Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Eshvoide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Even with the cheats it was that hard? Yeah PS1 games were crazy, I remember Resident Evil 1 being hard...PS1 games are much harder then Ps2 and Ps3.
    I only had the infinite health cheat. But for that bridge boss, you have to defeat him before he got to the end and if you fell, you had to start ALL the way from the beginning. You're fighting the boss and it's a bunch of platforms that you have to jump to and there's almost a good chance the enemy can hit you while your traveling from platform to platform.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk...I have a workstation.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SparkHunter13's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Wiegraf, Final Fantasy Tactics.

That sunuvabitch just will not die (easily).

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Eshvoide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, FFT was pretty hard for the PSX but I haven't tried on the PSP. I hated the f---ing rooftop battle trying to save Rafa.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk...I have a workstation.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

I know that this doesn't really qualify as a boss but...

The Hallway leading up to Voidreaver and A'lar in TK (WoW:TBC).

That are alone caused more wipes than actual bosses (sans Kael) in TK.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Dive's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon Warrior VII's final boss. Oh my. Five different frickin' forms. All annoying as heck.

Oh wait. Never mind. Operation Darkness's Mission 26; Mission 26 is a boss mission. Three bosses and a tank (along with numerous cronies). Then things get better:
    Spoiler: Minor Mission spoiler show
    Last edited by Dive; December 22, 2009 at 06:16 PM.
    To die by your side
    Well, the pleasure - the privilege is mine

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Dragon Age: Origins- in order

1. Ser Cauthrien (First encounter)
    2. Flemeth
    3. High Dragon
    4. Arch Demon (Only because My parties normally consist of melee characters...)
    Last edited by Paper; December 29, 2009 at 06:02 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Fantasy X's dark aeons give me nightmares...

Other candidate should be KH's Sephiroth

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never really had too much trouble with any boss. Some take a few tries or 20 to take down, but nothing I got stuck on for several days/weeks. The only boss I could think of is the 2nd boss in Super Mario on Super Nintendo

I was a kid back then, 4 years old or something. And dumb as I was I couldn't figure out how to kill him. For those of you who don't have awesome memory of such an awesome game, you basically just have to wait for the boss to fall down from the roof in an attempt to hit you, and jump on his belly while he recovers from the miss. Repeat 3 times and he's dead. Again dumb as I was I couldn't figure it out, but I was young so give me a break, and games were fairly new to me at that age. Infact it was my FIRST video game ever except for game machines that only had Tetris etc. Anyway I was stuck on him a day I think so nothing major, and young as I was I didn't play THAT long in a row so I can't say I got stuck on him too long. But as far as my memory serves me now that's the boss I had the most trouble with as I actually didn't beat him on my own before I knew how to do it. Wanna know how I learned how to kill him? My MOM killed him while I was in the kindergarden! I couldn't believe my eyes, it's the only game my Mom has ever found funny to play. I was both furious and proud, a strange mixture.

I do think I have a boss I had major troubles with though, perhaps even a boss I never cleared. But I can't recall which and even which game it is. So it might be nothing, but it really does feel like there's a dormant memory lurking in the shadows of my brain. If I recall it I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paperman View Post
    Dragon Age: Origins- in order

1. Ser Cauthrien (First encounter)
    2. Flemeth
    3. High Dragon
    4. Arch Demon (Only because My parties normally consist of melee characters...)
    All of those are extremely easy if you have a good party and are an experienced player ^_^

On my first round I couldn't be arsed against Cauthrien so I just got myself captured to proceed in the game. Flemeth I skipped because I had to change out Morrigan and had no real good substitute, so again I took the easy way out. High Dragon went down in first attempt though alot of potions were consumed. And Arch Dragon I killed with my tank and rogue (MC) alone. My casters Morrigan and Wynne died right away :P

On my second I beat them all first try. Cauthrien is extremely easy with Alistair as a tank (I had Shale on my 1st run through). Morrigan was my healer, I barely healed though. Alistair could almost tank Cauthrien without any heals (awesome I know). My rogue killed her almost alone in like 15 seconds, his damage was insane when I knew how to actually specc and gear him properly. Flemeth and High dragon were EXTREMELY easy on my 2nd play through, even easier on my 3rd, haha. Arch Dragon always kills my casters as I can't be arsed to watch their backs. But my rogue could tank AND kill him alone so it was no problem.

Dragon Age is basically extremely easy if you just know how to play the game properly. To get a proper challenge you really have to play with less than 4 characters, I tried with my rogue all alone, but I got bored as it was my 4th play through.

(I played normal on my 1st, hard on my 2nd and nightmare on my 3rd btw).
    Last edited by 3c; February 25, 2010 at 07:53 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hardest bosses? Hmm I'll go with Alma from Ninja Gaiden. Died sooooooo many times against her I lost count. Also Gyorg from LoZ: Majora's Mask. That bastard was almost impossible to kill unless you had the health upgrade and searching for those fairies in the temple was such a pain in the ass. A lot of the DMC bosses were also pretty freaking tough. In Resident Evil 4, there was Verduago, and I didn't know you could run from him so I spent a long time trying to kill him, only to waste all my ammo and getting killed. Dragon Age was also pretty hard the first time, I swear the PC version made my rage so hard against Cautrian or w/e. Didn't know you could just skip that and go to jail, I had to exploit and kite her into a room before I killed her with almost no health, and party members left. Her sword was pretty kick ass though. Not a boss, but in Mass Effect 2, there were those really fucking annoying enemies called scions or something, holy shit they could tank shots and dish out loads of damage. Eventually had to start using my heavy weapons on them.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

3cmm- I normally play Hard/ Nightmare off the bat.

The Ser Cathurien I was referring to was the one in the estate's entrance, while you're trying to sneak Anora out. It's tough even in normal without traps, having traps turns it into a cakewalk (no matter what difficulty).

Things got progressively easier as I progressed on with three different runs. I'd have to say that The easiest was as an Arcane Warrior. I could actually afford to solo tough encounters (i.e. Ser Cathurien-1st) in a breeze.

I'm currently trying to solo the game as a Dwarf Noble (reaver/champion) in nightmare mode... definitely not as easy soloing as an AW!
    Last edited by Paper; February 25, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, did you kill her in the room with the archers? That's insanely hard if you did. I had to kite Cauthrien back through the hallway and into another big room. At most a few mobs tagged along that I could kill in seconds. But the archer room is damn hard to kill her in, I'd even say it's almost impossible. I had an AW (MC) on my 2nd run through, but he kinda sucked. I don't think I knew how to play him efficiently, and frankly I didn't care at some point as the rogue in my party could kill anyone in no-time all by himself. So my AW was just tagging along for fun. Soloing the game is pretty hard indeed, maybe I'll try it again when the expansion comes out

@CBlitz: Ninja Gaiden was pretty hard indeed! There's a boss there that I actually had a damn hard time against and almost gave up! I don't recall the name. Alma is the one in the cathedral isn't it? (Damn how on earth do I remember that!). If so then it wasn't her. It was a boss before the big last tower or something IIRC. That one was pretty tough.

This is not a boss fight, but one of the masks in LoZ: Majora's Mask is DAMN hard to get. You have to play for hours and do everything flawlessly and of course with a timer as the moon is crashing into the earth. There's absolutely no way I would have been able to get it without walkthroughs back in the day, and even then I failed several times (resulting in hours of repeating the same cycle everytime).

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I did it in the room with the archers
    1st- warrior, died
    2nd- AW, the only damage dealt to me was dealt by me (blood magic )
    3rd- rogue, kited to Anora's room with the hallway lined with traps= CAKEWALK!

I can't wait till the expansion comes out, I just hope that it poses more of a challenge than the current one!
    Last edited by Paper; February 26, 2010 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Capitalization

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, your 3rd one was really dirty

I never really used traps as I'm a really "rambo type" of player. If I can I just run head on with my warrior first and backstab everyone to death with my rogue. I've heard that the last boss in the expansion will be way more challenging compared to the last boss in the original atleast. Which is a good thing. Arch Demon was incredibly easy.

Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the hardest part was being a melee toon when he's on that "island"

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I just came up with an incredibly hard boss. I admit it, I played WoW before any expansions came out. And for those of you who have played the original WoW and been to AQ40, C'thun rings any bells? My guild wiped over a 100 times on the last boss there, C'thun. That boss was excruciatingly hard. It was just absurdly difficult back in the day, haha. I can say witout any doubts even without thinking, that C'thun was the boss I've used most hours on ever. Anyone who have played MMO's should know how much work lies before the boss can even be attempted if he's really hard. Preperations, walking, tactics, discussions, attempts and wiping, more discussions > REPEAT.

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast