Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Phone Hangout Thread

D'you need a smartphone? If not then get something like a simple flip phone or those Nokia that was popular years ago. I miss flip phones, they were good and easy to carry. Just flip the phone open, dial or text, hit send, and close it. Now, it's open, unlock, find the app, find the person, hit send twice or something, probably hit home,a dn then hit lock button. So complicated.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. I need a smartphone for various apps (whatsapp, pulse, etc)
    I absolutely adore the design of flipphones when they first came out and is
    quite unfortunate that their trend didnt last long. I might consider OS as a change from
    Android but im too broke atm to get it soon.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

You mean iOS, as OS means operating system and can apply to computers as well.

I agree, especially when flip phones IMO can be smarrtphones as well. But Whatsapp is a godsend, and it's still free for me. =D

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

At some point this year Whatsapp will begin charging its IOS users for the app.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only assume heavy usage from the ios.
    Hopefully it won't switch over to the Android market.

Though I'm curious, do they not charge after 1 year anyway.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that's a one time use?

Though I've had Whatsapp for two or three years and have never been charged by them yet. Probably because my charm transcends the interwebz.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    If you really like the S3, you should go for it phio! Go grab it when the S4 releases so there will be a price drop then if you're really tight.
    What exactly do you need BB for ? Can't android handle whatever your uni needs doing ?
    I'm pretty much sick of LG and it's phones(besides nexus which I heard was great). I've been using Optimus 2x for 2 years now and
    the experience is horrendous. Phone crashing, random booting, overlags despite its dual core and now it takes a minute or two to call.
    It hangs almost every single day and I'm not exaggerating. I'm done with expensive phones, I was considering Xperia Z(because it had an initial Z)
    but thought meh, that price is over the top. I think I'll just get myself a cheap one like Ace 2 or something from a year or two years ago.
    Zel, seems more like an OS issue. A friend mine had it and it worked like a charm. Could be a virus too. Have you tried to reset it? Take backup and wipe all the data + cache from the bootmenu. You can also try to flash it again with its stock firmware.

" Market research firm IHS iSuppli has predicted that Samsung will double its lead in 2013 - in other words it will lead the next largest OEM by 11 percent points rather than 5. "

Samsung is expected to increase its share to double with S4. Samsung became the market leader in 2012. In 2011, Samsung was trailing Nokia. When it comes to Android, Samsung has been right on the spot with its Android phones. Here is how it has been so far:

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyouria's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy with my iPhone 4 from a year or two ago. It does its job and has survived many falls. Admittingly, I did wish I had gotten a Samsung Galaxy (or another Android phone) but honestly, I think I can deal with the quirks that come with Apple while giving up a bit of customization and 'feel'. At least it's not a flip phone!
    Spoiler show

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

My younger brother bought an Note 2 - t mobile version, I think it was from some where around 600 somethin on ebay, new.
    Which is a considerable savings from its actual value. Since he uses a sim card - he just swapped it to the t mobile one and there ya have it.
    Though he did have unlock the phone - which he did from some you-tube tutorials to use his straight talk sprint plan.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Question, I am trying to export contacts from an old blackberry to a google account. In this particular case I can't find an option to export contacts to csv or the alternative with the blackberry desktop manager. I was able to extract the .idp contact file from the backup of the blackberry device however I am not able to get the contacts out of that file. I found a couple of programs on the internet which extract the contacts and convert them to files but they only extract 5 contacts for free which is less than convenient of I am looking to extract and export 500 contacts. Anyone knows of a free piece of software that can do this?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Question, I am trying to export contacts from an old blackberry to a google account. In this particular case I can't find an option to export contacts to csv or the alternative with the blackberry desktop manager. I was able to extract the .idp contact file from the backup of the blackberry device however I am not able to get the contacts out of that file. I found a couple of programs on the internet which extract the contacts and convert them to files but they only extract 5 contacts for free which is less than convenient of I am looking to extract and export 500 contacts. Anyone knows of a free piece of software that can do this?
    Could have asked the people you got the phone from (if it's service plan with Verizon or something) to transfer the contacts to the new phone and then save those contacts on Google.

Sorry I can't be more help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    My younger brother bought an Note 2 - t mobile version, I think it was from some where around 600 somethin on ebay, new.
    Which is a considerable savings from its actual value. Since he uses a sim card - he just swapped it to the t mobile one and there ya have it.
    Though he did have unlock the phone - which he did from some you-tube tutorials to use his straight talk sprint plan.
    Yeah, I remember your brother saying he was gonna get Note 2. How is it? Even huge? Does he need a purse to carry that since it won't fit in his pocket?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

@Milly and Zelx: Well, problem is S3 is just too expensive for my parents' pocket. Getting S3 mini won't make a big difference with my current phone, I believe. And as much as I dislike BlackBerry, a lot of students and people here use it. Even seniors and doctors in faculty. And it's said that it will be very important as source of information for field practice which will come in next 4-5 months. So I just don't know.

There is also a tendency to use Whatsapp more nowadays, but still not popular compared to BlackBerry messages and its group messages/broadcast etc.

Few days ago I saw a friend bringing her Samsung Note II. Super awesome. It is big, but because that friend carry big bag with her too, and there is a pocket inside the bag fir for the phone, it wasn't a problem at all.

/is depressed

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

@Phio regarding the note 2.
    @ Milly - He doesn't have a problem handling it or putting it in his pants pocket either.
    The note 2 is slightly easier to hold and somewhat slimmer or narrower than the predecessor.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I was thinking of upgrading my htc evo design smart phone to a galaxy 2 as the carrier now sell them.
    However mine was a non contract phone so I do not believe I can upgrade it.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    @Milly and Zelx: Well, problem is S3 is just too expensive for my parents' pocket. Getting S3 mini won't make a big difference with my current phone, I believe. And as much as I dislike BlackBerry, a lot of students and people here use it. Even seniors and doctors in faculty. And it's said that it will be very important as source of information for field practice which will come in next 4-5 months. So I just don't know.

There is also a tendency to use Whatsapp more nowadays, but still not popular compared to BlackBerry messages and its group messages/broadcast etc.

Few days ago I saw a friend bringing her Samsung Note II. Super awesome. It is big, but because that friend carry big bag with her too, and there is a pocket inside the bag fir for the phone, it wasn't a problem at all.

/is depressed
    Blackberry can download Whatsapp too, right?

Go with what you want though, you're the one using the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    @Phio regarding the note 2.
    @ Milly - He doesn't have a problem handling it or putting it in his pants pocket either.
    The note 2 is slightly easier to hold and somewhat slimmer or narrower than the predecessor.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

I was thinking of upgrading my htc evo design smart phone to a galaxy 2 as the carrier now sell them.
    However mine was a non contract phone so I do not believe I can upgrade it.
    You sure? Cuz I saw and held that phone, and it was huge.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes - its bigger than average / standard for sure.
    But the second model is slightly slimmer. and a little easier to hold / handle.

New Reply
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast