Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Shingeki no Kyojin anime briefly listed.

It appears the Project Attack announcement from early this week will actually be a spring anime for Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Wit Studios, a subsidiary of Production I.G., will produce with Tetsurou Araki (Death Note, Guilty Crown, High School of the Dead) directing. The next issue of Bessatsu Shounen Magazine will be published on December 8, the same day Project Attack is scheduled for unveiling.

---------- Post added December 08, 2012 at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was December 05, 2012 at 11:24 AM ----------

Shingeki no Kyojin PV:

Further information about the cast revealed.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

NisiOisin's Monogatari 2nd Season Anime Planned for Fall or Later

Quote Quote:
    Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Newtype magazine is revealing that the television adaptation of the "second season" arc of NisiOisin's Monogatari novels is planned for Fall or later. The six works that make up the "second season" span from Nekomonogatari (White) to Koimonogatari. The staff want to adapt this arc into a 26-episode television series.
    Hanasaku Iroha Film to Open Throughout Japan on March 30

Quote Quote:
    The official website for the Hanasaku Iroha: Home Sweet Home anime film updated with film's nationwide opening date on Friday. The film will run in four theaters in Ishikawa Prefecture on March 9 before opening nationwide on March 30.

Tickets go on sale December 29, and those who order in advance can receive a postcard set featuring characters from the film. A set of five mini tapestries will be sold with one theater ticket on December 29 exclusively at Comic Market 83 at the end of the month.
    ---------- Post added December 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was December 08, 2012 at 11:57 PM ----------

One Piece Film Z's New Ads Preview Enemy, Avril Lavigne's Songs

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

First PV for "near future romance" Hal.

Strobe Edge mangaka Sakisaka Io designed the characters, a manga adaption will debut in Betsuma this spring. Produced by Wit Studio's, Hal is scheduled to debut in Japanese theaters June 8, 2013. Key visuals are now available at the film website.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Story, characters, and key visuals revealed for Suisei no Gargantia.

TV anime, scheduled to begin airing in April. Directed by Murata Kazuya (Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos), written by Urobuchi Gen (Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass), and animated by Production I.G.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

For those who are also wondering about the Live-action adaptation of Attack on Titans/Shingeki no Kyoujin:

Director Nakashima Leaves Live-Action Attack on Titan Film

Quote Quote:
    Film journalist Hiroo Otaka reported on Wednesday that Tetsuya Nakashima (Kamikaze Girls, Confessions, Paco and the Magical Picture Book) has left his position as director of the live-action Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) film. According to film distributor TOHO, Nakajima had considerable creative differences on the scriptwriting and other matters, and as such, he left the project.

Publisher Kodansha is preparing to resume the project, although the new director for the film is still undecided. The movie is still expected to be released in 2014 or later. (Kodansha had reported in 2011 that the film would open in Japan in Fall of 2013 or later.)

A separate television anime adaptation is scheduled to premiere in Japan next spring. Director Tetsuro Araki (Death Note, Highschool of the Dead, Guilty Crown), head writer Yasuko Kobayashi (Shakugan no Shana, Claymore, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure), character designer Kyoji Asano (Psycho-Pass, Tokyo Marble Chocolate), and Wit Studio (in cooperation with Production I.G) are working on this anime project. Yuuki Kaji (Guilty Crown's Shū), Marina Inoue (Psychic Squad's Yūri), and Yui Ishikawa (Heroic Age's Deianeira) are leading the cast.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ghibli announces upcoming movies from co-founders Miyazaki Hayao and Takahata Isao. Takahata Isao's (Grave of the Fireflies, Dog of Flanders) Kaguya-hime no Monogatari and Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu both are scheduled to debut in July 2013.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Evangelion: 3.0 Earns Over 4.1 Billion Yen

Quote Quote:
    As of Wednesday, the Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo (Evangelion Shin Gekijō-ban Q) film has earned 4.17 billion yen (about US$49.9 million) since the film opened on November 17. The film ranked at #4 at the box office during its fourth weekend.

The film's earnings now surpass the total unadjusted box office earnings for 2009's Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance film, which earned 4 billion yen (about US$43 million in 2009).
    Sunrise Makes Mecha Anime Valvrave the Liberator

Quote Quote:
    The anime studio Sunrise aired a commercial early on Friday morning to announce that it is producing the original mecha anime project Valvrave the Liberator (Kakumeiki Valvrave). The tagline in the commercial and on the official website reads: "Expose the World."

The anime will premiere next April.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet PV 1:

---------- Post added December 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2012 at 09:49 AM ----------

New Higurashi anime announced.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Ghibli announces upcoming movies from co-founders Miyazaki Hayao and Takahata Isao. Takahata Isao's (Grave of the Fireflies, Dog of Flanders) Kaguya-hime no Monogatari and Miyazaki's Kaze Tachinu both are scheduled to debut in July 2013.
    I'm planning to check the works of Studio Ghibli soon so this adds in more incentive for me to try those titles out. They seem quite interesting.

New Higurashi is announced as well, not sure what to say, but hopefully it won't be bad.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Miyazaki, there is something so nostalgic about his movies. I can't really explain in words, but his movies feel like they come from a deeper place.

Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm always sad when I watch them in the end. They feel unfinished, yet perfect. So many things are gathered up in one film that in the end you feel it's too much.

Also, The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter? Now that will be something to look forward to, always love it when they go exploring tradition and folklore.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Final Hellsing Ultimate OVA Promo Streamed

Quote Quote:
    Geneon Unversal Entertainment's anime label Rondo Robe began streaming the final promotional video for the 10th and final OVA of the Hellsing Ultimate video anime series. Jouji Nakata narrates the video as the vampire Alucard. The OVA will ship in Japan next Wednesday.

KyoAni's K-ON Team Airs Tamako Market Ad With Animation

To be honest I never was that much of a K-ON fan (okay show) but after Suzumiya, Hyouka and Chuunibyou I just cannot ignore a new work by KyoAni.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

KyoAni anime are always extremely entertaining, their shows are always at least fun to watch. I've enjoyed every KyoAni production I have watched. I never actually watched K-On! though. Tamako Market looks really good, I'm really looking forward to watching.

---------- Post added December 22, 2012 at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was December 19, 2012 at 04:19 PM ----------

New Mirai Nikki OAD will be released in late July

Mouretsu Pirates film scheduled for winter 2014, and character design revealed.

New season of Hayate no Gotoku scheduled for spring 2013.

Valvrave the Liberator PV2. Premiering in April with original character design by D. Gray Man mangaka Hoshino Katsura.

Prism Nana PV4

St. Young Men movie, PV1. Scheduled for theatrical debut on May 10, 2013, by A-1 Pictures.

23. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Saint young men!!!!

and this ought to be for a discussion somewhere else- I just think I'm getting tired of the stock character designs sometimes for anime- can't they think of some new look or something? >.>

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Distant Star's Makoto Shinkai Makes Kotonoha no Niwa Anime Film

Quote Quote:
    The official website for Makoto Shinkai — the auteur director behind Voices of a Distant Star, 5 Centimeters Per Second, and Children Who Chase Lost Voices — announced on Christmas Eve that he is creating a new anime film called Kotonoha no Niwa. Shinkai plans to open the film in Japanese theaters in the first half of next year, and he began planning this past spring. The tagline on the website reads, "A tale of 'lonely sadness,' older than even 'love.'"

Shinkai wrote on his website that this is the first time he is making a "love" story — in the traditional Japanese meaning of the word. He added that there were words long before there were characters to write them in this world. The Japanese language during the era when it had no written form is known as "Yamato kotoba." The language during this time had its own pronunciations, before the importation of kanji characters from China.

At the time, "love" was written as "lonely sadness" (koi). Moreover, according to Shinkai, the modern concept of "love" (ai) was imported from the West. While his new Kotonoha no Niwa film is set in the modern era, it will be about koi in the original "lonely sadness" meaning — of longing for someone in solitude, as opposed to the modern meaning.
    Excellent news. While I've only watched Voices of a Distant Star and 5 Centimeters per Second, both were amazing so I'm expecting something good.

26. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast