Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Mobile Phone Thread

I agree with you. I don't like the bigger versions of cell phones. I need a set that I can put into my pocket. My prime usage is same as you.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The irony here is that I bought a battery for SGS3 that adds so much to the weight and thickness. It was thinner than an iPhone but now it's probably thicker than two iPhones. Also, Candy Crush Saga. -_-

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, my S3 has not given me much trouble in terms of size. Only difference now is that I have a pocket solely for my phone which is not an issue for me. Honestly, now that I got used to it it does not even seem that large to be honest. I saw the S4 the other day and even if it is a little larger it still probably would fit my pockets.... I wouldn't go for a galaxy note though, I don't one of those would fit my pocket.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I had S4 for few days. I was scared to put it in the pocket. It was so sleek, I was afraid it would snap into two pieces in my pocket. I guess, Milly and I have different preferences. My friend bought Note II, I played with it for a day. And god, it was a fantastic set. Size, however, is a big no for me. I feel like putting a real paper note book to my ear. It felt clumsy.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, my S3 has not given me much trouble in terms of size. Only difference now is that I have a pocket solely for my phone which is not an issue for me. Honestly, now that I got used to it it does not even seem that large to be honest. I saw the S4 the other day and even if it is a little larger it still probably would fit my pockets.... I wouldn't go for a galaxy note though, I don't one of those would fit my pocket.
    Charles' brother has GN2 and according to him, there's no issue fitting it into his pocket. Even my bulky S3 fits in my pocket with two sets of keys and facial tissue, though it's wise for me to avoid tight pants and whatnot. Droid X was big as heck for me at first, but after a while it seemed normal size, hand and fingers got used to it. Same with SGS3.

Though really, the problem here would be the length or width, not the thickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I had S4 for few days. I was scared to put it in the pocket. It was so sleek, I was afraid it would snap into two pieces in my pocket. I guess, Milly and I have different preferences. My friend bought Note II, I played with it for a day. And god, it was a fantastic set. Size, however, is a big no for me. I feel like putting a real paper note book to my ear. It felt clumsy.
    I don't think we do, it's just more that I think the better battery is worth the bulk. Otherwise I really would prefer the thin SGS3.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Charles' brother has GN2 and according to him, there's no issue fitting it into his pocket. Even my bulky S3 fits in my pocket with two sets of keys and facial tissue, though it's wise for me to avoid tight pants and whatnot. Droid X was big as heck for me at first, but after a while it seemed normal size, hand and fingers got used to it. Same with SGS3.

Though really, the problem here would be the length or width, not the thickness.

I don't think we do, it's just more that I think the better battery is worth the bulk. Otherwise I really would prefer the thin SGS3.
    I meant you and I have different preferences from kkck.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Anyone else upset at how the phones are getting bigger instead of smaller? I don't need 1080 HD phone with 10-inch screen, I need a phone that's easy for me to carry, connects to the internet, can text, and can call.

Jeez, next thing you know we'll need a backpack specifically for tablet or cellphone. -_-
    Battery life. You bought a larger battery for your S3.

As smartphones get more powerful, they also consume more power. Having a smartphone is handy, but it's basically a brick if it's off.
    I personally can't help but facepalm at how little battery tech has grown compared to SoC that are powering them. Ultimately, you can shove a bigger battery into a bigger frame, and I can't help but think that every manufacturer's answer is let's all shove large batteries into huge smartphones (I'm pointing at you, Xperia Z Ultra, Galaxy Note 3 and 8.0, and Fonepad), make them use bluetooth to handle calls and that'll solve the problem.
    -

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

They can't make a smaller, better battery? What kind of tech world do we live in? -_-

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I understand the issue with battery life is not one of technology itself but rather the materials. A given material can hold only so much energy and technology can't change that. Until materials capable of holding more energy aren't available we are not going to see improvements in batteries themselves. Thats why focus is given to efficient hardware rather than better batteries overall and why the new intel processors are a big deal. As far as I understand (although my information might be a tad outdated) there are no new materials imminently available for batteries.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

But I think the battery makers can make do with the space they've been given. Like, look at how ZeroLemon designed their battery... sure it adds more weight and bulk, but it also provides a superior battery life to other batteries because they're using up the space that extended batteries leave empty. Not sure if this makes sense, but google it.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

So I somehow left my old Nokia Brick® in my short's pocket and it went through the full wash, stayed in the washer overnight. Tried the rice remedy, and so far no results. Looks like The contact on the battery shorted out. It could just be in need of a new battery, but I don't know.

So it looks like I'm getting a smart phone finally. My carrier is Verizon, so I'm looking at the Galaxy S4 right now. Any suggestions?

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it - I hear the S4 is a nice phone, just out of my non contract price range.
    My current one is the S2 and its way better than the Htc evo design I've been using.

Welcomes Gary to the modern times - its about time bish .

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Go for it - I hear the S4 is a nice phone, just out of my non contract price range.
    My current one is the S2 and its way better than the Htc evo design I've been using.

Welcomes Gary to the modern times - its about time bish .

Why do you have an S2 and an HTC Evo Design?

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah - I should have written that the evo design was the old phone I've been using previously.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh...Well, seems like the S4 is the newest/best phone they offer and it isn't terribly expensive. Might opt for the 32GB model instead as well.

New Reply
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast