Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd to 5th part-Germany Dream-Goal 1) Discussions and Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd to 5th part-Germany Dream-Goal 1) Discussions and Predictions

Wow! I'm loving this 25th anniversary special! The action here is on a whole different level. In fact, this 3rd part was so good, I'll cover it piece by piece:

Nitta gets a place in the spotlight
    Absolutely LOVED it! Was kind of surprised Wakabayashi and Hyuga got all the glory and I felt Nitta was being left behind, but then he got half a page to himself. I feel assists are becoming his thing, but I really want to see him score soon. It's not gonna be in this game though.

Something which surprised me a bit, was the height comparison in the panel with Tsubasa. When did he become that much taller? Nitta is barely up to his shoulder. At least seeing this and Nitta's choice in play-style improvement, I know agility is his way forward. With such a difference in builds, the power he once had is a thing of the past.

Aoi's one-man show
    The midfield dynamo relentless pressing isn't something new, although it was nice to see this play getting a name of it's own. But then, if the Chokamaka Defense wasn't impressive enough, how about him taking the ball from Levin?! I felt the same way as when Hyuga score seemingly easily against Muller - that's very over the top. Japan powered up? They've leveled up! Several times

The world challenges Tsubasa
    A spectacle of the world's best wanting a one-on-one with Tsubasa. Would've preferred him choosing to fight at least one of them, but the Tornado Pass was a fine way of him escaping this situation. If he had passed all of them, it would've been way too unrealistic, even after what was shown this far in the game.

Muller's save
    To say it makes up for the goal he took would be an overstatement, but him not flinching against Hyuga and the picture of the gorilla holding the tiger were very impressive. One more save from him and I'll be happy, although given the end of the half has almost come, I don't think we'll see it. I think Gino will come in after half-time.

Van Saal commenting on the World XI's weakness
    Finally, something to at least make Japan look less godlike. Without time to adjust teamwork, a team can lose more than half it's power and I'm glad it was explicitly mentioned. It was an obvious reason for the World XI not raping Japan's team, but seeing it said was something I had hoped for.

The Brazil trio
    I can already see the half-time result: 1-1! If those 3 don't score, then Wakabayashi will look beyond godlike. The question is, which one will be the scorer? Naturezza and Santana already scored against Genzo in the WY final, so I'm guessing Rivaul will be the scorer after a double save by Wakabayashi.

Bring on part 3!!!!!
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd part) Discussions and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    Something which surprised me a bit, was the height comparison in the panel with Tsubasa. When did he become that much taller?
    Actually, although Takahashi tends to exagerate proportions, Nitta was always small to begin with. Around the size of most youngsters: Sano, Sawada and Aoi.

But then, if the Chokamaka Defense wasn't impressive enough, how about him taking the ball from Levin?! I felt the same way as when Hyuga score seemingly easily against Muller - that's very over the top. Japan powered up?
    As I've said in the previous thread, they seem at their full potential. Like, usually, Tsubasa is always a few levels above, then Wakabayashi, Hyuga, Misaki and so on... Here everyone is at the same level.

To say it makes up for the goal he took would be an overstatement
    I'd say it, though >_>

and the picture of the gorilla holding the tiger were very impressive.
    Love that picture. I wonder if everyone read the not I made about the King Kong thingy >_>

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Read it, but it didn't matter much to me. Straight after I saw the pic at the end of the chapter, I came back to the opening pages

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post

As I've said in the previous thread, they seem at their full potential. Like, usually, Tsubasa is always a few levels above, then Wakabayashi, Hyuga, Misaki and so on... Here everyone is at the same level.
    I think, in the canonical CT world, after going to Germany, Wakabayashi has been on the same level as (if not actually higher than) Tsubasa. The proof is how the world best strikers (Tsubasa included) almost always need special circumstances to score against him.
    Last edited by angel1980; August 10, 2009 at 03:42 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    If those 3 don't score, then Wakabayashi will look beyond godlike. The question is, which one will be the scorer?
    If you put it that way, there had only been a few who had scored in crucial moments against SGGK, so you can bet someone will score. Hopefully we'll see Rivaul do something in this match.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member majed2000's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd part) Discussions and Predictions

thanx alot SHINGI for that early release ,i thougth u r going to release it tomorrow.

i liked all these one shots they r all great .
    i am also happy to see tsubasa doing somthing new ,although it was clear that he will pass to misaki ,he could pass to any one else who can pass to misaki.

i only will predict one thing ,genzo won't let Natureza to score ,because of what he did to him n WY ,but it is rivaul's turn right now.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hey guys
    its my first post here in C.T forum
    I know Genzo is a member of Japan National team
    But isnt he a bit overpowerd in Goalkeeping?
    I dont think muller was that worser than him but genzo took no goal and muller just let the first one in?
    And hyuuga shoot wasnt faster then the otheres.
    Well some times its just boring how overpowerd genzo is shown

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

This is all scripted (just like those wrestling matches you see on Satellite TV).

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    This is all scripted (just like those wrestling matches you see on Satellite TV).
    Not exactly true - every wrestler loses once in a while ... Japan don't

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Muller only took one goal, and there's no telling Wakabayashi could have prevented it... After all, Muller's save in the 3rd part was more impressive than Wakabayashi's.

There's no telling that Hyuga's shoot isn't faster than the others either. Not to mention the play leading to that goal.

Wakabayashi is indeed good, but I would consider it far from boring, because it's thanks to the keepers good abilities that the players do more and more impressive plays to score against them.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week (25Th anniversary 3rd&4th part) Discussions and Predictions

A lot to comment on part 4 as well. But first I'd like to start with:
    THIS ONE-SHOT IS AWESOOOOOOOOOOME
    TAKAHASHI IS AWESOOOOOOOME
    SHINJI IS AWESOOOOOOOOOME

Now that that's out of the way, here's my part-by-part comments for chapter 4:
    Breaking down Japan
    From Rivaul's marvelous improvised pass, through the Santana-Natureza Twin Shoot and Schneider ultimately scoring, this was a brilliant piece of offensive work. I also tend to be particularly happy when Wakabayashi concedes, so I'm very very pleased with the end of the half.

Half-time Subs
    Page 13, bottom panel ... utterly hilarious Natureza made my day right there And Santana holding him back while amused himself was making the picture even funnier.

Onto the more serious stuff, I find it a bit strange that the World XI can't score against Wakashimazu. Even powered up, he shouldn't really be able to stop ALL of Napoleon, Victorino, Hino and Cruyfford's offense. On the other end, I'm also a bit surprised Gino could handle everything, but with the game as it is now, he WILL concede at least one, while I don't think Wakashimazu will be scored against again. I'm also a bit disappointed that more wasn't shown from the World XI's plays in the second half. A little more details to Cruyfford and Napoleon's plays would've been very welcome, as we haven't seen much of them.

Japan conceding
    This is what kind of spoiled the whole chapter for me. Why did Ishizaki have to score an own goal, with so many great players who could've been the ones in the spotlight? And with this goal coming when it did, I think it's pretty obvious that now Japan will score at least once and it's quite likely Ishizaki will be involved in the attack. Had Japan been the ones to take the lead at this point, it would've been interesting to see if the World XI could get back to the game.

Where are the protagonists?
    Yes, I realize Tsuabsa, Misaki and Hyuga weren't shown in the second half so far, because they'll be the ones to score next (Tsubasa in particular, since Hyuga claimed the first goal), but it's very odd to see everyone else involved plus Japan being scored against, without any hint of the trio mentioned.

If I remember correctly, Shiji stated there were five chapters to this one-shot, correct? Well then, I'm looking forward to the conclusion Keeping fingers crossed Golden 23 is as entertaining as this one-shot was!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Onto the more serious stuff, I find it a bit strange that the World XI can't score against Wakashimazu. Even powered up, he shouldn't really be able to stop ALL of Napoleon, Victorino, Hino and Cruyfford's offense
    I think you're underestimating him a bit. Even without being powered up, the Canon shoot wasn't efficient against him, except for injuring him further. He already stopped a Tornado Shoot, so he shouldn't have any problems stopping them if he's powered up. Victorino doesn't have any special shoots, just like Cruyfford, and since the all-stars couldn't practice team play, they shouldn't be as fearsome as they were in their national teams...

On the other end, I'm also a bit surprised Gino could handle everything
    The World Youth arc clearly wasn't in his favor, there were too much cirumstances against him, but he's a great keeper, he has to show it once in a while.

Why did Ishizaki have to score an own goal, with so many great players who could've been the ones in the spotlight?
    I actually prefer it that way, it's better if it's Ishizaki's fault rather than Wakashimazu. This way readers won't say things like "they shouldn't have replaced Wakabayashi with Wakashimazu, he wouldn't have taken goals from them" or things like that.

Tsubasa, Misaki and Hyuga weren't shown in the second half so far
    Actually, Misaki did his Speed Slide(r) Shoot.
    It's true Tsubasa could have kicked his Flying Drive Shoot, but since Misugi tried, there's no real use...
    As for Hyuga, he's probably out since so many other players went in.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Haruhi Suzumiya's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gino is the first keeper who have managed to stop the Skylab Twin Shoot .

I'm a little disappointed by the summary part,I want to know what kind of player is Radunga (Defender?midfielder?) .

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

He already stopped a Tornado Shoot, so he shouldn't have any problems stopping them if he's powered up.
    *Reads through World Youth to recall the exact numbers*

Right, Wakashimazu stopped the Tornado once out of 3 tries, so why should he be able to stop it every time? Moreover, he didn't even react to the first goal, while he only stopped the last because it was close enough for him to block the shot before the ball went flying.

Victorino doesn't have any special shoots, just like Cruyfford
    Victorino's speed alone secured two goals against Japan with Wakashimazu in goal and no special volleys or headers. As for Cruyfford, he's at least on Levin's level in terms of overall abilities and even broke one of Wakabayashi's hands in the past. He definitely has what it takes to score against the normal and even powered up version of Wakashimazu.

and since the all-stars couldn't practice team play, they shouldn't be as fearsome as they were in their national teams...
    In their match with Japan, Victorino primarily played with Hino and since both are on the pitch, I don't see why their efficiency should drop.

The World Youth arc clearly wasn't in his favor, there were too much cirumstances against him, but he's a great keeper, he has to show it once in a while.
    This part I agree with and I like it. After all, Gino is my favorite CT keeper and I hated how both times he could've been in the spotlight, he was injured. At least he showed his stuff in the first Italy - Japan match. Glad to see he hasn't lost his touch, although with one-shots not considered cannon material, I'm still waiting to see him shine in later releases.

I actually prefer it that way, it's better if it's Ishizaki's fault rather than Wakashimazu. This way readers won't say things like "they shouldn't have replaced Wakabayashi with Wakashimazu, he wouldn't have taken goals from them" or things like that.
    Was it so hard to make it look like a goal Wakabayashi couldn't have stopped himself? A double-save on a Tornado Shoot by Hino and then an attempted volley on the rebound by Victorino with Cruyfford jumping in at that point to score would've been a lot grater ... for me at least.

As for Hyuga, he's probably out since so many other players went in.
    Who did? Appart from Ishizaki, I didn't see anyone else from Japan's reserves in play. And leaving everyone from the first team in play while subbing out Hyuga ... where's the logic in that ?!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hyuga out? O.o

They should've gout Akai in, not Ishizaki..or at least Urabi!

but of course, we weren't expecting that own goal at all, so yes Takahashi surprised us after a long time lol

I was hoping to see Pierre's play =( Maybe a twin shot with Napoleon could've refreshed our video game memories like Natu-Santana (Coimbra-Carlous) did.
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast