Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: D.Gray-man Anime Fansubs

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

D.Gray-man Anime Fansubs

So far the sub groups I know that is currently subbing D.Gray-man are SD Project, Black-Order, Toriyama World/Shinsen. I personally go for SD's version because of their speed and the video encoding is good. As for BO's release, it is good too, but SD is faster. It seems BO tuned up the video contrast for their release. I dislike SHS-TW's version because I noticed that their video was filtered and it made the video looks sharper but it is all 'grainy' and 'noised' (hope you understand what i'm trying to say). As for these fansubs' translations, I have no comments(knows no japanese).
    Well, of course these are just my opinion and preference. Now, let me hear what you all have to say. Which sub groups version do you prefer?

EDIT: If you are wondering, the order of release by the sub groups, according to episode 1 is SD project, Black-Order, and Toriyama World/Shinsen.

Dearly Missed ;__; MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: D.Gray-man Anime Fansubs

i can't say i clearly will prefer one sub group for now...
    just too little episodes...
    but i tend to go with Vlack Order, the vid quality got higher, and with my little understanding of japanese i'd say their translations are more wordly, what is mainly one of the reason i like it...
    also, you may notice a difference in the opening...
    where sd subs it with 'every man on earth' black order subs it with 'it will never end' which for me somehow makes more sense....

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon
    sd subs it with 'every man on earth' black order subs it with 'it will never end' which for me somehow makes more sense....
    Yes, I noticed. I turned up the volume to hear it myself, and im not sure if I have any hearing problems, but I heard it sang 'every man on earth', no way it could be 'it will never end' or 'ever never end' like SHS-TW sub it. And yes, this is one of my reasons I prefer SD project. I like to point out though, episode 2 of SD's contain translations of the anime credits, which I dislike because all the words cover too much of the screen to fully enjoy the opening.

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    I heard it sang 'every man on earth', no way it could be 'it will never end' or 'ever never end'
    That's interessting. The first sub was "every man on earth". I repeated this several times, but I never could hear this lines^^ ... but I'm not a native speaker, so maybe it was just me, but "end" at the end sounds closer to what I think to hear.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Divine
    Yes, I noticed. I turned up the volume to hear it myself, and im not sure if I have any hearing problems, but I heard it sang 'every man on earth', no way it could be 'it will never end' or 'ever never end' like SHS-TW sub it. And yes, this is one of my reasons I prefer SD project. I like to point out though, episode 2 of SD's contain translations of the anime credits, which I dislike because all the words cover too much of the screen to fully enjoy the opening.
    dunno about the creditsthing right now, but w/e...

for the it will never end/every an on earth...
    i think it definitely is 'it will never end'...
    seems like we'll have to wait for the single to come out with lyrics...
    damn the japanese trying to speak english xD

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, agree. Lets wait for the single then. We will never figure out what the Japanese is trying to say in English. But, if im not mistaken, the single will only be out in December, thats a long time from now . But my ears still heard 'every man on Earth', maybe its because its the first translation i read and my brain just somehow make me hear that everytime i hear the opening theme. Or maybe because im an Asian .

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for confirming that, Eni.
    See! Winterlion heard 'every man on earth' too. I guess asians are the only ones that are able to listen to English spoken by asian.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that's true. In DNAngel there is a episode were Dark speaks a spell in German (I'm German) ... I needed to repeat it ten times to get half of what he was saying. Still don't know the whole text

As for English ... after seeing a sub I'm often surprised about the English words I couldn't hear in the raw before

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eni
    Yes, that's true. In DNAngel there is a episode were Dark speaks a spell in German (I'm German) ... I needed to repeat it ten times to get half of what he was saying. Still don't know the whole text 

As for English ... after seeing a sub I'm often surprised about the English words I couldn't hear in the raw before 
    did you watch fate stay night?
    now that was cruel too xD
    i needed to laugh about the translation note made by eclipse everytime something german was spoken xD
    'crude german for: [insert probably right sentence here]'

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to change the topic title into "non-japanese words in japanese media"

did you watch fate stay night?
    now that was cruel too xD
    i needed to laugh about the translation note made by eclipse everytime something german was spoken xD
    'crude german for: [insert probably right sentence here]'
    No, I haven't ... still fighting with Meine Liebe (a country called "Kuchen") and Chrno Crusade (the German jewel witch and her release spellings) ... oh, and I think I heard some German in the last Bleach Fillers *think think* ... it's so funny, I love it

Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to change the topic title into "non-japanese words in japanese media"

No, I haven't ... still fighting with Meine Liebe (a country called "Kuchen") and Chrno Crusade (the German jewel witch and her release spellings) ... oh, and I think I heard some German in the last Bleach Fillers *think think* ... it's so funny, I love it
    lol xD
    i only watched the beginning of meine liebe...

but right... the bleach fillers have the words 'zeige dich' in german... and sometimes something else which i don't remember...
    newest anime with german insert: Pumpkin Scissors....

anyway: i rewatched the episodes and if BlackOrder keeps up the speed i will watch only their releases... imo they are better.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

anyway: i rewatched the episodes and if BlackOrder keeps up the speed i will watch only their releases... imo they are better.
    Can't decide yet ... we will see how the groups will do it in the next weeks.
    TW will drop it when they licence it in the US, so it will be a battle between SD and BB BO

Puella Magi 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Galth's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

According to WinterLion, there have been 9 different subs of the first episode... >.>
    Was she correct? [br]Posted on: October 12, 2006, 07:41:26 PM_________________________________________________
    TW will drop it when they licence it in the US, so it will be a battle between SD and BB
    Perhaps ShinsenSubs will continue alone then?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    According to WinterLion, there have been 9 different subs of the first episode... >.>
    Was she correct?
    SD, SDv2, BO, TW/SHS XviD and TW/SHS h264. I don't know about more (English) subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khal
    Perhaps ShinsenSubs will continue alone then?
    I don't know them, but they don't have any Info of DGM at their page. Not even the latest release last time I checked there. We will see if all groups continue this series.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast