Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: This Week Golden 23 Goal 2, 3 - Discussions and Predictions

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week Golden 23 Goal 3 - Discussions and Predictions

I agree, but I'd exclude Aoi and Akai too, since they are new guys introduced in World Youth.
    I don't really care about Nakanishi, Morisaki, Kisugi, Taki and the likes though. They can be replaced by the RJ11 or other new characters as long as it's on the bench.

Any prediction on what will be the starting line up in the first test match against Danemark?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering most of Road to 2002 was about Tsubasa and that the final 30-40 chapters were completely devoted to him, having an all-Tsubasa chapter as early as the 3rd of Golden-23 is somewhat irritating to me. I was MUCH more interested in seeing what kind of coaching Kira would use and how the players would change under his guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinji View Post
    Any prediction on what will be the starting line up in the first test match against Danemark?
    Nitta will play, don't really care about the rest

Seriously though, here's a vague prediction (given I don't know anything about how Kira will train the players or how the new guys fare compared to the ones we've known for a while):

GK: Wakashimazu
    DF: Soda
    DF: Matsuyama
    DF: Jito
    DF: Ishizaki/Long-legged guy from RJ7
    MF: Misaki
    MF: Misugi
    MF: Yumikura
    FW: One of the futsal boys
    FW: The other of the futsal boys
    FW: Nitta

Concerning the futsal duo, I don't know if they'll start, but I'm sure they'll get a lot of the spotlight, since they need to be introduced into the story in fashion, like Akai was. That's why I'm saying they'll be among the starters, although they might come into play later and turn the tide of the game
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hikaru Matsuyama's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is my prediction

GK Wakashimazu (Since Genzou is not around, and Morisaki and Nakanishi have no chance against him Ken will play 99%.)

I don't think defense line will be different.

Jitou
    Souda
    Matsuyama
    Ishizaki

For the midfield, I expect a lot from these three: Misugi, Misaki and Yumikura. With 'em I guess Izawa will play.

For forward players I'm agree with chaos_master. (except Nitta)
    Last edited by Hikaru Matsuyama; August 23, 2009 at 08:32 AM.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

What's wrong with Nitta? He's been Japan's second choice forward since the Junior level

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hikaru Matsuyama's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Well don't judge me my friend it's only a prediction.

And in fact I am very big fan of him, nothing's wrong with Nitta of course. Like I said it's my prediction. Maybe in this match coach Kira will say "Okay Nitta, watch carefully these two futsal players and try to learn something" I don't know.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

woot the 3rd one is here, i'm really glad shinji is still releasing even though he's on vacation =]!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week Golden 23 Goal 2 - Discussions and Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by abo3omar View Post
    I liked continuing about the RJ7..but Hino had a japanese nationality didn't he?
    FIFA rule is that as long as at least one of your grandparents is or was a citizen of a country, you're qualified to play for their national team.

Hino had Japanese family, so despite the fact that he was born in Uruguay and is a Uruguayan citizen he could play for the Japanese team as well. But of course he didn't feel any loyalty towards Japan.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

About Hino, there's also a rule stating that once you've played for a country's youth side in an official game, you can't play for another country at that level again. Same goes for a country's senior side.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanx 4 the info guys =)
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Virusbluemage's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Been a while since I posted here, I'll try to be here more often now. I'm liking Golden 23 so far. I love the return of the the RJ7/11 and the two mystery players. I hope at least one of those Futsal players make the team and I hope those two mystery players make the team as well. I want some new Blood in the Japanese U-23, it'll probably be boring if it's just the same characters again especially since some of them are pretty much useless. I hope one of those mystery players is a forward, Japan needs another dependable strikers besides Hyuuga, I'm suck of Nitta, when was the last time we saw him score a goal? I'd like to see more players on the team with an actual presence.
    Last edited by Virusbluemage; August 24, 2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It may be difficult but you must find a way to win. It's there, just find it.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

He scored against italy youth... And let's not forget the superb assist during the 25th anniversary.

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virusbluemage View Post
    I'm suck of Nitta, when was the last time we saw him score a goal? I'd like to see more players on the team with an actual presence.
    There's no way I'm letting that go!!!

So why do you think Nitta should be replaced instead of expanded upon? I think this is the aim of this part of Golden 23 - to give the players other than the top protagonists a chance to show their stuff. The way Kira said he wants players with a specialty and that he will rotate everyone since he believes them to be capable of evolving further also supports this view of mine. I agree this manga could do well with some fresh blood, but I also don't want old characters getting sent to the bench, when they have so much potential.
    Nitta can become a great forward and some away time for Hyuga should serve to prove that! He's Japan's fastest player and you don't eed to look further than Uruguay's Victorino to see how that can be exploited. Moreover, he's shown to be capable of learning very quickly and his new karate-based moves have barely been shown.
    Misaki had almost no screen time in World Youth and the last match he was really given attention was the one against France in the Junior Youth tournament. It's high time he showed he can pull the team without Tsubasa
    Misugi is almost as talented as Tsubasa and while that has been shown numerous times, now that Ozora isn't in the team, Misugi can really shine. With Misaki he can make a great combi by playing a more offensive role in midfield or he could move to the wing and become Japan's centering machine, while using his technique to dribble past defenders and getting into the penalty area when the opponent starts preventing him from passing.

Everyone else also has room for improvement or skills well suited for an alternative position which will let us see that character in new light, but those are the ones I have high expectations of

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Even Tsubasa was pretty much useless against Brazil until Misaki came in and the whole japan started to play on the offense.

In fact, no one is useless since almost everyone contributed during the World Youth arc (even players like Kishida or Takasugi against Thailand), but if every japanese players own their opponents everytime, then the opponent team won't look strong at all.

Also, I remember newcomer Aoi "stealing" actions that some players of the "old" golden age could have done (he didn't exactly "steal" but I was always thinking: it could have been done by someone else...), as well as Akai who pretty much "stole" the job of defensive players against Sweden.

So, while I'm glad that Tsubasa and the others are away for now, to give more space to the rest of the golden age, I'm also afraid that the "new blood" will once again "steal" actions that the old Golden age could have done...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2