Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Phone Hangout Thread

They're both Jelly Bean. Difference being 4.2 is more tablet optimized.
    -

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You sure you can handle such high tech phone? I mean, it's quite high tech.

Like, even Bond would be jealous, that's how high tech it is. Yanno what I mean? But dammit, that means you can get the latest Jellybean update. :\
    To be frank I'm completely lost with it... I feel like my dad back then when I teached him the internet. TAT
    Just that's not even anybody to explain shit to me... Some blue thing is blinking, I have no idea what it supposed to mean. There's still no sim inside, as I need a new smaller one so can't even receive calls or sms, so uhm... I'm clueless, fuck this shit!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Get a smart phone they said... It will be fun they said...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Unlikely. Samsung seldom coincide major launches with major OS updates. S4 will either come with 4.2 or 4.1.

On a side note, 4.2.1 is being rolled out for the S3. (over here, anyway)
    Still waiting for that to come over here for the HTC One X( 4.1 was came over in October iirc); though I know it's available for rooted phones.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    They're both Jelly Bean. Difference being 4.2 is more tablet optimized.
    oh, that means US or AT&T finally got hte Jellybean upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    To be frank I'm completely lost with it... I feel like my dad back then when I teached him the internet. TAT
    Just that's not even anybody to explain shit to me... Some blue thing is blinking, I have no idea what it supposed to mean. There's still no sim inside, as I need a new smaller one so can't even receive calls or sms, so uhm... I'm clueless, fuck this shit!

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Get a smart phone they said... It will be fun they said...
    TAT

Your story moved me.

TAT

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

As a user, I haven't found a huge difference in OS upgrades. Whether its JB or ICS, I haven't had any trouble. The hardware itself is what makes noticeable difference. From what I read, the difference in ICS and JB is more prominent when you are talking about tablets. In terms of handsets, I only noticed little tweaks and a bit improved interface.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Troubleshooting and Tech Support

Evernote issues site-wide password reset after hackers access user details

Quote Quote:
    In short, all users of the site will be required to set a new password, and are advised to log-in as soon as possible to do so.
    ---------- Post added March 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was March 04, 2013 at 11:40 AM ----------

LOL @ LG trolling Samsung's GS4 announcement.

-

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, if SGS3 is still working like a dream, and there's no good phone out there that's worth buying, like really good, then I'll probably stick to SGS3. How many people actually upgrade their phone every possible chance or something?

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm intrigued at the Galaxy S4 but I won't be upgrading until this time next year, there's no point for me. My One X is still in top condition and is not bested by only a handful other phones currently available. It won't be at that much of a disadvantage come next year.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if my phone was at a disadvantage, it would have to make it hard for me to use it for me to consider upgrading. The only reason why I ever upgraded was because the previous phones sucked or weren't as good or something happened.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Samsung. *sigh*

I'm watching too many Korean drama (maybe) and many of them is being sponsored by Samsung so I see either Samsung Note or S3 too often that I can't think of anything else, lol. My Samsung Gio fell from table few days ago, now sometimes it restarts on its own or give me troubles receiving messages. Currently trying to find info on S3 (as well as blackmailing parents about it *duhuhu*) but then I read about S4. What the -- ^^;

Anyway, aside from those problems above I don't really have a problem with Gio (thinking to upgrade the memory too, but if I'm going to change phone then it's unnecessary). But I often hear that gadgets usually lasts for 2-3 years only that you'll have to change after that period but they are so expensive nowadays that it's troublesome to change, so.. >_><_<

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

If your Gio is acting up, and it costs a bit to fix it, then I'd say you should get SGS3. With SGS4 coming out, SGS3 should be much cheaper. It's also a great phone, though I'm not sure how the 4 is.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If your Gio is acting up, and it costs a bit to fix it, then I'd say you should get SGS3. With SGS4 coming out, SGS3 should be much cheaper. It's also a great phone, though I'm not sure how the 4 is.
    Got my mom to check its price, still expensive. T_T The cheaper one is S3 mini, but I don't think I want to take that one. Not much different from my Gio, I think. I guess I'll stick with Gio and find a way to repair it. I may need a BlackBerry soon, though, because of uni things. >_>

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I lost my new phone already!

And I now remember why I never wanted an expensive phone for so long - I'm getting to lose those things super quickly.
    Last edited by Evil3ye; March 18, 2013 at 07:27 AM.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Got my mom to check its price, still expensive. T_T The cheaper one is S3 mini, but I don't think I want to take that one. Not much different from my Gio, I think. I guess I'll stick with Gio and find a way to repair it. I may need a BlackBerry soon, though, because of uni things. >_>
    Get a Blackberry, just make sure it's good.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

If you really like the S3, you should go for it phio! Go grab it when the S4 releases so there will be a price drop then if you're really tight.
    What exactly do you need BB for ? Can't android handle whatever your uni needs doing ?
    I'm pretty much sick of LG and it's phones(besides nexus which I heard was great). I've been using Optimus 2x for 2 years now and
    the experience is horrendous. Phone crashing, random booting, overlags despite its dual core and now it takes a minute or two to call.
    It hangs almost every single day and I'm not exaggerating. I'm done with expensive phones, I was considering Xperia Z(because it had an initial Z)
    but thought meh, that price is over the top. I think I'll just get myself a cheap one like Ace 2 or something from a year or two years ago.

New Reply
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast