Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The cell phone thread and why

No they don't! Slide phones, maybe but not flip phones

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member himitsu87's Avatar
    Country
    Kuwait
    Post Thanks / Like

The cell phone I have right now is iPhone 4G
    I love using it alot <3
    It made my life a lot easier.

Mangas, and graphic novels translation website.
    TWITTER
    DEVIANTART
    FACEBOOK

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I upgraded to an iPhone4 about 4-5 months ago. Very happy with it. Yes, the flash player is a pain in the backside but I've managed to work with it. Most of the videos I can't watch on a flash media player (while on the iPhone) are usually still available on other m-sites like veoh, dailymotion, etc.

Previously, I had a 3G which I sold for a Bold 9700 which was awesome until the fricking keypad (sensors?) failed.

I must say that the Samsung Galaxy is probably one of the best smartphones ever. I had a choice of that, an iPhone 4 and a HTC smartphone (can't remember the exact model)...I went for the iPhone 4. Have no regrets.

I have Apple App Store and Cydia. What else could I ask for!?

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bugzee View Post
    I upgraded to an iPhone4 about 4-5 months ago. Very happy with it. Yes, the flash player is a pain in the backside but I've managed to work with it. Most of the videos I can't watch on a flash media player (while on the iPhone) are usually still available on other m-sites like veoh, dailymotion, etc.

Previously, I had a 3G which I sold for a Bold 9700 which was awesome until the fricking keypad (sensors?) failed.

I must say that the Samsung Galaxy is probably one of the best smartphones ever. I had a choice of that, an iPhone 4 and a HTC smartphone (can't remember the exact model)...I went for the iPhone 4. Have no regrets.

I have Apple App Store and Cydia. What else could I ask for!?
    The entire Galaxy lineup has offered very good handsets. Samsung Galaxy SII is far better than any other set out there, my father has it. I have had i4 for couple of months. Honestly speaking, Android OS and its Marketplace are far more better and have lot more to offer. App Store and Cydia lacked when I compare the both. I got sick of itunes, Cydia and replaced it. Unfortunately, I can't carry a handset with camera to the office anymore. Otherwise, my pick definitely be Galaxy SII or HTC Evo 3D. Both of these sets have better performance than even iphone 4S (1.2 Ghz in comparison to 1 Ghz on 4S). Evo 3D can take still images and make movie in 3D mode as well.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah..samsung galaxy s2 is like what, the android god phone or something.
    Anyway, I regretted getting this although its very decent. Just though I'll post it:

Its an LG Optimus 2x. Great for games and entertainment but not as great for other things and crash often.
    I expected more where I'm basically paying 40SGD per month and an additional 400 for this.
    Should have gotten an arc, but oh well. It's not that bad anyway.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

@ Thornz - Yea, I realised the major differences upon purchasing the iphone4 lol but tbh I'm still satisfied with it. I may not watch full length movies or superlative graphics for extreme gaming, etc but overall the iphone4 is all I need for my daily uses on the road.

lol @ 3D phone. I don't think I'll be needing a phone that can make/watch [or turn clips] into a full fledge movie in 3D mode. hahaha~ That's a bit overkill for my needs. Obviously, in terms of advantages and features yeah sure that's cool but totally not required for most daily uses lolz. The Evo3D looks real slick but if I had the choice now...I would definitely go for the Galaxy SII.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've gone through several different phone types like a flip, slide and bar, but nothing beats my current one: the iPhone :P Absolutely fell in love with it the moment my sister purchased it for me. Very functional and efficient with all the apps, but most importantly for me is the unlimited text messaging I can do now XD Such a useful phone.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an iPhone 4 but lost it at a gas station. Now I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3. Love it so far. S-voice is pretty bare bones compared to iPhone 4S, but it's still neat.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I almost bought an S3, but chose the HTC Droid DNA instead. The DNA's larger screen and higher resolution is ultimately why I bought it, instead of the S3 or RAZR HD.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Phone Thread

Last 1.5years I've been using this one...

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I almost bought an S3, but chose the HTC Droid DNA instead. The DNA's larger screen and higher resolution is ultimately why I bought it, instead of the S3 or RAZR HD.
    How long does it last for you before you have to attach it to life support again? =/

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    How long does it last for you before you have to attach it to life support again? =/
    I still haven't had a chance to really put it to the test. I haven't really needed more than three hours of continuous use yet. I don't download much, aps and browser really are what use most of my battery.

Razr Maxx HD has much better battery life than my phone. S3 is comparable.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been using a HTC One X since...May 2012 and I absolutely love it. Only 2 things that bug me about it is the battery life, which gets a bit crappy after a few months and the front camera is not up to what I'd expect nowadays; it's too blurred out. Besides that, it has an amazing camera:

Spoiler show

With android; even without rooting it it is greatly customisable; thanks to its apps and hardware. I think it's one of the best phones out currently; I'd only use the S3 if I didn't have this.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

HTC One X!!! Probably the best phone ive used so far. My absolute favorite... Wana get the One X+ though
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymizzo View Post
    HTC One X!!! Probably the best phone ive used so far. My absolute favorite... Wana get the One X+ though
    I actually wasn't aware there was a One + plus, but I've checked it out and it seems besides a slight improvement on battery life, OS and minor things, it's pretty much the same. I've still got a year and a few months until my upgrade and I'm more than happy to wait that long for it, as long as my phone holds on until then.

New Reply
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast