn't have stopped himself? [...] would've been a lot grater ... for me at least
    Well, you pretty much hinted it out yourself: it's the same kind of goal the all-stars scored first. Kinda repetitive.
    Although I would have liked to see a number of plays from these all stars as well, it would annoy me if another all-star player managed to do the same thing as Schneider, who used his striker sense to predict the course of the ball. I would also find the explanation of the lack of team play ridiculous if everyone could pull that kind of team play, or I'd need an explanation, I mean, Hino and Victorino, why not, but Cruyfford never played with them.

Quote Originally Posted by abo3omar View Post
    Hyuga out? O.o
    Well, the Tachibanas are forwards.

They should've gout Akai in, not Ishizaki..or at least Urabi!
    Maybe you didn't notice, but Akai and Urabe are on the field. Kishida as well.

I was hoping to see Pierre's play =( Maybe a twin shot with Napoleon
    Hard if they're not playing in the same half of the game.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Finally, Wakashimazu himself admitted that he lost his focus against Uruguay. So a focused Wakashimazu wouldn't have taken all these goals, without even considering the level up.
    When did he say that? I must have missed it. Seriously, I did think he was conceding way too easily in the Uruguay game and if he had said something like that, please show me where

However, I still think Hino should be able to score against Wakashimazu. The Tornado Shoot was said to be just a little bit weaker and slower than the Raiju and I find it hard to believe, with all due respect to Ken, that he can save that in more than 50% of the cases.
    Well, you pretty much hinted it out yourself: it's the same kind of goal the all-stars scored first. Kinda repetitive.
    Well not exactly. The first goal pattern was:
    Trick Pass - Double Shot - Punching Save - Rebound Shot

The one I was thinking was in the lines of:
    Tornado Shoot - Punching Save - Victorino dashes and shoots - Another Save (possibly a Sankakugeri) - Cruyfford scored on rebound

Anyway, if I start listing all the goal or shooting scenarios I'd have liked to see from the World team, it'd take me all day*. It's just that I would've preferred, as a reader, to see the World team score, than have Japan concede on an own goal.

* Some of those are:
    - Cannon Slider Shoot
    - Double Handou Shuu (Santana -> Natureza -> Sho)
    - Tornado Arrow Skywing Handou Shuu Soku Jin Hou
    - Perfected Baisoku ni Kaiten Tornado Shoot by Hino
    - Nitta scoring on the other end
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

When did he say that?
    Just before stopping the Tornado Shoot. He was saying it was a shame and that he felt too safe after all the goals japan scored, or something like that.

However, I still think Hino should be able to score against Wakashimazu.
    Yeah. If Hino's team practiced team play, if Wakashimazu wasn't levelled up, as well as all the other japanese players.

Trick Pass - Double Shot - Punching Save - Rebound Shot
    [...]
    Tornado Shoot - Punching Save - Victorino dashes and shoots - Another Save (possibly a Sankakugeri) - Cruyfford scored on rebound
    Rebound goal is still a rebound goal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner romellos's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi to everyone,

İ would like to discuss about Misaki's new shoot; S.S.S. (Speed Slider Shoot) ; it goes and manuevers like Boomerang Shot which Misaki invented during the events of World Youth. İs this S.S.S. a new shoot or the original Boomerang Shot itself. My confusion comes from one of Captain Tsubasa's game; ps1 game - Captain Tsubasa: Aratanaru Densetsu Joshou. Because in this game there is a shoot named S.S.S (Speedy Sliding Shot); which can be performed by Larsson (Sweden) and Toshiya Okano (Japan) but it manuevers differently from Misaki's S.S.S. , if anyone has a logical explanation about it, i will be glad to read it...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Misaki's boomerang shoot is a shot with a big curve.

Misaki's S.S.S. or Speed Slide Shoot or Speed Slider Shoot, is also a curving shot, but, as the full name, the description and the events of the first time he uses it implies (read Road 61), the curve is faster (Speed, it leaves an after image) and more sudden (Slide, like the Slider Shoot, Hayato is surprised by the change of course).

The S.S.S., or Speedy Sliding Shoot, as the full name implies, is a different shot, done by sliding at high speed. Read World Youth chapter 58.
    Last edited by Shinji; August 11, 2009 at 12:05 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner romellos's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Crying Re: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd&4th part) Discussions and Predictions

Misaki's S.S.S. or Speed Slide Shoot or Speed Slider Shoot, is also a curving shot, but, as the full name, the description and the events of the first time he uses it implies (read Road 61), the curve is faster (Speed, it leaves an after image) and more sudden (Slide, like the Slider Shoot, Hayato is surprised by the change of course).

The S.S.S., or Speedy Sliding Shoot, as the full name implies, is a different shot, done by sliding at high speed. Read World Youth chapter 58.
    Thanks, you are right...first; the name of S.S.S. makes cause some confusion...and second; Misaki's new curving shoot S.S.S. looks like boomerang shoot in the first sight, but with your information, now i can see the difference; its all in the CURVE...
    Last edited by romellos; August 11, 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter.

Schneider must be really fast so that he can score from that distance after Wakabayashi deflected the shot and he's not off side (considering what we can only see, Natu + Santana still at the shooting position, Schneider nearby to Wakabayashi and the J-defender standing there).

And Ishizaki had to do something like this, I suppose :x

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Offside is only when receiving a pass from a partner who's behind. So Schneider could have been here all along.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Not entirely true Shinji. If a player is in offside position when a teammate shoots, any rebound that goes to that player is considered offside. That also includes a deflected pass by an opposing defender.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? My bad then.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    Offside is only when receiving a pass from a partner who's behind. So Schneider could have been here all along.
    Watch last game Inter vs Lazio. When Eto don't touch the ball but has been in offside position.
    ------------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISY6Sbdmid4&translated=1
    2:15
    Last edited by Pinkosyu; August 11, 2009 at 02:56 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a plot hole (Or Schneider os too goddamn fast LOL)

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd to 5th part) Discussions and Predictions

Not really, since we can't see everyone's positions.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel a bit sad that this one-shot is over, as it was really awesome to read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not much to say about the last part, as nothing unexpected happened - Ishizaki redeemed himself, Misaki showed some brilliant technique and Tsubasa scored the equalizing goal. I hope every future match will be as entertaining to read and I have to deeply thank Shinji for providing us with this amazing piece of work

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually surprised by what Misaki managed to do. I was expecting some fancy passwork from him, but this! The Barcelona Roulette was already awesome, but the Double Roulette was out of this world.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast