Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A friend in the World Government!?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend in the World Government!?

Something has been bugging me for a while now, and its the fact that Kuma pretty much "saved" the SH's back at the Sabaody Archipelago. I know back at Thriller Bark that he showed mercy towards the SH's and even mentioned Dragon. And all of this has led to a lot of "Dragon and Kuma working together" talk. But if you closely re-read this you can see that even Kuma is not sure about what he is doing or quite possibly even why. And if he was indeed working with Dragon then why should he have any doubts about saving Dragon's son!? And not to mention that after Kuma tells Rayleigh something, even he seems to be very surprised. And again if this was talk involving Dragon i highly doubt that there would be this much doubt shown. Also Kuma then directly tells Kizaru that he doesn't answer to him because the WG is directly involved. I mean coulden't it have been a whole lot easier to just ignore Kizaru or say that he is finishing the job he was originally ordered to do!? But, i mean either way it really makes no difference what his reason was for doing what he did.

Also from what we know about Kuma it is that he seems to be very pro-WG. And the fact that he is still a Shichibukai, even after the marines found out that he lied, should speak volumes about who he really works for. And if anything, Kuma just acts as if he cares what the Marines tell him to do. And a great example of that would be him not telling the marines that he didn't kill the SH's. But what if, what if, someone directly working for the WG sent Kuma to "help" out the SH's!? And what if that person was Luffies mother!? I mean we know absolutely nothing about her, and Luffy has to have a mother. Plus the way Oda has been setting up One Piece it would make a whole lot of sense for something like this to happen. Luffies father is "The Worlds Most Wanted Man" and what if Luffies mother is the equivalent of that but only to the WG!? I mean it would only add to Luffies crazy family tree.

Or what if Dadan is actually apart of the WG and he sent Kuma to save the SH's!? Again we know pretty much nothing about this character, except that he did "raise" both Luffy and Ace for a period of time. Also we know that Garp wanted Luffy and i would assume Ace as well, to become Marines. So why would he leave them in the hands of a criminal or a pirate!? Especially after we have seen Garp get angry about the fact that Luffy and Ace had both become pirates. And right here it is pretty much stated that Dadan is most likely not a fan of pirates. I'm not saying that Luffies mother or Dadan sent Kuma to save the SH's. But i strongly believe that someone from the WG sent Kuma to the Sabaody Archipelago. I mean who else would have known that quickly where the SH's were!? And i would assume that that WG person also knew that an Admiral was being sent there. Thus the reason for Kuma being sent there to "save" the SH's.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A friend in the World Government!?

Great post with some very interesting ideas. For sure "someone" sent Kuma to look after the SH. I think Kuma is loyal to Vegapunk and therefore to the WG. Perhaps it could be that he is indebted to the WG for his Pacifista modifications..
    And why is he a Shichibukai?? The Marines need all the help they can get, that's why Moria is there all beat up. They can sort out their members when the existance of their power in not in question.

It could be a family member like Dadan or maybe Garp..??? If indeed it's someone from the inside of the WG I suspect Vegapunk or Tsuru. We know nothing of Vegapunk so I can't say, but Tsuru and Garp have some ties and she seems to be quiet and sympathetic. But I see no hard evidence stating it Can't be Dragon. If anyone knows where the SH are it's him. I forget the source but he has been keeping tabs on them all the way to where we are now. I agree Kuma seems like a "company man" and like a loyal ally, but that would make him the ultimate double agent.

I'm glad to see what others think as well.....

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    Great post with some very interesting ideas. For sure "someone" sent Kuma to look after the SH. I think Kuma is loyal to Vegapunk and therefore to the WG. Perhaps it could be that he is indebted to the WG for his Pacifista modifications..
    And why is he a Shichibukai?? The Marines need all the help they can get, that's why Moria is there all beat up. They can sort out their members when the existance of their power in not in question.

It could be a family member like Dadan or maybe Garp..??? If indeed it's someone from the inside of the WG I suspect Vegapunk or Tsuru. We know nothing of Vegapunk so I can't say, but Tsuru and Garp have some ties and she seems to be quiet and sympathetic. But I see no hard evidence stating it Can't be Dragon. If anyone knows where the SH are it's him. I forget the source but he has been keeping tabs on them all the way to where we are now. I agree Kuma seems like a "company man" and like a loyal ally, but that would make him the ultimate double agent.

I'm glad to see what others think as well.....
    If the marines were in such dire need of Shichibukai members and or support then i'm sure they could have gotten pleatny of other pirates to fill in Kumas position. Hell if they were that desperate they could have made a deal with Crocodile, got him out of ID and gave him his title back. But the fact that we haven't seen Kuma stripped of his Shichibukai title, or better yet at least seen him questioned about what he did, is alarming. I mean the only reason that Luffy managed to break in and out of ID is because of Kuma lying.

Also the reason i'm not buying the talk that Dragon was behind the "saving" of the SH's is because of all of the doubt shown. Both Kuma and Rayleigh are clearly having doubts about what Kuma is doing or was ordered to do. And if Dragon sent him there i can see no reason for any doubt to be shown. Because A. Hes Luffies father and B. Hes an enemy of the marines and the WG. And because of those two reasons both Kuma and Rayleigh should not have been so confused. But on the other hand if Kuma said to Rayleigh "i was sent here by the WG to do this" then that would explain the confusion.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    If the marines were in such dire need of Shichibukai members and or support then i'm sure they could have gotten pleatny of other pirates to fill in Kumas position. Hell if they were that desperate they could have made a deal with Crocodile, got him out of ID and gave him his title back. But the fact that we haven't seen Kuma stripped of his Shichibukai title, or better yet at least seen him questioned about what he did, is alarming. I mean the only reason that Luffy managed to break in and out of ID is because of Kuma lying.

Also the reason i'm not buying the talk that Dragon was behind the "saving" of the SH's is because of all of the doubt shown. Both Kuma and Rayleigh are clearly having doubts about what Kuma is doing or was ordered to do. And if Dragon sent him there i can see no reason for any doubt to be shown. Because A. Hes Luffies father and B. Hes an enemy of the marines and the WG. And because of those two reasons both Kuma and Rayleigh should not have been so confused. But on the other hand if Kuma said to Rayleigh "i was sent here by the WG to do this" then that would explain the confusion.
    Perhaps they could of found another pirate to replace Kuma or Offer Croc his spot back.. But is it that easy to find someone who compares to "the Tyrant" Kuma? I'm also pretty surprised that Kuma is still where he is if indded he has some ties to Dragon.

I actually am not convinced that it's Dragon behind Kuma's actions either. But I'm equally unsure he isn't connected to the revolutionaries or Dragon. In the link you provided he offers no information to Kizaru, and states he only needs to work with marines based on his orders. He Tells Rayleigh something they are both unsure is sound thinking. I think somehow Garp or Dadan have some role in all this. But Kuma has been a mystery since we met him. He works for the WG and does as they ask but why? Does his cyborg body come at some cost or sacifice? Has he been mentally altered?
    There are many questions as to why he has been pretty much the only WG loyal Shichibukai.

I don't disagree or aim to argue, but have seen no evidence to say Dragon and the Revolutionaries have nothing to do with Kuma and his intentions.
    I hope to find out through the rest of the arc what he's up to....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Freakzin's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they didn't accept Croco back, is because the whole world knew he had done S#@*t and had been beaten by Luffy. Losing part of his threat, and the world knowing he was "fooling" the WG behind their back, made him lose his part as one of the shichibukai.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

The only shocking thing Kuma told Rayleigh that marines have found out his captain's only son. Anything else can be? I guess not. Thus, it will not be revealed what he told in later chapters as well, because Oda considers his readers very clever

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I like your thoughts about Dadan. It is quite possible that he/she (I guess the gender of this name is still unclear) is a marine member. On the other hand if you look at the only other mention of Dadan here it appears that Dadan wouldn't like all three generation of the Monkey D. family (including Garp, Dragon and Luffy).

This is obvious for Dragon and Luffy but what about Garp? He is supposed to be the hero of the marine and he helds an incredible reputation.
    Possibly Dadan knows that Garp betrayed the marine and the government and helped gol d. roger a crime which is to bb punished via death sentece like Tom received.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fui View Post
    The only shocking thing Kuma told Rayleigh that marines have found out his captain's only son. Anything else can be? I guess not. Thus, it will not be revealed what he told in later chapters as well, because Oda considers his readers very clever
    But Kuma telling Rayleigh about Ace while hes "saving" the SH's makes no sense at all. And not to mention that after Kuma told Rayleigh whatever it was he said, Rayleigh backed off the idea of helping the SH's himself.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra Wolf View Post
    I like your thoughts about Dadan. It is quite possible that he/she (I guess the gender of this name is still unclear) is a marine member. On the other hand if you look at the only other mention of Dadan here it appears that Dadan wouldn't like all three generation of the Monkey D. family (including Garp, Dragon and Luffy).

This is obvious for Dragon and Luffy but what about Garp? He is supposed to be the hero of the marine and he helds an incredible reputation.
    Possibly Dadan knows that Garp betrayed the marine and the government and helped gol d. roger a crime which is to bb punished via death sentece like Tom received.
    To me it just looked like the chief said all three generations were screwed up and then asked whether or not Dadan knew about the EL incident.

@Freakzin: didn't the WG cover up the fact that Luffy was the one who beat Crocodile? I thought that was the reason the people on Jaya believed he'd made a fake bounty for himself.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

And that makes me thing that Dadan is indeed some important person. If the mayor says " Does Dadan know ? ", it is because he will expect Dadan to react to or be responsible for that. If Dadan was not working for the WG (or possibly marine), he/she woud not have to take care of Luffy's actions.
    I guess a friend of Garp to whom he entrusts his two " grandsons ", has to be important. That drives us to the point that all the world big events are a big family affair.

PS : I think the idea Dadan is a WG member is better than a marine member.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kimi-X's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone thought of a 3rd party could have sent kuma like they're part of da WG but a sercert org like cp9?
    King of Fighters Iori Yagami!!he shall burn Kyo Kusanagi to burning red ashes!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Umbra Wolf's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kimi-X View Post
    has anyone thought of a 3rd party could have sent kuma like they're part of da WG but a sercert org like cp9?
    Possible but I guess that would appear to be much too repetitive.

I still reckon that if Kuma is a traitor to the WG he is rather with the revolutionaries. If I were to form a resistance group against anything it would be the best move to have someone of your most loyal and most powerful people in your enemies rows.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well isn't fan dan the mayor of the fushia city, I mean that guy hates pirates and he taked care of luffy...

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beastboy View Post
    well isn't fan dan the mayor of the fushia city, I mean that guy hates pirates and he taked care of luffy...
    Fan DAn? Mayor of Luffys hometown was Woop Slap. And Dadan is the mysterious caretaker/sensei of Luffy and Ace. And Woop Slap knows him.

I've thinking Kuma as a good guy (and a traitor/revulotionary) ever since his behaviour at Thrille Bark. And therefore Vegapunk is probaply 'friendly' too. Maybe instead of being Vegapunks "bodyguard" Sentoumaru is actually more like a "watchdog" and that Vegapunk is forced to work for WG. And when he built Kuma into a cyborg, he either entered somekinda program, or otherwise "clicked" with the pirate, who is now helping him as a doublespy.

But nah, I think Oda will totally surprise us with this. But I think there is a 'spy' within the goverment.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also like to add Kuma sent the SHs to 3 known places which possess known hostility to the WG. Kuma sent Luffy to Amazon Lily, home to Shichibukai Boa Hancock who detests the WG, sent Robin to Tequila Wolf, which was immediately overran with Revolutionaries, and sent Sanji to Momoiro Island, home to Ivankov, one of the leading Revolutionists.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast