Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

The premier airing of the Mushishi Tokubetsu-hen: Hihamukage special announced that a second season of Mushishi will begin airing in spring 2014. The new season will be entitled Mushishi Zoku Shou (Mushishi Sequel chapter), and reunite most of the staff and cast from the 2005 - 2006 original.

Mushishi Zoku Shou
    Production: Artland
    Director and Series Composition: Nagahama Hiroshi
    Character Design: Umakoshi Yoshihiko
    Starring: Nakano Yuto

ANN
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 04, 2014 at 03:55 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eason-in-april

New season of Mushishi in April 2014
    WOW. Spring will be awesome!
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...eason-in-april

New season of Mushishi in April 2014
    Finally, have been waiting for this since the manga ended

Gotta agree with Demon, the spring season looks pretty good to me, after a long time

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't remember a season with so many highly profile shows, new and sequels. Spring really looks amazing.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I originally posted from work. I updated my post with full info.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Manga News and Announcements

It is announced that Aoharide (series from Bessatsu Margaret) going to get an anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uchida Maaya and Kaji Yuki will star. The rest of the cast will be announced in the next issue of Betsuma. A drama CD will be included with volume 10 of the manga, based on an original story written by mangaka Sakisaka Io. Volume ten will go on sale May 23, 2014.

---------- Post added January 07, 2014 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was January 06, 2014 at 10:20 AM ----------

Staff and cast announced for Nanana

Production: A-1 Pictures
    Director: Kamei Kanta (Usagi Drop, Oreshura)
    Series Composition: Kurata Hideyuki
    Starring: Ono Yuuki and Tanabe Rui

Nanana will air in spring 2014, as part of the Noitamina block.

Otakomu

---------- Post added January 09, 2014 at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was January 07, 2014 at 10:45 AM ----------

The news many of you were waiting for:

New Sailor Moon anime in July.

Production: Toei
    Director: Sakai Munehisa
    Series Composition: Kobayashi Yuuji

The new anime will be streamed world wide by Niconico. Whether it will air on Japanese TV has not been announced.

Official Site
    ANN
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 09, 2014 at 09:43 PM.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And I guess in July we will get news that it'll air in January. I'm starting to think that this will never air...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There was never an official announcement it would air in January. Momoiro Clover Z, who will perform the OP, said it would air this winter at a Sailor Moon live event last August. This was never confirmed by Toei or Naoko. It really was originally supposed to air last summer. This announcement is official.

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Producer Umezawa Atsutoshi has also confirmed that Sailor Moon 2014 will not be a remake of the original anime. They will be adapting the original manga, "starting from scratch again".

ANN

---------- Post added January 12, 2014 at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was January 09, 2014 at 11:18 PM ----------

New Mahouka key art. They appear to be introducing the leads, and two of the supporting characters.

From left to right: Shiba Tatsuya, Shiba Miyuki, and Saijou Leonhart (Leo). Tatsuya and Miyuki are the main characters. The story is told from Tatsuya's perspective. Tatsuya and Leo are "Course 2" students, and classmates. Miyuki is Tatsuya's sister, a Course 1 student, and first year class representative.

From left: Chiba Erika, with the Shiba siblings. Erika is also a Course Two student, a classmate and friend of Tatsuya.

The story summary at most sites are horribly inadequate. Here is my own summary, taken from chapter one of the novel:

Quote Quote:
    In Mahouka, there are nine magic high schools, each associated with a Magic University. Tatsuya and Miyuki are freshman at First Magic High School, in Tokyo. First Magic High School has 200 enrolled students at all time. Students are divided into two courses, based on the practical skills portion of their entrance exam. Higher scores enter as Course 1 students, lower scores as Course 2. The uniforms of Course 1 students are embroidered with the schools flower emblem. The flower is left off of the uniforms for Course 2. Because of this Course 1 students are referred to as "Blooms", Course 2 are derisively referred to as "Weeds". Officially it is against school rules to call Course 2 students Weeds, but it is common among students. Course 2 students act as reserves, replacing any Course 1 students who drop out. Course work and access to facilities for Course 1 and 2 are the same. The main difference is that Course 2 students are not entitled to personal instruction in practical magical skills. That is partially why Course 2 students are called weeds, they are viewed as stealing valuable educational resources from Course 1 students.

In the Mahouka world, super powers do not work like they do in most manga and light novel. Magic is not treated like a supernatural ability, but a technical skill, learned in high school and college. Technology plays a major role in wielding magic. Engineering and programming are critical to Mahouka. Speed and efficiency of magic are more important in the story than power levels, innate ability, and strength.
    ---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

This pics are very reassuring. The anime art is derived directly from the light novel, without any alterations. The manga version derped the art, giving characters bigger eyes, and softer features.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That CAD in the second one is much smaller than I thought, otherwise, the character artists is doing an excellent job making it look as stunning as some of the pages did in the LN. And that Leo is to die for. I like the poses they have going on and the art looks good and the small snippet of visual effects we can see. It may definitely deliver on being a faithful anime.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked for Tatsuya´s seiyuu to get a grasp how he will sound like. To be honest, i expected a bit deeper voice but considering the range Nakamura seem to have shown, he could do Tatsuya justice.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    That CAD in the second one is much smaller than I thought, otherwise, the character artists is doing an excellent job making it look as stunning as some of the pages did in the LN. And that Leo is to die for. I like the poses they have going on and the art looks good and the small snippet of visual effects we can see. It may definitely deliver on being a faithful anime.
    It looks like the goofed up a little in the second pic. His CAD is the proper size in the first pic, comparable to the cover of volume one. The CAD in the second pic doesn't look quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I looked for Tatsuya´s seiyuu to get a grasp how he will sound like. To be honest, i expected a bit deeper voice but considering the range Nakamura seem to have shown, he could do Tatsuya justice.

Nakamura is famous. I nominated him for best male seiyuu. He played Kyousuke in Oreimo, Oreki in Hyouka, and Tomoya in Clannad. He's the ideal seiyuu for Tatsuya. Oreki and Tomoya are very similar characters to Tatsuya. Outwardly cold and aloof, but deep down a caring, kind people, and loyal almost to a fault. The main difference is that this is an action series, so Tatsuya does not feign apathy like Oreki and Tomoya. Nakamura is the one seiyuu guaranteed to correctly play the role correctly, without trying to slip emotion into the character. That would be a disaster, the one way the anime could really ruin the story.

The manga is not a good basis for judging Mahouka. They made a lot of changes to the mood, and tone, of the novels, in addition to messing up the art.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like the goofed up a little in the second pic. His CAD is the proper size in the first pic, comparable to the cover of volume one. The CAD in the second pic doesn't look quite right.

Nakamura is famous. I nominated him for best male seiyuu. He played Kyousuke in Oreimo, Oreki in Hyouka, and Tomoya in Clannad. He's the ideal seiyuu for Tatsuya. Oreki and Tomoya are very similar characters to Tatsuya. Outwardly cold and aloof, but deep down a caring, kind people, and loyal almost to a fault. The main difference is that this is an action series, so Tatsuya does not feign apathy like Oreki and Tomoya. Nakamura is the one seiyuu guaranteed to correctly play the role correctly, without trying to slip emotion into the character. That would be a disaster, the one way the anime could really ruin the story.

The manga is not a good basis for judging Mahouka. They made a lot of changes to the mood, and tone, of the novels, in addition to messing up the art.
    I know that he played those roles but besides Tomoya, meaning Clannad, i have not seen him in anything, so only judging from that and the compilation, he could do it well i guess, though Tatsuya should be a hard role, switching from his "cold and emotionless interior" to the way he gives himself to other people.

I never read the manga, read the first 7? volumes of the novel a long time ago, so long in fact that i can´t remember how far i actually got with the story.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I know that he played those roles but besides Tomoya, meaning Clannad, i have not seen him in anything, so only judging from that and the compilation, he could do it well i guess, though Tatsuya should be a hard role, switching from his "cold and emotionless interior" to the way he gives himself to other people.

I never read the manga, read the first 7? volumes of the novel a long time ago, so long in fact that i can´t remember how far i actually got with the story.
    Nakamura is pretty much the ideal Tatsuya. It's the type of lead role he typically plays. I can't imagine anyone else, no matter how good, playing him. Miyuki's sieuu, Hayami Saori, is also perfect for the part. She is also one of my favorites, one of my nominations for female seiyuu.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    It is announced that Aoharide (series from Bessatsu Margaret) going to get an anime.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-gets-tv-anime
    I read the news recently too. Can't help wondering how far they'll take things through since in my opinion the manga doesn't really offer much up to this point in terms of plot twists to turn into a decent 12-episode anime. We'll see.

The news many of you were waiting for:

New Sailor Moon anime in July.

Production: Toei
    Director: Sakai Munehisa
    Series Composition: Kobayashi Yuuji

The new anime will be streamed world wide by Niconico. Whether it will air on Japanese TV has not been announced.

Official Site
    ANN
    Producer Umezawa Atsutoshi has also confirmed that Sailor Moon 2014 will not be a remake of the original anime. They will be adapting the original manga, "starting from scratch again".
    Finally, indeed. The artwork of the anime will be interesting to check, since I'm curious to see how they combine today's technology with the classical artwork Sailor Moon has. I'm slightly happy it's starting from scratch, not continuing else where, although I feel somehow tired because we're back to square one with all that noisy stuff in the beginning of the series. Oh, well. XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For Sailor Moon, I mostly interested if it will air on Japanese TV, or niconico only. I never watched the original.

---------- Post added January 15, 2014 at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was January 13, 2014 at 02:24 PM ----------

Light Novel imprint Fujimi Fantasia Bunko has announced that the novel series Amagi Brilliant Park will be adapted to anime. Amagi Brilliant Park is the latest series by Gatou Shouji, author of Full Metal Panic. KyoAni will produce. KyoAni's first TV anime was Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, a comedy spin off of Gatou's original novel. They also produced Full Metal Panic: Second Raid, the second (and superior) season of the Full Metal Panic anime. Papakiki illustrator Nakajima Yuka illustrated the Amagi Brilliant Park light novels.

ANN

---------- Post added January 16, 2014 at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was January 15, 2014 at 02:10 PM ----------

The February issue of G Fantasy is announcing that Kuroshitsuji will get a new anime. Kuroshitsuji has already had two previous anime, one in 2008, another in 2010. A live movie adaption opens this Saturday.

ANN
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 15, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast