Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Phone Hangout Thread

S2 costs as much as S3? With S3 coming out they should have gotten cheap, and with S4 even cheaper. You also have to look at the performance and budget. If S2 is still good and in your budget, then it's worth a buy over S3.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

SII is another great cell phone. I have used it for few months. No performance issues whatsoever. If you can't afford SIII, SII would be the ideal choice.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; April 07, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, the S2 is a fantastic phone. For a few of the features you can use with the S3 you need a rather large amount of people to actually also own an S3 so the S2 is a pretty good alternative as there are plenty of S3 features its unlikely you would use anyways.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Facebook's attempt at the mobile phone was launched just a few days ago I believe; Facebook Home. The most common and rational negative point I have about it is being connected to facebook all the time and honestly I do not see a reason why it couldn't just remain an app and choose to branch into OS.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the main goal of Facebook and Home is to gather more data to sell, like location, possibly apps used, better advertisement, and whatnot. Plus, there are many who are obsessed with Facebook, and the phone would probably allow them better access to features and shit.

Could explain why the app itself for Android has gotten progressively worse, accordin to reviews.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, from what I have read one of the issues facebook has nowadays is that young people don't see the company as cool anymore. They have gathered a number of people very loyal to them however the company knows that its in long term trouble if kids are not going to use facebook because their parents are on it. The previous generation could write about pot and parties and alcohol on facebook with almost certainty that parents won't ever read that, the current new generation knows that their parents are technologically savy enough to use facebook. Heck, plenty of parents out there create facebook accounts for their babies. For those guys facebook will be this lame thing which their parents used to invade their privacy and exposed them before they even had things to expose. Facebook is simply looking for an edge to appear cool to a new generation of people. I don't think they can ever be cool enough for kids to want to use the same social media as their parents.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, it can still happen. The kids can just get an account, put it on private, and make sure not to add anyone that could reveal things or their parents. Problem solved. In any case, if Facebook really does want to entice kids, then all they have to do is convince parents to keep kids away from Facebook. Kids are more likely to be attracted to forbidden fruit than fruit no one cares about.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^I doubt teenagers could ever be that practical about stuff. Even then, the issue is not just practical, its a perspective thing. Kids nowadays don't think facebook is cool. Parents using it is just one factor and as far as kids are concerned it would be better and even easier to use other stuff altogether. The idea of parents keeping kids away from facebook has a mayor flaw in it though.... It is not perceived as cool and kids don't want it that bad anyways.... That working would be the equivalent to parents forcing kids to not eat broccoli.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Says who though? I don't think Facebook is any less popular among kids, especially since it's one of the biggest social media sites.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

So this really irrelevant to the current discussion, but I think its pretty awesome.

Because I frequently travel between university and home, I often keep two mobile phones with me. I needed to replaced my backup phone and ended up getting a Nokia Lumia 620. It uses Windows Phone 8. Its pretty nice and very fluid to use. Normally more musically inclined phones come with some music to encourage you to load songs into it to use. My phone came preloaded with like, 3 albums of Daft Punk. What. It has a whole remix album of Daft Punk remixing random songs. Its such a joy to listen to!

For the phone itself, I've been a fan of Windows Phone's new OS since the beginning. Its a great minimalist look and it works beautifully. What I like is how despite the flat colors and flat design, its still very customizable to your preference. Its a shame not many big webapps and websites make apps for it, because some of the apps just look so good on it. Also, the word suggestion software is scarily accurate, something I haven't found as useful in other smartphones.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    My phone came preloaded with like, 3 albums of Daft Punk. What. It has a whole remix album of Daft Punk remixing random songs. Its such a joy to listen to!
    Phone of the Century

17. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Note 2 users - amazon has a good deal right for an extended battery 9300 mah for 40 bucks.
    Last edited by Charlie; April 28, 2013 at 08:03 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking to add bit more the to money I got back from the insurance and buy a HTC X one. Anyone got that one and can share experiences?

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evil3ye View Post
    I'm thinking to add bit more the to money I got back from the insurance and buy a HTC X one. Anyone got that one and can share experiences?
    Yes that's my phone, it's a brilliant phone but with battery issues after a few months; I have to charge it near twice a day. Granted though I've had it for a year and I use my phone a lot. I think the HTC One X+ has a more improved and stable battery but near enough the same specifications.

What happened to your S3 again?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Evil3ye's Avatar
    Country
    San Marino
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh was it the one that annoyed me so much on our Romanian road trip? And you say the battery gets even WORSE?!?! Oh my godness.

Got fucked up and left it in a cab on the way back.

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast