Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I really wish someone would license the Hellsing Ultimate OVAs in the west. I want to watch them in all their blu-ray glory!

EDIT:
    Turns out they have been licensed, just not released in blu-ray format
    Last edited by Crude; August 10, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Probably not worth the investment, if they can't release every episode within a certain timeframe, fearing loss of interest. When will it ever be finished?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Probably not worth the investment, if they can't release every episode within a certain timeframe, fearing loss of interest. When will it ever be finished?
    This actually is the final OVA, it will be finished after this last release. Really looking forward to it, so far Madhouse did a superb job with the OVA's. Wouldn't mind a blu-ray release here when it's finished~

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Uta no Prince-sama new season?

Quote Quote:
    According to the official Twitter account of Tower Record, the second season of Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% was announced to be aired from April 2013. The announcement was made at Maji Love Live 1000% 2nd Stage held in Yokohama.
    Source: MyAnimeList

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Gintama Gets 2nd Film Written by Manga Creator

Quote Quote:
    Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing that the second film of Gintama has been green-lit for next year. The all-new story is written by manga creator Hideaki Sorachi.

The magazine also lists the return of the television anime on October 4, but not necessarily of new episodes. The magazine presented draft layouts from the production of the film.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if this has been mentioned somewhere but JJBA's anime will be produced by David production, the site also has the staff on it

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/jojo-animation/

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New Gintama Anime Episodes to Resume on TV

Quote Quote:
    Sunrise and TV Tokyo's official websites for the Gintama television anime series confirmed on Sunday that Gintama will return every Thursday at 6:00 p.m., starting October 4. In addition to "Yorinuki Gintama-san" (a repeat of selected Gintama anime episodes), the broadcast will include new Gintama episodes. The main staff and cast will return for the new episodes.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Robotics;Notes 2nd PV

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kokoro Connect Staff Issues Statements on Performer's Treatment

Quote Quote:
    On Sunday, the official website for the Kokoro Connect anime issued a statement regarding the treatment of voice actor Mitsuhiro Ichiki at a June 24 advanced screening of the series. Ichiki had auditioned for a character who was not in Sadanatsu Anda's original light novel series, and he was invited to the streamed event, purportedly as a surprise voice cast member.

At the event, the staff and cast informed Ichiki that he would act as the Head of Public Relations for the series, and not as part of the voice cast. The staff and cast revealed to Ichiki that his audition process was fake, in what the news source Netlab reported as a "Candid Camera-style project." (This part of the event can be seen in the event's Ustream archive at the 1:06 mark.)

While Ichiki accepted the position of Public Relations Head, criticism of the event (and the ensuing laughter and teasing he received from other participants) began appearing on online forums. The criticism eventually led an overwhelming flow of comments to the blogs and Twitter accounts of people directly and indirectly involved with the event. That prompted the official statement, signed by "The Entire Staff of Kokoro Connect," which apologizes for "insufficient consideration regarding performers" leading to "widespread discomfort and misunderstanding."
    [Click link for the whole article, it's too big to post everything here]

---------- Post added September 13, 2012 at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was September 04, 2012 at 01:19 PM ----------

2nd Chihayafuru Season Slated for January

Quote Quote:
    A wraparound jacket band for the 18th volume of Yuki Suetsugu's Chihayafuru manga has revealed that the title's upcoming second anime season is slated to begin in January 2013 on Nippon TV-affiliated channels.. Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web website has also reported that the new season will be two quarters (cours/kūru) long.
    ---------- Post added September 14, 2012 at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was September 13, 2012 at 04:22 PM ----------

5th Hetalia Season Titled, Slated for 2013

Quote Quote:
    The fifth anime season inspired by Hidekaz Himaruya's Hetalia manga is slated for 2013 under the tentative title Hetalia: The Beautiful World. Four Japanese DVD box sets for Hetalia - Axis Powers and Hetalia: World Series have also been slated for release on a monthly schedule, beginning on September 26 and going to December 26.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by From Wikipedia
    Madhouse Studios and the producers of the Piano no Mori movie (opening July 21 in Japan) have announced that Aya Ueto, best known for starring in the live-action versions of Azumi and Aim for the Ace!, will headline as Kai Ichinose in this adaptation of Makoto Isshiki's manga. Ryunosuke Kamiki (Spirited Away's Boh, Howl's Moving Castle's Markl) will play Kai's friend and piano-playing rival, Shuhei Amamiya. Mayuko Fukuda (live-action Grave of the Fireflies' Hana) will play the heroine Takako Maruyama, and Hiroyuki Miyasako (Casshern live-action, Kamikaze Girls) will play the mentor Sōsuke Ajino.
    Okay this is the first time I've read about this, and only in Wikipedia- maybe because I don't hang around ANN. Does anybody else have anything on this? I tried searching on Youtube for any clips- if it's released on July 21 then a clip or two must be around somewhere...

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    Okay this is the first time I've read about this, and only in Wikipedia- maybe because I don't hang around ANN. Does anybody else have anything on this? I tried searching on Youtube for any clips- if it's released on July 21 then a clip or two must be around somewhere...
    This news is 5 years old babs the movie has long been released, see here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=7466

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

No I'm talking about the live action Piano no Mori. I saw the animated adaptation already (fell a bit short of my expectations since the manga is super awesome).

I don't see any trailers of the live action floating around the net somehow.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    No I'm talking about the live action Piano no Mori. I saw the animated adaptation already (fell a bit short of my expectations since the manga is super awesome).

I don't see any trailers of the live action floating around the net somehow.
    I think you misunderstood something babs. That text from the wiki page is a perfect copy of the news post ANN made regarding the animated movie.

Look here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...o-no-mori-cast

Makes it very likely that the wiki is talking about the anime movie, especially when you see that this one was released in July

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

okay fine.. my bad. -_- Wiki should fix its mess then

which reminds me I would need to clean up my mess in the Piano no Mori thread

New Reply
Page 12 of 59 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast