Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Buccha Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buccha's Road

variety other than the original eight roads? it has that. it has that in the same balance that all the big teams does. we're merely requesting that the manga stick to it's status quo. I'd like Buccha to have an original road, but he shows absolutely no affinity to the wind whatsoever. Either way, him being on an original road wouldn't upset any balance at all. And I think we need him to be at his fullest sooner rather than later.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about the rumble road the other day, and a thought struck me:How many Over road Moves can you do without the Regalia?
    I was looking at all the Over-road moves I've seen, and none of them would work without the regalia. In which case, of course Buccha can't have mastered any other moves since he doesn't have regalia

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

you don't specificaly need regalias, just specific parts that would work like that...

i mean, it's the same for the bloody/sonia/gaia/jade/rising roads, without specific parts, no infinity atmosphere...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

tis true that we have yet to see the over road tricks being used without regalia since we've seen non-regalia riders using tricks from the other respective roads.

ikki - in his match against rez-a-boa, he actually pulled off using the wing road (with the help of the train's power)
    agito - used a fang in the behemoth match
    kazu - used flame trick when saving om during the animal house match
    rika - was using the sonia road techniques to keep up with everyone in the sora & ikki vs. noyamano girls
    aeon - used a jade/gaia road trick (the paralyzing vibration thingy) to negate nike's in the match against the sora bros
    kururu - ...the regalia is only used in mass tunings, but kururu pretty much basks in the ring road (world of sound)

the only ones that seem to require the regalia is the rising road and over road.

but, thinking about it in another way, the essence of the over road/rumble regalia is the windmill theory, or in simpler terms: using external sources to create energy for something else. we can also say that its basically a counter-type.

perhaps the reason yoshi had acquired the rumble regalia is because he also followed this method, of taking advantage of what's given to you. most of yoshi's fight against gawain, he effortlessly improvised manuevers and attacks, though keep in mind that he hardly initiated any series of attacks. the only time during that whole ordeal in which he himself started an attack was at the very end which benkei cut off her leg for. dontores was a rapper (i think... at least he was some kind of underground singer), and he 'fed off his audience' in his performances. this last bit was kinda lame so ignore it if you want, but in a different respect follows what i said earlier.

if this is in any degree true, then what buccha needs to do is use his head more and stop making the first move so rashly or directly.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

agito's ATs are made to ride on the bloody road, they should probably be built in the same way as the regalia, except the regalia have better parts:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/69/10-11/

same with the sonia road, while it's possible to perform tricks, without the whips at the end of the ATs, no thorns...

aeon's trick was a flame road trick though, it had the same effect as the jade road's one, but it's still a flame road trick...like ikki's and nike's air wall is a wing road trick, even though it's pretty much the same trick as the over road's one(thinking about it, with the wing road, it should also be possible to replicate the fang and gabishi's AT cannon as well...)

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

But if the air road can do over-road techniques, flame road techniques, bloody/horn road techniques, ect, surely it's pointless being a king of anything else other than air?
    So, if Loki can do flame road tricks, why bother riding the flame road at all?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

its more of specialization... not everyone can be a jack-of-all-trades.

aeon wasn't really doing a flame trick to negate nike's, he was in fact mimicking the method; kicking the ground in swift and small succession to counter the vibrations that nike was sending. its the reason why aeon's legs started to bleed, because it was very stressing for his body to do. his time trick is another matter all together...
    in the inorganic net match, was there ever any whip on rika's regalia? it might be possible that rika's regalia design didn't actually require it as her own legs would be the whip... but we can't tell for sure

but back onto topic, if i was to make any comparisons as to who and what buccha as a rider is most like in fighting style... i'd say jiggy. buccha's another grappler-style fighter, or at least he's the more direct type fighter who would use himself and not his a-ts to fight.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

the wing road as already been shown to be able to mimic the air wall of the over road, both nike and ikki did it...and if i's possible for the wing road to manipulate air pressure(like in the case of the air wall), then it should be also possible to do a trick similar to the fang/horn

as for the thorn regalia, i've read it in the extra with volume 16(or 17, i don't remember) where there is the explanation of a few sonia road tricks as well as how the regalia works...it might be that rika could do it without the need for the whips(perhaps her regalia had another system built in them for it) but it's unlikely...even so, did rika actually even use the thorn in the inorganic net battle?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by king_crimson- View Post
    the wing road as already been shown to be able to mimic the air wall of the over road, both nike and ikki did it...and if i's possible for the wing road to manipulate air pressure(like in the case of the air wall), then it should be also possible to do a trick similar to the fang/horn
    The air wall isn't an Over-road move, it's just kicking some air into a place where air can't go; in the same way that if you pump air into a bottle, it'll eventually explode. Here, the air is at breaking point: any more will explode it, but at the moment there is enough pressure to stop movement. Seems to me that that is a pretty wind-based move...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tygulopk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When I first saw Buccha, I didn't think that he was even suited for jumping, let alone AT. Even though he only has 10% body fat, muscles are heavier than fat, and it must be hard to keep his body in the air for long periods of time. So I like the idea of having him use a 'rock road', which would be based on tanking an opponent.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sesshiru's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when laymen try to use physics if Butcha has more muscle then he has more strength to apply hence he can jump higher (when compared to someone of equivalent mass). While his increased mass will cause him to loose air time his larger size will cause him to stay in the air longer due to the drag forces exerted on his body as he falls downwards. It becomes very difficult to say which one will out way other, the increased downward force from his mass or the increased drag force from his size but it is likely that they will be very similar. So basically we can say that he can get about the same air time as any other "normal person"

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

if not more; the extreme muscles he has will enable him a far superior starting jump, which is beyond that capable of Ikki or people.Then again, if people can ride the backs of airplanes without falling off, who knows what O!G will do next physics-wise?

Probably have Kazu hovering an inch off the ground while running to escape Nike...

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    The air wall isn't an Over-road move, it's just kicking some air into a place where air can't go;
    i didn't say it's an over road trick, for starters, the tricks are executed in a completely different manner. I said the trick is pretty much the same(a "standing", still wall of highly pressurized air)

and that by that it should also be possible for the wing road to perform a similar trick to the fang/horn(as in, shoot a stream of highly compressed air towards the target)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killerb33's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

hey guys I was a way for a week but I can see that there are some new idea's

this is going to be a bit off topic. when I was thinking about buccha I started thinking about regalia and when I started thinking about the regalia I started thinking about the sky regalia and when I started thinking about the sky regalia I started to think that the sky regalia was made in the tower but when the gravity children toke over the tower it got closed down but ringo, mikan, ume and sleipnir were all made/born in different towers. that means that there are more towers but then the other towers would have been working on a similar AT (not a copy but based on it)thats as strong as the sky regalia that means each tower would have one. so one tower has a flame regalia an other has fang an other has rumble and so on.

don't take this to far this is just one of my crazy idea's

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

well, technically the sky regalia is a "owns all technology controller (of a-t related technology i think)". its not really a a-t at all, just a program/computer.

though the other tower idea is highly likely (i think there are some others, at least 1), what they make could also be the a-t mechs like the ones percival used in osaka against trident.

New Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast