Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Mobile Phone Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Yup, there's not all that much incentive to go BB with that piece of news. Though I'm not that surprised, BB10 hasn't gained all that much traction. Oh nice~ Hope they got it at a good price. I noticed the price had (finally) dropped while overseas.
    I guess the trend nowadays is to have a BB + Android or BB + iPhone. Basically people just use BB because BBM, because they organize things with it and contacting others is easier with BB. But for other fun purpose they stick to Android or iPhone. With BBM coming to those platforms, I'm pretty sure BB users will decrease. Unless they make the BBM application a paid one, which is a completely useless idea. It doesn't end well either way for them, lol.

S3's price was twice this S3 Mini's. Not sure if there is a significant decrease, but I bet it won't be much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    not sure if i want a galaxy s4 or a nokia lumia.for my next phone

right now i have a galaxy note
    Exactly like what Knifeshade said. I'm not sure if changing from Note to S4 will be much different, so to say, other than smaller size and one or two new features. I guess it also depends on what you use your phone for. I was planning to move my Whatsapp to my phone, but since I don't connect to internet often through phone I decided to let it stay on my tablet. Now my phone is just like your standard phone for SMS and music and alarm and photos, not much different from my old Samsung Gio. Thinking economically, my upgrade was useless. Not that I regret it, of course. <3

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I guess it also depends on what you use your phone for. I was planning to move my Whatsapp to my phone, but since I don't connect to internet often through phone I decided to let it stay on my tablet. Now my phone is just like your standard phone for SMS and music and alarm and photos, not much different from my old Samsung Gio. Thinking economically, my upgrade was useless. Not that I regret it, of course. <3
    But you can't stuff a tablet into your jean pocket. D:
    The smartphone wins in that regard already.

Quote Quote:
    Why not S3? Should be cheaper with S4 out, and it's still a great phone.
    Shoosh, Meggie, you're a biased S3 fanboy. ¬_¬
    -

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

how am I a biased S3 fanboy? It is a great phone, and it's cheaper now thanks to S4. Why not get it?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    But you can't stuff a tablet into your jean pocket. D:
    The smartphone wins in that regard already.
    LOL~ Indeed, but since I go everywhere with a bag and I can shove my tablet on that bag... I'm not too worried. And because Whatsapp is not a super important communication application to me. I still mainly use SMS.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meggie
    how am I a biased S3 fanboy?
    Quote Quote:
    Why not S3? Should be cheaper with S4 out, and it's still a great phone.
    Quote Quote:
    If your Gio is acting up, and it costs a bit to fix it, then I'd say you should get SGS3. With SGS4 coming out, SGS3 should be much cheaper. It's also a great phone, though I'm not sure how the 4 is.
    Quote Quote:
    SGS3 beats everything though. k bye.
    Quote Quote:
    Why sigh? S2 will be much cheaper. Even S3 was $100 at the Best Buy I went to today. S4 looked quite similar to S3... I still dunno what makes it any better nor do I care. <3 my S3.
    Quote Quote:
    <3 my S3.
    Quote Quote:
    <3
    Quote Quote:
    ಠ_ಠ
    -

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Bob how did you make those panorama pics with the HTC? I neeeeeed ta nooooo!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

DOES NOT MAKE ME BIASED.

You don't have the panorama option, Evil? I think you look for it somewhere in the option or something.

Most Beautiful Male 2013 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    Bob how did you make those panorama pics with the HTC? I neeeeeed ta nooooo!
    Here ya go:

I knew you loved my panoramic shots from Romania

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats an awesome feature - remembers trying to stich picutres together manually - shrugs.

Just upgraded my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S2 - finally, letting go of my previous HTC evo design.
    One issue for me on the phone - I notice that the charge cord falls out unexpectedly at times, as if its not being locked in properly when inserted.
    Other than this - the phone did freeze a couple times while really not doing anything daunting to the phone but I chalk that up to random.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that sometimes Samsung had this strange moment, both with my phone and my tablet, and my previous Samsung phones too. Like an error happens for a moment, then when you click the power button to lock the screen and click it again to unlock it, everything goes back to normal. I wonder if it's kind of a glitch for touch-screen phones, or if it's just Samsung, or I bought bad products from black market. :|

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

In my case had mines unlocked or whatever all call it. I wonder if that cause an issue.
    In your case Phio - it could be a combination of both / all. Sometimes defects appears after all.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Following the announcement of the Galaxy S4 with stock Android, back at Google I/O, we have confirmation....
    Google’s Sundar Pichai confirms HTC One with stock Android coming June 26

Best. News. Ever. I don't know if there's any reason to buy the next Nexus phone.

And Samsung finally makes the Galaxy S4 mini official.

---------- Post added June 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was May 31, 2013 at 11:22 AM ----------

Samsung Premiere tomorrow/today/currentlylostintime. Livestream: http://www.youtube.com/samsungmobile

~~~~~~~~

Dolphin browser for Android gets a redesigned UI.
    Check it out in the Play Store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...yBrowser&hl=en

~~~~~~~~

Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 800 SoC gets benchmarked. Which shows some pretty impressive gains when you compare it to the 600 as well as Cortex A15s. But it's hard to find it interesting. Can't help but feel the software isn't there. When Apple revealed iOS 7 at WWDC a while back, it looked nice, but didn't find anything...innovative. More like it modernized Apple so it looks more up-to-date alongside the Metro UI and Holo. The only thing worth looking forward to most this year is probably Android 5.0 and if it'll take one step forward in convergence to be more in line with Surface RT/Pro.

/rant

---------- Post added June 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was June 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM ----------

Samsung Galaxy S3 owners:

Android 4.2.2 has been leaked for you guys. Unofficial ROM is out, feel free to install for those who are tech savvy and can't wait for the OTA.
    -

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally bought a smartphone corresponding to my needs: big 5 inches HD screen, dual sim, quad core, 8 megapixels + flash ... and all that for 189 euros.

It's a wiko cink five. Wiko is basically a french importer for chinese technology. Lots of colleagues got one now & all are happy.

I still don't see the point in giving more money for an iphone or a galaxy (which are no dual sim anyway ...). Of course, all in all an iphone or a galaxy is a better phone but come on, 189 euros instead of 500-700 euros.

There are finally good quality smartphones (wiko,acer & others) which doesn't cost more than a new personal computer or a new ps4 ...
    Last edited by zelllogan; July 03, 2013 at 08:41 AM.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I noticed that sometimes Samsung had this strange moment, both with my phone and my tablet, and my previous Samsung phones too. Like an error happens for a moment, then when you click the power button to lock the screen and click it again to unlock it, everything goes back to normal. I wonder if it's kind of a glitch for touch-screen phones, or if it's just Samsung, or I bought bad products from black market. :|
    Nope happened to my Motorola Xoom 2 too. I noticed it on some other sets too like Xperia U. I am guessing its a performance issue with the OS. Speaking of Samsung, I got my mother Samsung SIII mini. Its a good set. If you are not looking for something too flashy or costly, SIII mini is an ideal set.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else upset at how the phones are getting bigger instead of smaller? I don't need 1080 HD phone with 10-inch screen, I need a phone that's easy for me to carry, connects to the internet, can text, and can call.

Jeez, next thing you know we'll need a backpack specifically for tablet or cellphone. -_-
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

New Reply
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast