Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

LOD ... I had no trouble with the endboss and I certainly wasn't at that level . Weird.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Any boss in The King of Fighters saga, especially Rugal.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Aries from GoW.... he wasn't that hard, but I got in a slump. I was so pissed with the weapon change and his counters that I wasn't thinking straight... I was just dying out here for hours.
    Then my brother forced me to take a break(his console). When I come back I just beat the crap out of Aries in the second try(what make more pissed since he wasn't that hard).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Either Ruby or Emerald Weapon from FF7. Cloud was such a bad-ass character back in the day.
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that the The Harvester from Dragon Age(one of the expansions) was the hardest...hours and hours of gameplay went into defeating that ugly mofo...and the first part wasn't even that hard...I mean getting rid of the main body is not that difficult....but dealing with the second part, where all sorts of tough skeletons appear...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

That God damn T-rex in the first Turok and half the bosses in the 1st Ninja Gaiden for Xbox take the cake for me.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Can't say my experience with non rpg suggests such a thing lol. Most bosses from most games tend to end up having a pattern for the most part. Once you get that they are all the same.
    Play the orginal Ninja Gaiden for Xbox on Hard and get back to me.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kakashi919's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Super Contra final boss or Ruby Weapon from FF7.

Ruby Weapon was just...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner jamesem92's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I found Ozma in Final Fantasy IX to be tough.
    However if you did the sidequest before hand, Doomsday (one of his toughest moves) can actually benefit you, if you use equipment that absorbs shadow.
    The move that gives you the status effects made it awful.

Both the weapons in Final Fantasy VIII took me a while as well. With Omega, the patterned move set meant it was more a case of just healing at the right time, and quick enough between attacks.

... Luckily Pheonix rescued me in all three of those fights.

I also found Onox's dragon form at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons tough, but I was 9 during my first playthrough. Although he's supposed to be one of the hardest Zelda bosses.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Gantzter127's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know actually... Maybe Raam from gears of war 1 on insane difficulty when I was like 13 or something, it'd be so easy now, I just gotta find the disk.

Yokota Takuma, Tsutomu Nihei and Asano Inio. <3

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member mak123's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Jimpachi from tekken 5. I hate him!

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

without a doubt the omega weapon on FFXII or yiazmat (more for the time than anything else)

those two are not only rediculously difficult (even for a level 99 party) but on FFxii its harder to make your team dominant like the older games (you could basically build an invincible team in FF7, 8 or 10) but you would think you could at least beat some of these bosses at level 99 unless my brothers party just wasnt built right

personally i never played ffxii that much but, i did try to beat these two bosses with my brothers party, it wasnt happening

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jamesem92 View Post
    I found Ozma in Final Fantasy IX to be tough.
    However if you did the sidequest before hand, Doomsday (one of his toughest moves) can actually benefit you, if you use equipment that absorbs shadow.
    The move that gives you the status effects made it awful.

Both the weapons in Final Fantasy VIII took me a while as well. With Omega, the patterned move set meant it was more a case of just healing at the right time, and quick enough between attacks.

... Luckily Pheonix rescued me in all three of those fights.

I also found Onox's dragon form at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons tough, but I was 9 during my first playthrough. Although he's supposed to be one of the hardest Zelda bosses.
    yea i admit that ozma from ffIXwas a badass, but i used amarant freya eiko and zidane and took him out at level 67

i just used the attacks with freya (dragon crest) amarants chaakra ability and zidanes dyne attack to take 9999 every chance i could and spammed eiko's pheonix summoning
    and i barely won but im sure if my level would have been higher than 67 the fight may have been a bit easier, the hardest thing about ozma is that his attacks are so random, so depending on what attack pattern he has he is either beatable or unbeatable, regardless of what you do

about omega in ffVIII this guy was REALLY hard, i just spammed the lion heart, the angelo limit break with rinoa, and tried to use ever GF that i had and i was also bailed out by the phoenix flame, the amazing thing about phoenix in FFVIII is that you can only cast it with a phoenix pinion , and then later in the fight phoenix may or may not appear on his own so after omega wiped my party out with that mageto flame attack or whatever its called, i saw the drop and the phoenix flame

i was amazed , and i used a megalixer a her drink or two and wound up winning the fight, once again by the skin of my teeth

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5