Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Buccha Thread

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Buccha's Road

Haha, if he is like a tank then souldn't his orginal road be "Off-road" If he indeeds goes with a unique way, I root for that name

Hnn, seriously speaking, no idea. Rumble I thought but for now doesn't seem so. Maybe gem? Nah, he needs his own developement arc. Lately he has been there to fill numbers. I'd like really to see more Buccha.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member skitzophr3ak's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see all of the Koga members besides Ikki get a little more development. Especially Buccha and Onigiri, I mean damn Onigiri fought on level against King-class opponents when he was serious. I was pretty ticked when he lost his one on one in the battle against Sleipnir

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killerb33's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killerb33 View Post
    I have been thinking about it for a long time but I think buccha's road is the gaia/jade road with some over road now I just need a name what do you think of the muscle king of the ultra-mega-power-killer-grapple road
    really this road would be perfect for Buccha.

There was a chapter where kilik asked ringo what she thought of the NEW thorn Regalia which he had made for her that means that the gravity children are able to make new regalia.
    Now here is my theory .WHEN sf will lose(that will definitily happen) they will do ANYTHING to stop sora so they will help koga by useing the design-prints of the original rumble regalia and improve those and costumize them to buccha's abilities(the dg27 will come from the tower cuz I think they have a lot there) . Take all that and buccha becomes rumble king and if you don't like that make your own theory.

My next theory will be about which road onigiri will take and how he will get a regalia.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's genius, And Buccha being on the rumble road means he can counter any air-based moves (fangs, I have a feeling Gabashi isn't going to survive, so horns) and will allow him to be strong at fighting where he can; on the ground.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see more development from buccha, onigiri and adachi (hope she could be at least like mikan) . Kazu and ikki's developments was incredible which made the rest of the team seems to be ignored and i'm not happy with that. We saw how riders of other teams such as behemoth, sf, genesis, They all have king class riders and none of them are to be taken lightly. In the recent chapters, the fact that Kilic made ikki and buccha have to do a 2 on 1 battle against slepnir made me feel a bit uneasy.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I finally found the chapter I was talking about.
    http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/206/006/
    http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/206/007/
    the design of the first rumble regalia is in that giant computer they can improve and costumize it to buccha's abilities. Just like kilik did for ringo and her thorn regalia.

To make it a regalia and not a sub-regalia they will need DG27 and they have to steal that from sora or search the tower for it(which will probably be there first choice).

And I almost forgot buccha's battle lvl is 68 and I think a king's battle lvl should be at least around 80. So buccha should train before he can use the rumble regalia.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

kiric making the thorn regalia designs is not as hard given that he is pretty much making it a custom version of an already established (as well as him seeing it and its capabilities) regalia. kiric would be hard pressed to do something like kururu tried to do in making a completely original one, and then there was also the issue of the dg27 (if he's using it at all, which could be the fundamental difference of the true regalia and sub regalias)

as for buccha's road, buccha himself had claimed to be a rider based on physical power (even in this last chapter of 253). maybe its possible for buccha to get a regalia of his own in the future but it won't be one of the original 8 or its sub-versions because his road is not in any way reliant on wind/air like the original 8 are.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I never said buccha has to become the rumble king and if he makes his own road he could use the (improved and costumized) rumble regalia and give it a new name cuz it is different then the original one. Just like the storm regalia is based on the wind regalia buccha's one can be based on the rumble regalia.

like ikki he could make a road half rumble and half something else and somebody posted that his king name had something to do with hercules so I assume he is starting to make his own road.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

well that's just it, the point in having one of the original 8 regalia or some kind of customized version of them is pointless for buccha because he doesn't use or rely on wind/air. what's the point in having something with a function you don't use or need? its like getting a cell phone with the qwerty keyboard for those who like to text, but not actually sending texts with it.

what i'm pointing out is simply that buccha's road and regalia, if he should ever get one, would not be one that based off the original 8 or any of its sub-variants. he simply doesn't use wind/air in any of his techniques. ikki's storm regalia that kururu was trying to make wasn't really gonna be a knock-off of bagram, she was making an entirely new and unique regalia that would suit ikki who had pretty much grew from the wing road. of course now she is modifying her design to build around the rumble regalia.

also, that 'rock's herculean strength king' isn't really much of a 'king' that we normally associate in the a-t world either. his a-t team before joining koga was 'night kings'... but not a single rider including himself were kings. the king title he gave himself was more of a "i'm the best in this" kind of king
    Last edited by suarhnir; August 26, 2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: adding more

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

it's true that he doesn't rely on wind/air but he can use them for defensive reasons like when he gets attacked by somebody who does rely on wind/air.

the way I see it buccha is almost most the same as dontores he used his speakers to make a defensive barrier and he could push that wall towards his opponent as an attack but that was his only use for the regalia the rest of the battle he used his just muscles to defeat his enemies just like buccha and it's not like buccha doesn't use wind/air at all he uses his headphones for things O!G will find some purpose cuz in buccha's last a-t team those where important for som reason.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with KillerB. Buccha doesn't use air/wind, but then again neither does the rumble regalia. The whole point of the rumble regalia is sacrificing the ability to fly, and willingly trapping yourself on the ground. Granted, Yoshi's could do both, but anyone who can ride cans like AT's can find some way around it...

Buccha doesn't jump, he wall-rides. As such, what impact would limiting air flows have on him? It wouldn't stop him wall-riding, but COULD stop most of the opponents they're likely to face (as well as giving him some power over Ikki, which he seems to desire greatly.) The Rumble Regalia will keep his opponents on the ground, where his strength can win matches for him. I personally think the Over Road suits Buccha perfectly, and it eliminates his biggest weakness (poor jumping/flying skills) while forcing opponents to fight him on his natural talents (strength).

Of course, he still will get beaten in a fight from time to time, as 'Weaknesses are well protected, strengths are taken for granted'. He'll be expecting to win any strength matches, so won't focus on it as much.

My 2 cents, at least

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    The whole point of the rumble regalia is sacrificing the ability to fly, and willingly trapping yourself on the ground
    what? where was that ever said? aren't you confusing it with the fang?

and dontores does use air to attack, in fact the rumble regalia's power is to absorb air, compress it and then release it

and buccha doesn't have any trick related to that...at least not yet...

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by king_crimson- View Post
    and dontores does use air to attack, in fact the rumble regalia's power is to absorb air, compress it and then release it
    creating a invisble barrier and his attack is schooting that barrier towards his opponent. he doesn't have more at least O!G didn't show any.

Quote Originally Posted by king_crimson- View Post
    and buccha doesn't have any trick related to that...at least not yet...
    it was the same with kazu but now he knows a bunch of flame road techniques.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

yes, the rumble regalia uses wind/air by taking it in. dontores had his on his hands because it was easier for him to use it with his arms to catch and attack. buccha's headphones are simply a music thing. he uses the beat and rhythm of his music in order to time his tricks.

it was the fang regalia that is most limited in 'flying' due to the way the fang functions with acceleration and braking (as well as gradual leg muscle deterioration if he doesn't rest enough between extensive fang uses, probably why we see agito napping/resting whenever he's not actually fighting)

it would be easy for buccha given the similarities to dontores to 'learn' the over road and probably do it in a similar fashion as dontores with having arm mounted regalia (since buccha probably can't kick worth crap like yoshi can to use the regalia). however, he seems to lack the motivation to pursue the over road and is sticking to his strong points which is his overwhelming physical strength.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killerb33 View Post
    it was the same with kazu but now he knows a bunch of flame road techniques.
    kazu was always a speed rider though, and speed riders are usually associated with the flame road

while on the other hand we're only making buccha to be an over road rider just because dontores was also a big guy, and presumably very strong physically...except, they're way different in their tricks...

and yoshitsune was by no means a power-type...

New Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast