Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Phone Hangout Thread

If I recall, it was wide.

Do they even make wide enough pockets for that?

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Zel, seems more like an OS issue. A friend mine had it and it worked like a charm. Could be a virus too. Have you tried to reset it? Take backup and wipe all the data + cache from the bootmenu. You can also try to flash it again with its stock firmware.
    Thanks for the heads up, this idea actually went through me once but I was too lazy to think about going through a wipe/reset.
    In fact, I don't even know how to do it so I might just hand it over to someone to do it for me for cash. I fear messing up my phone.
    I thought about it having viruses too since I always open shitty mails. I'll try to give it ago since getting a new phone will bomb up my bank account
    even more.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    If I recall, it was wide.

Do they even make wide enough pockets for that?
    yes -

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackberry can download Whatsapp too, right?

Go with what you want though, you're the one using the phone.
    Well, if I use BB I won't have to worry about WhatsApp too much. Anyway the best solution will be to just buy a BB, but I just don't like that much. I'll see again later, I guess. Some friends already switched to Android from BB, lol.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

A three hundred dollar phone with a 50 $ trade in value. Really irritated me hearing that value for it. Sighs - I'm better selling the phone off on eBay or FB.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Well, if I use BB I won't have to worry about WhatsApp too much. Anyway the best solution will be to just buy a BB, but I just don't like that much. I'll see again later, I guess. Some friends already switched to Android from BB, lol.
    WhatsApp can allow you to communicate with friends who don't have Blackberry though, in any part of the world, like me or Charles.

isn't there a cheaper Android phone you could get?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Up to a year for free and then there was to be a .99 cent yearly charge I believe.
    But its really convenient.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone here have tried the latest BlackBerry? I forget what is the name of it, but what I can remember is it has an all touchscreen just like Galaxy or iPhone.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, this idea actually went through me once but I was too lazy to think about going through a wipe/reset.
    In fact, I don't even know how to do it so I might just hand it over to someone to do it for me for cash. I fear messing up my phone.
    I thought about it having viruses too since I always open shitty mails. I'll try to give it ago since getting a new phone will bomb up my bank account
    even more.
    Its really easy. You can google it or try youtube, there are many videos to guide you. Decision is yours though.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

WhatsApp can allow you to communicate with friends who don't have Blackberry though, in any part of the world, like me or Charles.

isn't there a cheaper Android phone you could get?
    I know. Like I told you most use BB here, some use WhatsApp like me but still not many compared to BB. If they also use WhatsApp it would be great, but if WhatsApp starts to charge too.. XD We'll see.

I can get S3 mini. Saw one on display a while ago, it actually looks pretty. /tempted

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Anyone here have tried the latest BlackBerry? I forget what is the name of it, but what I can remember is it has an all touchscreen just like Galaxy or iPhone.
    I heard this. Haven't seen or tried it either, though. But isn't there a BB with full touchscreen before this new one? Odin or whatever the name was, I don't remember.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatsapp does charge after a year, though I dunno why it hasn't charged me. Totally worth it. You can even talk with me, neechan!

I thought you said S3 wasn't worth it?

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw Galaxy Grand today. To be honest, I was not impressed. First of all, the menus were lagging on a brand new set, with no additional apps or games installed. If I wanted a bigger screen, I would go for Galaxy Note (I or II), which is far better in performance. You can also get SIII (slightly used) for the same price here. Again, a hundred times better choice.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I could have sworn I posted this in here already but - ^^;
    My current mobile carrier is out with some newer phones. Namely the Galaxy s2 and I want to upgrade my phone which is a non contract Evo Design.
    I took it to the Boost Mobile store and got a trade in value of 50 dollars. I'm like.... are you f--king kidding me? This phone costs close to 300 dollars! Looks like with the s2 they're carrying now the design's price went down a tad to $195.00.

No freaking way... am I going to go and sell / trade it to them! I can easily sell the phone on Ebay or a face book group here for close to the actual value!!

Though I have my eye on the S3 - I'd rather have this over the s2 but my carrier does not support it. So I'm kind of stuck here.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't S2 good though? Never used S2, and while S3 is amazing, I don't think it's worth the stress.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't S2 good though? Never used S2, and while S3 is amazing, I don't think it's worth the stress.
    This is a really good point and it probably isn't worth the stress over it. Sure, the newer ones have the better sepcs and whatnot.
    Well - while buying a new product, you don't really want the last model - when you're paying so much for a new item already.

New Reply
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast