Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Mobile Phone Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Oh...Well, seems like the S4 is the newest/best phone they offer and it isn't terribly expensive. Might opt for the 32GB model instead as well.
    Yeah do that - although I put my 32gb card in the tablet and now use a 16gb one on the cell.
    If you need some more insight on the phones capabilities / specs or wtv, checkout some you tube reviews.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    But I think the battery makers can make do with the space they've been given. Like, look at how ZeroLemon designed their battery... sure it adds more weight and bulk, but it also provides a superior battery life to other batteries because they're using up the space that extended batteries leave empty. Not sure if this makes sense, but google it.
    Well, from what I can tell they simply make bigger batteries which is not quite a solution to the thing I mention but rather a consequence. If the amount of energy a given amount of material can hold is basically fixed then the solution would be to simply have a bigger battery. If batteries improved at the same rate as cell phones we should have by now toe sized batteries which can last for a week (ok, those numbers I made up but I think the point I am making is clear). Given how large cell phone companies move so far I would think is an indication that most people do not want larger and heavier batteries. At least they do not want it enough for them to tolerate a larger heavier phone. And it makes sense, companies nowadays aim to make phones as thin and light as possible and a larger battery is a big no no if those are the goals. So basically the large heavy thick battery market is more of a niche than anything.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought a SIM card reader to try to recover anything I could from my old phone.......won't work

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, from what I can tell they simply make bigger batteries which is not quite a solution to the thing I mention but rather a consequence. If the amount of energy a given amount of material can hold is basically fixed then the solution would be to simply have a bigger battery. If batteries improved at the same rate as cell phones we should have by now toe sized batteries which can last for a week (ok, those numbers I made up but I think the point I am making is clear). Given how large cell phone companies move so far I would think is an indication that most people do not want larger and heavier batteries. At least they do not want it enough for them to tolerate a larger heavier phone. And it makes sense, companies nowadays aim to make phones as thin and light as possible and a larger battery is a big no no if those are the goals. So basically the large heavy thick battery market is more of a niche than anything.
    I would also love a smaller and lighter battery, but I, like many others based on reviews for Zero Lemon, would prefer better battery life. It's much easier to carry bulk than a cord and/or plug, extra battery, or hope that the battery will last long enough.

Plus side, hand/s get used to the bulk and are more easily able to handle future bigger phones.
    Bought a SIM card reader to try to recover anything I could from my old phone.......won't work
    Insert battery, connect to AC, and hope that works even if the battery doesn't?

How the fuck did you know/remember my phone number anyway?
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Insert battery, connect to AC, and hope that works even if the battery doesn't?

How the fuck did you know/remember my phone number anyway?
    I already tried it plugged in, no shit... The SIM card reader I used didn't work at all and is generally very ill-received online. Might try another one I can find online.

I don't know, I think it was in my Google contacts. Same with Tiff's and a few others. You two are the only people that are on my Whatsapp, so you two must be the only ones who use it among the numbers I had? Not sure how it works.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

The S4 is pretty damn slim. I was worried about the formfactor being negated since I bought an Otterbox Defender case, but it isn't that bad at all. The phone is still pretty big, but it isn't unmanageable.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't turn on at all?

Google contacts, huh. Interesting. But sugoi.

S3 and S4 are big as hell, but they're pretty slim and light. Not sure if it's a good tradeoff, but at least it's easy to hold it.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't turn on at all?

Google contacts, huh. Interesting. But sugoi.

S3 and S4 are big as hell, but they're pretty slim and light. Not sure if it's a good tradeoff, but at least it's easy to hold it.
    Nope...returned the piece of crap SIM reader. Might try to find a decent one online. I thought maybe thorn would have a suggestion since he has a phone with like six SIM cards

They're wide, but they aren't big. Do you know Otterbox? There cases are so good, really durable. I was worried it would make it too bulky, but it didn't.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

You got S IV....stfu .

I still have eight sims to my name

What troubles thee O' noob one ?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    You got S IV....stfu .

I still have eight sims to my name

What troubles thee O' noob one ?
    Why do I need to STFU?!

I need to get stuff off of my old phone's SIM, but the reader I bought doesn't work for shit.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope...returned the piece of crap SIM reader. Might try to find a decent one online. I thought maybe thorn would have a suggestion since he has a phone with like six SIM cards

They're wide, but they aren't big. Do you know Otterbox? There cases are so good, really durable. I was worried it would make it too bulky, but it didn't.
    Personally, I think you should just give up and sob and wallow in your failure to retrieve all those lost contacts, but hey, what do I know? I never had that problem. have you talked to the phone service provider or phone manufacturer?

Haven't used Otterbox, but I've heard of 'em. They're said to be tougher than your little bearcold heart.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I think you should just give up and sob and wallow in your failure to retrieve all those lost contacts, but hey, what do I know? I never had that problem. have you talked to the phone service provider or phone manufacturer?

Haven't used Otterbox, but I've heard of 'em. They're said to be tougher than your little bearcold heart.
    No, it's not expensive to try.

Okay...

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

It can be time extensive though, and you don't know if it will even work. But at least I know why you needed contact info again. v.v

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It can be time extensive though, and you don't know if it will even work. But at least I know why you needed contact info again. v.v
    Huh? Yeah, because, like I said, my phone is dead. The card could be corrupted, I don't even know.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do I need to STFU?!
    I can't imagine you using something as sophisticated as S IV...you need something hard and tough

Quote Quote:
    I need to get stuff off of my old phone's SIM, but the reader I bought doesn't work for shit.
    What other handset you were using before S IV? Your major concern is contacts and texts, correct?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I can't imagine you using something as sophisticated as S IV...you need something hard and tough

What other handset you were using before S IV? Your major concern is contacts and texts, correct?
    Sophisticated as an S4? I mean, it's great and all, but it isn't an antique chair

Hard and tough? That's what the Otterbox is for then, I guess

An old Nokia 2600. So old, at least 10 years old. But it did everything I really needed, so I never cared about having a smartphone. No point in upgrading to a newer version of the same rudimentary thing.

Yes, numbers mostly. It had onboard memory, surprisingly, so I'm not sure if texts were kept there or on the SIM. Basically anything I could retrieve from it would be nice.

New Reply
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast