Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Weapon_X's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

So who are those bosses that really kicked your butts a lot of times??? The bosses who made you loose even when you were like 1% away from killing him?The bosses who made you reset your game a numerous times??

My hardest boss I've ever fought is in FF12 the last hunt Yaizamat. It takes like 2 whole hours(literally,the guy's life is massive and you have to play 2 continous hours) to kill the guy, he was the hardest ever. The other bosses were damn hard in other games as well but it didn't take me 2 hours though.
    ..: Greatest Doujutsu Prodigies :..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Eshvoide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

Which boss in Soukaigi?
    - Bridge Boss or ALMOST every f---ing boss in the game
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk...I have a workstation.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't remember much, but for now the obvious Ultima Weapon FF7. It was before the time I was acquainted with the interwebz so you can imagine -.-;;
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eshvoide View Post
    Which boss in Soukaigi?
    - Bridge Boss or ALMOST every f---ing boss in the game
    It can be any boss in any game.

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    Can't remember much, but for now the obvious Ultima Weapon FF7. It was before the time I was acquainted with the interwebz so you can imagine -.-;;
    Damn, never played FF7 You played FF12?
    Last edited by Weapon_X; August 21, 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Strangely, they all felt same for me. Never been stuck with a single boss for long. Anyway, I did had some trouble with the second last boss (forget the name) in Devil May Cry 4.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Rainier's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some trouble with Ultimecia in FF8, but that was because I was 10 and didn't speak english by that time...lol.

Same happened with some boss in FFX, i don't remember which one though.

Fricking.Awesome.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ibra87's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weapon_X View Post
    Damn, never played FF7 You played FF12?
    You should. The story is one of the best, just don't play it expecting it to be the ultimate FF story ever like every fanboy wants you to . And I only got to play FF12 for a while before my PS2's laser broke down, so I didn't really get to fight any hard boss.
    Tiger, Tiger.

Let it be known far and wide
    I cheer for Saint-Etienne from the bottom of my heart

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Strangely, they all felt same for me. Never been stuck with a single boss for long. Anyway, I did had some trouble with the second last boss (forget the name) in Devil May Cry 4.
    Oh you meean Creed? That old guy at the end when you have to fight him as Dante, right? I can't remember much from DMC4 but the hardest "boss" in DMC4 was that electric guy...he was hard to kill <.<

Quote Originally Posted by -Soul Sorcerer- View Post
    I had some trouble with Ultimecia in FF8, but that was because I was 10 and didn't speak english by that time...lol.

Same happened with some boss in FFX, i don't remember which one though.
    I remember playing FFX until they reach the blitzball island...and then I put the game down because it was so boring lol never touched it again...

Quote Originally Posted by ibra87 View Post
    You should. The story is one of the best, just don't play it expecting it to be the ultimate FF story ever like every fanboy wants you to . And I only got to play FF12 for a while before my PS2's laser broke down, so I didn't really get to fight any hard boss.
    I know the story a bit, like no one expected Sephiroth to kill that woman, right? Apparently that was a huge revelation in the game...oh right, well in FF12 there are lots of hard bosses LOL I had to fight this guy called Yaizamat and it literally takes 2 whole hours to kill him because his life is sooooooo long
    Last edited by Weapon_X; August 22, 2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Usually, I try to beat and do every little thing in a game, but with FFXII... I gave up after a while. It wasn't that hard, but just so bloody time consuming finding items and whatnot that I never got to Yaziamat.

Anyways... one of the hardest bosses that I can remember was Sephiroth in KH. I found him pretty easy in KHII, but not KH... It took me a pretty good amount of time before I could get the best of him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It can be any boss in any game.
    You play Soukaigi?
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk...I have a workstation.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, I think it was Abyssion, in Tales of symphonia. If I had to fight him now I guess I would be alright, but at the time I didn't really know all of the game mechanics yet, and I probably used pretty bad EX-skills too, so it was REALLY hard. Beating him makes the rest of the game so much easier though, it was well worth it

And I think I could never beat Magneto in X-Men : Children of the Atom. First fighting game I ever played. Too bad my Saturn died

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

You play Soukaigi?
    No sorry But I know it's for the PS1, was the game that hard that you found every boss hard?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Shrimp up there that Abyssion was a tough one. Probably one of the longest boss fights I've ever fought, but it didn't take me a lot of tries. Two or three, tops.

But some of the most dangerous bosses I've ever seen are from one of the first videogames I've played: the original Star Fox, for the SNES (also known as Star Wing). Most of the bosses on the easiest route aren't that difficult (except Phantron II and Andross, kinda), but the bosses on the other routes are a whole different story. The Plasma Hydra and Metal Smasher took me YEARS to kill. Blade Barrier was hard, Monarch Dodora was effing lethal, Spinning Core too and I never beat the Great Commander in his second form, thus I've never truly completed the game.

Legion, the final boss in Shadowman (for the N64), was probably the hardest boss I've ever faced. Took me countless tries and all you get is a shoddy ending. (but at least killing the fucker was satisfactory)

Recently, though, some of the hardest bosses I've fought were from Ninja Gaiden II, especially Alexei. I beat him with only the LAST shred of health that I had left. Really close.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No sorry But I know it's for the PS1, was the game that hard that you found every boss hard?
    Well, I beat the 1st (that old guy), 2nd (construction site boss?), and 3rd bosses, but after that it just went downhill... though I never played it properly, but all I knew when I got to the bridge boss, it was just UTTER hell that even a cheat took me 3 days to finally beat (aka get a hang of it).

I'm really hating Kurohime (PS2). The enemy is WAY too cheap.

Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemistakes View Post
    Usually, I try to beat and do every little thing in a game, but with FFXII... I gave up after a while. It wasn't that hard, but just so bloody time consuming finding items and whatnot that I never got to Yaziamat.

Anyways... one of the hardest bosses that I can remember was Sephiroth in KH. I found him pretty easy in KHII, but not KH... It took me a pretty good amount of time before I could get the best of him.
    Really? That was my fav part of the game, finding items etc. It was just fun, challenging as well. There are so many things to get in the game that I even haven't done yet...secret traps, locations etc...it was just fun playing it for hours and hours, you don't even notice the time go by.

Damn, haven't played KH1 or 2 though I was planning to but never got the chance around it...

Well, I beat the 1st (that old guy), 2nd (construction site boss?), and 3rd bosses, but after that it just went downhill... though I never played it properly, but all I knew when I got to the bridge boss, it was just UTTER hell that even a cheat took me 3 days to finally beat (aka get a hang of it).

I'm really hating Kurohime (PS2). The enemy is WAY too cheap.
    Even with the cheats it was that hard? Yeah PS1 games were crazy, I remember Resident Evil 1 being hard...PS1 games are much harder then Ps2 and Ps3.

You played Devil May Cry? That has some hard bosses...
    Last edited by Weapon_X; August 27, 2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast