Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply

Thread: How long do u think DGM will reach the final battle within monthly pace?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member andrewsungchehau's Avatar
    Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

How long do u think DGM will reach the final battle within monthly pace?

This might be a bit early. How long will DGM manga be complete since it change from weekly to monthly now??

I kind of know that it depends on a chapters pace. It might take 3-4 monthly chapters to know. But anyway, do you guys/gals think that it will complete within 1-2 years or spend more than 2-3 years??

I actually kind of like it to complete within 1-2 years since it's now monthly instead of weekly. Also, hope the storyline and pacing can be more better than weekly pacing.

If we can have around 40-50 pages of content every month with something similar to chp 187 I would be satisfy.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How long will DGM manga need to complete in monthly pace??

As it goes now were still in 3rd stage

Stage1->Allen starts his journey-china/seavoyage<
    stage2->Allen recovers innocence-return to Order<
    stage3->Arival lvl4- .....

Even if it were only 3 stages it would take at least a year to complete, but i expect there to be a stage4. I asume this stage will end with the arival of the 14th. Notice that every stage focusses on Allens new power, Stage 1 revolves around his Arm/claw, stage 2 about his crown clown belt/cape, stage 3 his sword, even tho his sword is revealed in stage 2. So either within this stage or in the next Allens innocence or perhaps the noah will evolve/show up. Allen simply lacks the power atm to defeat the earl.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I just know the final battle seems to begin now so it will not take too long to finish DGM . (too early to say )

but Im pretty sure if it stays in WSJ, it will finish more quickly than in SQ, assuming no hiatus.

just count how many plots left then u can have some ideas how many chapters left.

Cross , the 14th, 13noahs, the central, etc....

oops, I cant count lol...
    MyList of reading n watching

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Nah, I don't think it'll end so early. This is probably the Noahs' mission to eliminate all the people related to the egg fragment in the North America's possession, like someone said in the chapter discussion thread. Besides, we still have no idea what the third side of the war is, and even if they reveal that in this battle, we have yet to see the 14th come out for a period of time longer than that in chapter 184.

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
    but Im pretty sure if it stays in WSJ, it will finish more quickly than in SQ, assuming no hiatus.
    This. We're actually getting less per year now - it'll take DGM much longer to reach its ending when chapters are monthly.

Before this chapter, I would've said we had years to go... perhaps four or five of them. Now, I'm not so sure. I do think it'll last a while, though. Hoshino's under no pressure but her own to finish the series, and I'd say Shueisha would prefer DGM to be as long as possible at this rate. It sells too well. So unless she wants to wrap it up, I think DGM will still need at least three years, maybe four to finish.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Just comment a bit on the pace of ch.187. DGM has been ongoing for 5 years n it does make sense to reach another half of the story. The third side war should be the next stage meaning DGM is moving on to the second/last part. All noahs show up suddenly means Hoshino can concentrate on the third side war rather than introducing new noahs one by one. Well, if Hoshino kept slowing down its pace n DGM would be totally screwed up.

So, its fine to move on and somehow it has to end someday in the future.
    MyList of reading n watching

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 211 Discussion/212 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Cez View Post
    Not gonna call her lazy though, but I do find it lacking, nevertheless, it's better than nothing and one has to be thankful to even get her story to begin with.

What I do ponder about though, D.Gray-Man is phasing like the other big shounens, so, in other words, it's really, really many chapters in the past, a whole 211 to be specific. Lets assume we're between halfway, and a third left to go in chapters.

211 chapters, assuming we get 49 chapters normally a year, D.gray-Man would have been around for 4.3 years.
    Assuming the Manga was purely by monthly from the start, it'd taken through 12 months but assuming 10 chapters, 21,1 YEARS!!

Now if we're only halfway, to a third left, or who knows how much left, then that's between 17-21 years to go before we get a conclusion... MAAAN, I'm gonna be old by then!

Either way, I don't think it's gonna take so long, either we get normal chapters weekly again one day in the near future, or, it's end very, very soon, meaning within the near future the Earl will loose/die.

Thoughts on this chapter onto this? Do you think the manga will conclude any time in the near future, chapter vice?

You know, I worry about that too... DGM has a very big deep plot, and the monthly chapters don't show too much plot progress. Compared to say, FMA, which finished in ~100 chapters, that series covered quite a bit of area and plot each chapter... AnE is pretty deep into it's plot with 30 chapters at the moment...
    I wonder what will happen...? I doubt they'll let the series run for another 21 years, but at the same time, what can they do to progress the plot without ruining the series? force Hoshino to draw 50 pages a month? or switch it back to monthly? I feel like if they decide to wrap it up in, say, another ~5 years, i feel like that would be too fast for this particular series. I mean, I foresee that Allen turning into the 14th is a climax of sorts, but i highly doubt we'll have the final exorcist vs Earl stand right when allen turns.... so, that adds another few chapter just to get to know the 14th...gah. this story is hard to predict >.<''

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 211 Discussion/212 Prediction

I hope this is not off topic, but since you are talking about this, i'll tell you guys what i think: most probably this series wont last 211 more chapters. Let's say 60-70? The plot develop in a different speed in the monthly format, but the plot developed quite little in the last year.

This series cant last forever (although i could be really happy if, at the end, i see how dgm finish) but i hope they end the plot and they dont just cancel the serialization. If necesary, Hoshino-sensei can finish this story in 20 more chps, but that could be a not very deep plot... (but they can always close different story lines with novels and that stuff (like the flashback in the last novel)

300 chapters sounds good. That's 9 more years.

The big deal here is the author health.
    *fingers crossed*

(Btw, happy new year 2012 -in the 212 chapter thread )

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The problem is that 12/13 of the Noah are still alive (I'm not counting Nea because his status as an antagonist is dubious). It'll take a while to finish them all off without rushing things.

Wisely - Nea/Allen should kill him during this arc, even though Hoshino will never do that
    Fiddler - Lavi should kill him during his upcoming arc
    Sherril - He should die sooner than later.
    Mightra - He'll probably be a silly one-off villain, like Jasdevi, but not as much of a threat.
    Mercyma - I have a feeling that he'll die later on in the series. He's the Noah of Mercy, so he may end up being a tragic figure.
    Lulu Bell - I have no idea how she'll die, but it'll be after the previously mentioned Noah, and before the rest.
    Jasdevi - Krory will probably kill them during his final time in the limelight.
    Tryde - He has the potential to be a real badass. I have a feeling that he'll make it pretty far.
    Tyki - He'll die near the end.
    Road - She'll die near the end. I have a feeling that she's going to sacrifice herself for Allen or whatever.
    The Earl - He'll obviously be the last to die.

The fact that the Noah can regenerate also poses a problem. If Hoshino brights back Wrathra, that's another Noah that has to be killed. And there's also the three Third Exorcists that have to be saved/killed, and Apocryphos has to be defeated... Ugh.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

The truth is... you dont need to kill the noah one by one. If you as the author are in a hurry... it's not the first time we see something like this. Although ofc, I'd prefer a loooooonger story and development

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member just_a_girl's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Hoshino decides to wrap it up quickly -- and there's no indication of that so far -- I think it''l take her at least 25 chapters or so without ruining it completely, so there'll be a couple of years more of this manga anyway.))

As for the Noah getting killed, they don't even all have to die. Obviously, the Earl needs to be defeated in some final way, but Tyki and Road at least may very well survive. That'll save about 5 chapters lol. Besides, Allen has already spared Tyki's life once and demonstrated the lack of desire to finish him off due to him still being vaguely human; and Road protected Allen from Apocryphos. And they're popular characters.

All in all, it's not like we can influence the situation in any way, so I suppose we might as well enjoy what we get and stop worrying about whether it goes on for another decade for only a year. So long as it doesn't get cancelled out of the blue, it's fine.=)
    Last edited by just_a_girl; January 02, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
    There's no such thing as too much sleep.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not in a looooong time.

Hoshino said in an interview that the finale has become progressively further and further away. The good thing is that she has important events of the story planned out before DGM was even serialized, which means she does have a certain ending/direction in mind; the trouble is how she's going to get there.

Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just realize I actually open this thread. haha.
    It's been more than 2 years since DGM changed to monthly release.
    Thanks for the reply.
    There has been quite a lot happened in DGM, like Kanda story, second n third exorcist,Noah like Wisely and Sheril get more screen, Earl human form, 14th name, Allen starting noahification, Apo-chan, Allen escaped, Kanda crytalization, Zhu died, Lavi and Bookman kidnapped, Black Order situation, Kanda and Johnny search for Allen. There's also time skip after Allen escaped from Apo-chan.
    Currently we have Allen-Kanda-Johnny situation, Allen and 14th, and Lavi and Bookman situation. There are of course more.

Now that I think about it, I should name this thread as "how long do u think DGM will reach the final battle within monthly pace?"

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Would you like me to change it?

As for how long, I think it should last more than three years since Hoshino still has a lot of plots to deal with (e.g. Allen and the 14th, the Black Order, Lavi, etc.). Of course, she might have some health issues...

Country
    Brunei
    Post Thanks / Like

riki: yea, thanks.

Yea, there's still lots of plot b4 final battle IMO. That's why I wanna change it.

New Reply