Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gag Manga Thread

Fruits Punch Samurai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted BBB Banana's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

The Gag Manga Thread

well people i've been diging in MH and noticed there isn't a treahd like this one and if there is and i missed it I'm really sorry mods.

I've searched the net about this funniest manga thing and saw in many sites like mangafox that people think Naruto and Bleach are funny, but maybe those people have never read a good gag manga.

I mean Naruto had 4 moments i thougth was funy in whole part 1 those were:
    1 Naruto's harem no jutsu against ebisu.
    2 Kakashi's secret techinique sennen goroshi.
    3.Gai and lee's moment of "youth passion" after lee figthing sasuke.
    4 And when Gai gives naruto a green swit.

In part two probably only one funny moment and that was konohamaru's new sexy no jutsu.
    That's only my opnion.

Bleach never made me laugh.

There are toons of funny mangas like one piece, katekyo hitman reborn and others but I think they will never deserve this legendary spot as funniest manga.
    And why? Because they would never be able to keep going just in a comedy basis (I think I wasn't clear)

People at mangafox are mostly shojo apreciators and i've got to admit sometimes shojo mangas are prety fun. for exemple Ouran High school Host club, Yankee-kun to megane-chan, Skip beat and others.

I'm not a seinen reader but I believe there are really fun seinen manga.

With shonen we have mangas like belzebub, bobobo bo-bo bobo, Gintama, Sket dance.

Well we have in my opinion wath we should call special cases, those are the echi manga but those aren't really fun, I like some echi but personaly never tougth they were fun. They're must about fanservice and some indecisive guy with lack of atitude surounded by girls who eventualy will fall in love with him.

Lots of people say Love Hina is fun well it is but is not thath much is just repetitive and boring sometimes for exemple the main character keitaro is allways being puched by Naru because he does pervert things.

Just like To Love-ru Lala allways has a malfunctioning gadget that makes everyone small or big or wathever and untill things are solved there are allways lots of panty shoots and stuff.

Rosario + Vampire is the same there's allways some bad monster and the guy (forgot his name) takes of the girl's rosario and she solves everything.

You get wath i'm saying this mangas are prety repetitive and not all that fun.

So to finish this long post I'll give my opnion.

My coice for the funniest manga choice is "GINTAMA" (kind of obvious my sig and avatar are from gintama)

This manga earned by the japanese readers the funniest manga award and is also my choice if you don't read it you should cause it's funny, it's ramdom, it's fresh, it really makes you lol.
    Unfortunately this manga is really underated outside japan so let's spread the gintama love.

Maybe we can add a poll later.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wath is TRULY the funniest manga?

I haven't really read that many gag type manga because I don't usually enjoy them. But the few I do like I think are hilarious.

Beelzebub is really funny. Though it seems like it will take a U-turn away from comedy eventually.

One I really like to read to get a good laugh recently is Saint Young Men. Very funny

So that's the only two I guess I could say are the funniest of all time though I'm sure there are funnier out there. I just haven't read them

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member SoulReaporKoul's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Gintama is both the best COMEDY and the best ACTION Manga and Anime of ALL TIME!!!!!!

Just think, it is the show that combines a story arc incorporating a "tournament" between the STRONGEST sword style and Shinpachi and his friends. It has amazing moments of action along with an entire EPISODE (and maybe 2 or 3 manga chapters) that all take place in a bathroom that has run out of toilet paper.

NOW THAT IS COMEDY!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: Suicidal teacher, his misfit students, epic funny.

I'll Give it My All Tomorrow: 40 year old slacker rejects common sense, quits his job, attempts to become a mangaka, torments his family.

Super Cruel and Terrible Tales of Mangaka: Bakuman gets cynical! The life and times of mangaka from the point of view of a terrible human being.

St. Young Men: Jesus and Buddha take a vacation from heaven, rent a Tokyo apartment for a year, ride roller coasters.

Mangaka - san to Assistant - san to: The adventures of an ecchi mangaka, his panty shot fetish, and the assistant who barely puts up with his shenanigans.

Detroit Metal City: Epic rock parody, enough to make Spinal Tap jealous. Negichi wanted nice, cuddly indie pop, got death metal instead.

Minami - ke: The life, times, and tribulations of the Minami sisters.

Pani Poni: Words fail to describe the most twisted school life manga ever.
    Last edited by Kaiten; August 15, 2009 at 12:26 AM.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is TRULY the funniest manga?

well,there are more funny moments in Naruto!Dynamic Entry and Dynamic Exit(by raikage) were just epic and other funny stuff^^

but the funniest manga i have ever read is definitly bobobobobobobo(sp?)
    it just contains what i think is very funny
    i laugh in nearly every panel!!!!
    seriously,it's the best gag manga i've ever read!!!

ecchi manga have funny moments too,but not as much as most shonen...

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaporKoul View Post
    Gintama is both the best COMEDY and the best ACTION Manga and Anime of ALL TIME!!!!!!

Just think, it is the show that combines a story arc incorporating a "tournament" between the STRONGEST sword style and Shinpachi and his friends. It has amazing moments of action along with an entire EPISODE (and maybe 2 or 3 manga chapters) that all take place in a bathroom that has run out of toilet paper.

NOW THAT IS COMEDY!
    I simply loved the bathroom part all the mind games and stuf.
    Sorachi is truly a genious I also fell in love with this recent character popularity poll arc XD.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member krid77's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Excel saga >> 100% nonsense, each episode is a parody of an anime genre (ex. last episode is a mix of hentai and gore). Excel is one of the craziest characters existing

GTO >> I laughed so hard...

Kimengumi >> it's an oldie but still one of the most hilarious manga

Dr Slump >> first success of Toriyama, childish humour but absolutely fantastic

Fullmetal Alchemist >> it's a shounen action manga but it has plenty of humour

Slam Dunk, City Hunter, are classics and have great moments

Moe animes such as K-On!, Lucky star are pretty funny

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

No oen has mentioned Yotsuba& yet? It's so funny in a pure, innocent way. It is accesible to anyone, really anyone. Atleast I can't find any aspect of it which would offend anybody. Well, maybe apart some religious fanatics who find the japanese traditions featured heretic... But there hardly are any of those who would read manga anyway.

As said, Saint Young Men is also pure gold. Come on, the two holiest men known share an apartment in modern day Tokyo... It very hilarious, but the problem is that isn't as approachable as Yotsuba& when considering religious attachment and age. Children probaply can't get the humor of it all...

I've also heard lot of GTO, I must read it some day...

Many popular (action) shonen also have their moments, and out of those I have found Air Gear the most funny. Its so outrageously shameless. That's however maybe one of the reasons, that it isn't as popular as the big shonen titles, since parents of young readers might find it inapproriate.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine St. Young Men ever coming to America

Being manga, it could fly under most religious groups radar. Still, Del Ray may be to scared to release it.

Yotsubatu! is a classic. Azumanga Daioh too!

Scanlator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sapphire-pyro's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

those that have been mentioned that I'm familiar with that I also find funny: beelzebub, sayonara zetsubou sensei, saint young men, gto, slamdunk, fma, naruto, gintama, dmc, ouran, lucky star, k-on . . . hope I didn't miss one. (the others I'm not familiar with) . . .I also find bleach funny though.

the others that I find hilarious that aren't mentioned here yet (I think): nodame cantabile, honey & clover, hajimete no aku, golden boy, and hhhmm . . . can't recall the others at the moment.

my number one obsession is the one making me laugh the most right now: Axis Powers Hetalia (there are 2 manga volumes but most of the stuff are in webmanga form). It's freakin' funny that right at this moment I'm listening to one of its character's image song singing in heavy metal but he was mentioning about a little bird and maple syrup. bwahahaha xD

It's actually pretty easy to humor me so even if the humor is not the main genre of the manga, and even if they're subtle, I can laugh at the little jokes of many other manga~ Hehe.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Slam dunk, crayon chinchan, doraemon, mojacko, xxxholic, Card captor sakura... oh no, there goes my childhood...

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

also yakitate!! japan is hilarious

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about it being the funniest, but Sket Dance is very funny!

Two funny scenes which come to mind is the "And what's with that face!? You look like some old Scandinavian hag!" panel, and the chapter were the Sket Dan play an old NES-ripoff console which can only play one game which begins as a Super Mario Bros. knock-off with 8-bit graphics but which eventually features Dragon Quest gameplay, dating-sim features and then next-gen CG graphics and gameplay!

Old Scandinavian Hag:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Sket_Dance/80/05/

Videogame chapter:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Sket_Dance/91/01/

There's also the "banner" chapter. That one made me lol quite a few times. This is the chapter:
    http://www.onemanga.com/Sket_Dance/92/01/
    Last edited by Crude; August 20, 2009 at 08:37 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Polemidis's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

how come no one mentioned Angel Densetu? School Rumble, Onidere and ofc Sexy Commando Gaiden are pretty damn funny also.

anyway I dont really believe in titles like "the funniest" or "the best" manga, each person has his own preferences.... but I guess you could say that would be Gintama.
    Last edited by Polemidis; August 22, 2009 at 01:13 PM.
    We shed tears now so that we wont shed blood later..

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

xxxholic, ichigo 100% and skip beat. Honestly.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast