Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A friend in the World Government!?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Poneglyph420's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: A friend in the World Government!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    Fan DAn? Mayor of Luffys hometown was Woop Slap. And Dadan is the mysterious caretaker/sensei of Luffy and Ace. And Woop Slap knows him.

I've thinking Kuma as a good guy (and a traitor/revulotionary) ever since his behaviour at Thrille Bark. And therefore Vegapunk is probaply 'friendly' too. Maybe instead of being Vegapunks "bodyguard" Sentoumaru is actually more like a "watchdog" and that Vegapunk is forced to work for WG. And when he built Kuma into a cyborg, he either entered somekinda program, or otherwise "clicked" with the pirate, who is now helping him as a doublespy.

But nah, I think Oda will totally surprise us with this. But I think there is a 'spy' within the goverment.
    I have been thinking the same thing since Thriller Bark. I also have questioned why Kuma is noted as being the only truly "loyal" Shichibukai? Makes sense if he's really working for Vegapunk.

But since we've seen Momoiro Island, maybe Don Flamingo has some tie..?
    I doubt it but could be?....

But seeing Kuma having some sort of inner conflict seems to show he has a motive beyond the service of his position... Which makes it seem more likely... Also seems like the WG has more up it's sleeve....

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Spaceman-Spiff's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A friend in the World Government!?

If Dadan is one of the Gorousei, things will be interesting indeed .

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be cool if Dadan was Gorousei..but I thought they lived in Mariejois..? If so Luffy and Ace would have had some recollection of the holy city. But since it's someone Garp trusted they must be a powerful member of either the Marines or WG.

I'd actually want him to be a self exiled Gorousei, who did so to raise Luffy and Ace..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think that Vegapunk has a lot to do with this. I believe that Kuma follows Vegapunk more than the actual World Government. Vegapunk is such a shady character with so little information. Maybe Vegapunk found out many new things while working with WG that he decided to go against them and work with someone else. Since Oda is such a genius, the connections between everyone is so incredible - anything goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels it finds darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." - "Reaper Man" by Terry Pratchett

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if anyone already said it but, doesnt it kinda feel that when Kuma spoke to Rayleigh, he was telling him about Ace being Roger son, and the execution was all about it?? What else could be of Rayleigh interest..

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rayleigh knew about Ace. But decided to keep his distance in order to protect him. But this chapter did bring up some more questions about Iva's and Kuma's relationship. And which side of the fence Kuma is really playing on.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BlindMunkey's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Dunno if anyone already said it but, doesnt it kinda feel that when Kuma spoke to Rayleigh, he was telling him about Ace being Roger son, and the execution was all about it?? What else could be of Rayleigh interest..
    haha nice.. if that is true Rayleigh will show up there considering he got away safely from fight with admiral. that is interesting. good point
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope more light gets shed on Iva's and Kuma's relationship in the upcoming chapter. I just have a feeling that Kuma may end up having a pretty interesting past. And i guess we now know what Kuma meant when he told Luffy that they won't meet ever again. Hes an interesting character.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poneglyph420 View Post
    It would be cool if Dadan was Gorousei..but I thought they lived in Mariejois..? If so Luffy and Ace would have had some recollection of the holy city. But since it's someone Garp trusted they must be a powerful member of either the Marines or WG.

I'd actually want him to be a self exiled Gorousei, who did so to raise Luffy and Ace..
    thing is, how long have the gorosuei been around. im sure they change members after one dies or retires. maybe the gurosei were all admirals and fleet admirals at one point and becoming a gorousei is a promotion. if you look at them, they all have scars so im sure they were fighters at one point.

whoever dadan is, im sure he is a beast. best guess is that he is a gurousei. he trained luffy and ace. we have seen all the bigwigs for the WG, and we all know their names except for the gurousei.

i loke your theory about him being an exiled gurosei because then that would explain why garp is just a vice admiral. since sengoku knows about ace and luffy, maybe the world government punished dadan and garp for raising and keeping them hidden

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I sure as hell don't think that all Gorosei are attached to Mariejoia and can't go on a vacation or travel somewhere.

But Dadan being a Gorosei is pretty random. And highly unlikely. He'd be raising the guy who he's trying to kill now. Dadan is probably a woman anyway.
    Too much men for my taste.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Dadan is Mrs. Garp....
    LOL

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't Dadan raising both of them for a few years at least? I don't see a one of the highest political leader away to raise some1 else children. Imo one of the most illogical prediction. Not that anyone has to care for my opinion.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen any predictions of Dadan as a Gorousei. It would indeed be illogical to predict such. I do think it would be cool, but have no information either way. One thing is for sure Dadan has some tie to Garp and raised Ace and Luffy. We can assume and discuss, but predictions involve evidence.

We clearly have no such evidence.

It's on. Like Donkey Kong

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what do we know about dadan? he help raise and train luffy and ace. he is also very close to garp. also that whoop slap knows him too and wondered then dadan know about luffy gaining a 300 million berri bounty.

from that i can say that dadan has some fighting skill.

since garp trusted him enough to raise his 2 boys then he trusts dadan a lot.

dadan cant be a pirate. remember when garp told luffy that shanks had
    influenced him to be a pirate, if dadan had been a pirate then garp would have thought dadan influenced luffy to be a pirate and wouldnt have made that statement about shanks.

dadan has to be around the age of garp and whoop slap, and since garp trusst dadan so much they either grew up together or he meet dadan when he joined the marines.

also dadan is neither a VA, an admiral, or a fleet admiral. dadan is not one of the NW pirates who has been shown so far. there is a small chance he is the last yonkou, but i doubt it.

this is my guess. i think when the WG found out that dadan and garp had raised the sons of 2 international criminals, they both got punished. garp went down to VA, and dadan was fired

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

That's impossible for Dadan to be a Gorusei ! Come on, Garp trusting so much a person that leads the world government, giving him Ace - son of the PK - and Luffy - son of the Dragon -, that's just foolish. Even if Dadan was his best friend, Garp could not have gave him them because he would have known that Dadan's duty and position could make him kill his grandsons. So, I bet that Dadan isn't in an organization, he is someone that can be trusted because of his friendship and because he has no obligations of duty.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast