Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: General Mobile Phone Thread

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mobile Phone Thread

I have SGS3 and it's quite basically the most freakin' amazing phone I've ever had. Fast, customizable, and so much win. My main gripe is that Swype wasn't built in, and that there's no Jellybean update available for US yet. It's not light or thin because I'm using a better battery. The DC mod meet people have seen my phone, which is so win.

Hell, I even love how 3D the screen looks with colors. i love taking screenshots, esp of my phone wallpapers.

All in all though, I still miss flip phones.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a Pay As You Go Samsung sliding phone. It looks sort of like this. I used to want a smartphone, but now I'm content with the limited features the phone does: it works, calls people, sends texts and takes photos. I don't need it to do anything else.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm born in the wrong era because I never understood the appeal about cellphones. A lot of people are glued to them these days whereas if I left my phone at home, it's an inconvenience rather than the end of the world.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

That's how I feel about my phone too, unless I'm in a foreign area, like NYC. Then I depend on the phone to show me where to go, but otherwise I don't mind not having it with me much. When my Droid X was bricking on me, I honestly didn't care as much, other htan missing texts and time pass. Cell phones are overrated anyway.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Cell phones are a great tool at its basic core, but it's sad that people are so attached to them nowadays. One time a friend and I hung out for lunch, and she spent the entire time texting people. Could she not have touched her phone while we were eating? It was a good thing I had another friend there to talk with because it would have been awkward.

My mom told me that iPhone 5 hasn't been selling very well, and I'm not surprised by that. My brother got his iPhone 4S less than a year ago while it was the latest model, and I doubt most people could afford to upgrade to a new one every single time a newer version comes out. 2007 was the first year iPhone was released, and there's already been five models since then? Slow down a little, Apple. Not even musicians release an album at that pace.

6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

iPhone is just trying to capitalize on its name, contracts, and fanbase, I guess. Plus, it has better competitors now, namely SGS3.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member roma's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Cell phones are a great tool at its basic core, but it's sad that people are so attached to them nowadays. One time a friend and I hung out for lunch, and she spent the entire time texting people. Could she not have touched her phone while we were eating? It was a good thing I had another friend there to talk with because it would have been awkward.
    Smartphones are a great help at work. With a lot of useful apps to try they made my work easier. Didn't think I'd survive work without it. But sometimes I hated having one. My boss and others thought I can do just about anything with it. And that line about people getting so attached to them now -- so true! It's really sad when people now prefer socializing using these gadgets than actual conversations.

---
    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    My mom told me that iPhone 5 hasn't been selling very well, and I'm not surprised by that. My brother got his iPhone 4S less than a year ago while it was the latest model, and I doubt most people could afford to upgrade to a new one every single time a newer version comes out. 2007 was the first year iPhone was released, and there's already been five models since then? Slow down a little, Apple. Not even musicians release an album at that pace.
    But isn't this applicable to every major cellphone company out there? Apple. Samsung. Sony. LG. HTC. Blackberry... Every year we see so many new ones. With Apple I think it's only one major phone release / year while the rest release a lot of new models. That said, I haven't upgraded to the latest ones like the iPhone5. I feel the upgrade ain't worth it. Dreaming of the Note2, though.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cell / Mobile
    B0088K57I4.main.jpg

HTC EVO Design 4G
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...K57I4.main.jpg
    Spoiler: Specs show

This is the current model I have
    - works great, responds well and connection is pretty good.

Batter dies a bit faster than I like -

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Iphone 5 is not selling all that well because it was not a huge innovation to begin with. Half the new stuff it had was already available in competing phones a year early. More so, the S3 came out months earlier than the iphone 5 and it still has things which the iphone 5 simply does not. Their last few phone models have barely been marginal upgrades from the previous version at large. Other than the large screen there really is no reason to change from an iphone 4 to 5 to this day. The rest of the industry is not necessarily making huge innovation in terms of phones but at least they offer better prices and actually make a point of packing as much features as possible to make up for the lack of innovation. Apple needs their next phone to be packed with at least as many features if not more than their competitors next time around if not actually coming up with some entirely new revolutionary phone concept. The other day apparently apple went as far as actually halving their orders for phones due to low demand, thats gotta say something.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm using two cellphones right now, an iPhone 4S and a Blackberry Bold 9900 . I've been thinking to change my Blackberry to Samsung SGS3 or Note II, but I tried my sister's SGS3 and I do not really like it because of its wide and long body, even though it's slim. Blackberry has been really useful since I really need its push e-mail features but the phone itself is very risky and the battery easily broken after 1 year of use. I'm considering a HTC One X, but I'm still unsure.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Cell / Mobile
    Attachment 2145

HTC EVO Design 4G
    http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/image...K57I4.main.jpg
    Spoiler: Specs show

This is the current model I have
    - works great, responds well and connection is pretty good.

Batter dies a bit faster than I like -
    If you want, you can buy a better battery online. I did that for my SGS3, and it's been pretty good. Same with Droid X around New Year's Eve when we had that NYC mod meet. It was solid. Not only would you have a better battery, but you also have a backup battery just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I'm using two cellphones right now, an iPhone 4S and a Blackberry Bold 9900 . I've been thinking to change my Blackberry to Samsung SGS3 or Note II, but I tried my sister's SGS3 and I do not really like it because of its wide and long body, even though it's slim. Blackberry has been really useful since I really need its push e-mail features but the phone itself is very risky and the battery easily broken after 1 year of use. I'm considering a HTC One X, but I'm still unsure.
    Really? SGS3 isn't that big to me and fits in my hand well. I can use it with one hand for nearly everything, and thanks to the better battery, it's much thicker than it was with stock battery/normally.

I think the problem is that without Steve Jobs, iPhone can't improve as much as it could. Wasn't it his innovative ideas that led to new stuff for the iPhone every generation? Without his ideas, they can't really do much, I guess, but improve some things like the screen, processing power, and etc. I think majority of the iPhone 5's sales came from loyal Apple fans and people who are or tryin to look technologically savvy or hip.

Though I haven't used iPhone 5 as extensively, I'd say SGS3 is amazing anyway and would probably beat iPhone 4S or 5.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I've heard a lot of bad things about BB, and surely those who use must've experienced it at least once. Even though it may be very important in my upcoming semesters, I still haven't switched to BB yet. I'll check again later if I really need it. Now I'm using Samsung Gio (one of Galaxy series) and loving it so far. Small and simple. I wanted to change to Galaxy S3 but it's still super expensive so I'm hopeless. I saw an advertisement about Galaxy S3 Mini today, maybe you want to give that a try, Dorakun? :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the DROID RAZOR M from Verizon. It's one of the best phones I've ever had I'm enjoying it so much and the battery life OMG just amazing.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; January 18, 2013 at 01:21 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as BB goes any change to it or from it should IMO wait until the new OS and phones are out. There is a lot of hype going on around them and so far it seems it just might be justified. The new phones and OS should be out in February so the wait would not be too long from now.

I got the S3 a few days ago and I am loving every bit of it. I have taken my time learning how to use it and I am quite happy with how I customized it. Only thing which is a bit of a pain really is disabling and uninstalling bloatware. I want to disable chatON however I only get the option to uninstall it which is a bit annoying. I am pretty sure that by now I got rid of most of the bloatware though. Battery life is not bad and it should be a bit better now that I got rid of a bunch of things. I wish I have had a chance to try the S beam though, unfortunately I don't know that many people with the S3 to use it with.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

kick, you can always try the S beam with me.

I honestly can't wait for the Jellybean update for SGS3. Apparently other countries have theirs out already, but we're still waiting. Eff.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Really? SGS3 isn't that big to me and fits in my hand well. I can use it with one hand for nearly everything, and thanks to the better battery, it's much thicker than it was with stock battery/normally.
    I needed two hands in order to type, while I could type with one hand with my iPhone, not to mention that it felt stuffy in my pocket when I tried it. I'm going to buy SGS3, but I'm looking for better alternatives first, if there's any.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I've heard a lot of bad things about BB, and surely those who use must've experienced it at least once. Even though it may be very important in my upcoming semesters, I still haven't switched to BB yet. I'll check again later if I really need it. Now I'm using Samsung Gio (one of Galaxy series) and loving it so far. Small and simple. I wanted to change to Galaxy S3 but it's still super expensive so I'm hopeless. I saw an advertisement about Galaxy S3 Mini today, maybe you want to give that a try, Dorakun? :P
    I'd say that Blackberry is extremely flimsy. The battery is one of the major reasons why I kinda hate Blackberry even though I'm badly need its push e-mail features and Blackberry messenger. About Blackberry Messenger, I was hoping with the invention of WhatsApp years ago the usage of Blackberry Messenger among my friends would decrease, but I was wrong.

I googled about SGS3 Mini, but the review said it is overpriced and also it is also has lower processor as well, compared to the actual SGS3.

New Reply
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast