Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Voice Actor/Narrator Junpei Takiguchi Passes Away
    He voiced various roles (the most known one, the earl in dgm) and is also a great narrator.
    May he rest in peace.

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Nishio Ishin's Nisemonogatari Novel will get an Anime adaption

Quote Quote:
    A NisiOisin Anime Project announcement event at Tokyo's Nicofarre hall revealed on Thursday that a television anime series adaptation of NisiOisin's Nisemonogatari novel has been green-lit to premiere in January.

First Trailer for Kizumonogatari and Nisemonogatari streamed on the newly opened websites

Nisemono Trailer

Kizumono Trailer

As a big fan of Bakemonogatari I'm really looking forward to both of them, SHAFT will do an excellent job

---------- Post added September 22, 2011 at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was September 16, 2011 at 09:41 AM ----------

Natsume's Book of Friends Get 4th Season in January

Quote Quote:
    The November issue of Hakusensha's LaLa magazine is announcing on Saturday that the fourth season of Natsume's Book of Friends will premiere in Japan next January. Natsume Yūjin-Chō Shi will follow three months after the third season, Natsume Yūjin-Chō San, reaches its climax in Japan on September 29.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranma 1/2 Getting Live Action Tv Series

The classic manga/anime series Ranma 1/2 by Rumiko Takahashi Ranma ½ - MyAnimeList.net is getting a live action tv series. It will have a 2 hour brodcast NTV Japan in December

Source: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-4203.htm

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

what? how that's something I never really expected would get a live action. @_@ I know the girl but I can't see the guys too clearly. Hmm. Who could play Ranma?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Amino Remakes Arashi no Yoru ni/One Stormy Night

Quote Quote:
    Tetsuro Amino (Shiki, Macross 7, Mobile Suit SD Gundam Mk II - V) will direct a new computer-animated television series based on Yūichi Kimura's Arashi no Yoru ni (One Stormy Night) children's books. In collaboration with the Japanese companies Duckbill Entertainment, Baku Enterprise, and Bandai Visual, Singapore's Sparky Animation is producing the program slated to begin airing on TV Tokyo in April 2012. This will be the first co-production with three Japanese companies for a Singapore animation studio.

Liar Game Manga Gets 2nd Live-Action Film Next March

Quote Quote:
    This year's 45th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Young Jump magazine is announcing on Thursday that a second live-action film inspired by Shinobu Kaitani's Liar Game psychological thriller manga will open on March 3, 2012. Shota Matsuda (Hana Yori Dango) will reprise his lead role as the genius Akiyama, while Mikako Tabe (Kimi ni Todoke) will play the heroine Yū in a new game.

Ghost in the Shell's Kamiyama Announces 009 Re:Cyborg Anime Film

Quote Quote:
    Kenji Kamiyama, the director behind such anime as Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Eden of the East, and Moribito - Guardian of the Spirit, announced on Tuesday that his latest 3D film will be a 009 Re:Cyborg adaptation of Shotaro Ishinomori's classic science fiction manga Cyborg 009. The film is slated to open in Japanese theaters next fall.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

More Liar Game live-action drama? For real? YAAAY! I really liked that series (I only watched the live-action, though), so I'm very happy to know it would have more episodes, and that Shota Matsuda/Akiyama is back~ Though I wonder with the current hiatus of the manga (seems like it's going to be back in action again), would the live-action doing great?

More incentive to try the actual manga of Liar Game for me.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    More Liar Game live-action drama? For real? YAAAY! I really liked that series (I only watched the live-action, though), so I'm very happy to know it would have more episodes, and that Shota Matsuda/Akiyama is back~ Though I wonder with the current hiatus of the manga (seems like it's going to be back in action again), would the live-action doing great?

More incentive to try the actual manga of Liar Game for me.
    Never watched the live-action movies, are they really that good? and btw the manga is coming back from hiatus in November

edit: looks like you already saw it XD

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Never watched the live-action movies, are they really that good?
    I don't know. The live-action drama was my first encounter with Liar Game; it sure left an impression of the whole series of Liar Game to me. That's why I'm thinking to cross-check how well it did by reading the manga. :3

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh good, their will be new chapters to post about in the Liar Game forum soon. It went on hiatus almost immediately after the forum was opened

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I don't know. The live-action drama was my first encounter with Liar Game; it sure left an impression of the whole series of Liar Game to me. That's why I'm thinking to cross-check how well it did by reading the manga. :3
    oh I see, then I will wait until you cross-checked it. And I'm sure you will love the manga!

Dunno but live-action dramas never appealed to me that much

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Oh good, their will be new chapters to post about in the Liar Game forum soon. It went on hiatus almost immediately after the forum was opened
    Haha, it went on hiatus the day I finished reading it as well.

I always wondered why it was always dead there with no previous discussions. >.>

I have never watched them as well, though tried to during the hiatus, but Liar Game was too good of a manga so I tried not to ruin my impression, even if the live-action was good. Same was for Gantz and it's movie.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

New Hanasaku Iroha Work in 2012 Confirmed

Quote Quote:
    The Hokkoku Shimbun paper confirmed on Monday that the production committee of the Hanasaku Iroha television anime series announced that it is producing a "new visual work" of Hanasaku Iroha next year.
    hell it doesn't matter what it actually is, I will definitely watch it!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

how many remakes has Ghost in the Shell had?

I remember posting about a remake in 3D months ago... is that the same one?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai View Post
    how many remakes has Ghost in the Shell had?

I remember posting about a remake in 3D months ago... is that the same one?
    quite a few but I'm not sure about the specific numbers of remakes.

but there should be only one 3D remake so far and that's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society 3D.

Kokoro Connect Light Novels Get Anime Adaptation

Quote Quote:
    The Gamers store chain posted an image of the Kokoro Connect Nise Random book's exclusive cover that revealed that Sadanatsu Anda's Kokoro Connect light novel series has an anime adaptation. K-ON! and Lucky Star anime's character designer Yukiko Horiguchi illustrates the novel volumes. The teen comedy follows the strange phenomena at the Yamahoshi Academy's Culture Club, starting with the five male and female club members switching bodies with each other.
    ---------- Post added October 14, 2011 at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2011 at 08:05 PM ----------

KenIchi the Mightiest Disciple Gets OVA by Brains Base

Quote Quote:
    This year's 47th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is announcing on Wednesday that an original video anime (OVA) project of Shun Matsuena's Shijō Saikyō no Deshi Kenichi (History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi) manga has been green-lit. The anime studio Brains Base will produce the project. More details and the release date information will be provided in future issues of Weekly Shonen Sunday.
    ---------- Post added October 15, 2011 at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was October 14, 2011 at 04:24 PM ----------

Level-5 Plans Yōkai Watch TV Anime, Manga, Game

Quote Quote:
    The game developer Level-5 confirmed during its Level-5 Vision 2011 press conference on Saturday that it has television anime, manga, and game projects planned for its recently revealed Yōkai Watch franchise. The main character is a boy named Keita whose watch has a secret. He has a ghost named Whisper as a friend in this "weird yet humorous" story. Enterbrain's Famitsu news source posted images of Keita, Whisper, and elements from the franchise, and it indicates that more information will come in the future.
    ---------- Post added October 18, 2011 at 12:03 PM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2011 at 02:08 PM ----------

AKB48 Idol Group Gets 1st Anime on Air Next Spring

Quote Quote:
    The Nikkan Sports newspaper is reporting on Tuesday that the idol group AKB48 is getting its first anime, which will air next spring.
    The anime will center around nine idol candidates who aspire to be "legendary idols," in the motif of AKB48's real-life sōsenkyō (general election) Top 8.

Zetman Manga to Get TV Anime Next April

Quote Quote:
    The wraparound jacket band on the 16th volume of Masakazu Katsura's Zetman manga is announcing on Wednesday that a television anime adaptation has been green-lit for an April 2012 premiere.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't read Zetman but maybe the anime will be something good. ^^

New Reply
Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast