Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online II

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sword Art Online II

Sword Art Online II

Episodes: 24
    Aired: Jul 05, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Aniplex, A-1 Pictures, Aniplex of AmericaL
    Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance, Shounen

Synopsis
    1 year after the SAO incident, Kirito is approached by Seijiro Kikuoka from Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications Department “VR Division” with a rather peculiar request.

That was an investigation on the “Death Gun” incident that occurred in the gun and steel filled VRMMO called Gun Gale Online (GGO). “Players who are shot by a mysterious avatar with a jet black gun lose their lives even in the real world…” Failing to turn down Kikuoka’s bizarre request, Kirito logs in to GGO even though he is not completely convinced that the virtual world could physically affect the real world.

Kirito wanders in an unfamiliar world in order to gain any clues about the “Death Gun.” Then, a female sniper named Sinon who owns a gigantic “Hecate II” rifle extends Kirito a helping hand. With Sinon’s help, Kirito decides to enter the “Bullet of Bullets,” a large tournament to choose the most powerful gunner within the realm of GGO, in hopes to become the target of the “Death Gun” and make direct contact with the mysterious avatar.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Leoat12's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sword Art Online II

This new season of Sword Art Online will be based on volumes 5 and 6 of the light novel, principally. People would like to discuss the light novel are welcome here.

I don't know if it will have episodes based on extra stories of others volumes (like 1st season), at least I don't remember anyone related directly with GGO. That said, I expect something more detailed than the first season, which was based on 4 volumes, it is good I think. GGO, especially, has more details that must be showed than Aincrad and Alfheim.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent return to the world we love. It was great seeing Kirito smiling again. Though the episode was mostly discussion, GGO sounds pretty amazing seeing it on screen, as well as Death Gun.

XeXeeD is one of the coolest usernames around.

SoTaku is Love | Team Haikyuu!! | Team Stealth Symphony | Team Food Wars!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The game itself looks rather cool and Shinon is sexy but apart from that basically nothing happened. An introduction episode to show us that virtual worlds are as dangerous as ever and that it is possible to buy Kirito.

Kirito and Asuna scenes were cute but yeah... That's it.

Opening song is great.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm reserving all judgement.

The first episode was fine by me. A little slow and the digital world versus real world philosophy is not really something I get into but I can see why they'd want to put that in there. A relatively peaceful beginning.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Gun version of Death Note... Kirito really is a geek and Asuna plans to stay with him forever.

GGO sure is interesting, earning money by being a good player.

Good episode, loved the exposition.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Sword Art Online II - Episode 1

It's nice to see that the anime is back to continue the story. It has been quite a long time since I last read the novel and this anime will serve as a re-cap for me. Yay!!

The Death Gun arc is a very interesting part of the story. I'm so excited to see words (from the novel) that are coming alive in the motion pictures.

The beginning of the first episode has a good start with the interviews of players and having the one who "talked big' get killed. I thought this guy has a cool name but too bad for him, it has to follow him to the grave.

The series showcased the landscape of Tokyo, which was really nice. That red-coloured camera-lamp looked quite interesting as well.

The date of Kirito and Asuna seemed like a reminisce of old times for them. With Asuna's great enthusiasm of their future in the real world, Kirito suddenly got tongue tight without telling the girlfriend of his "secret" meeting with Kikuoka and what he had decided to do after.

I like Kirito's imaginary scene of the pro-player who was killed, pretty epic type. I hope the rest of the episodes would have such similar effect.

If there was a guy called Lightly Salted Tarako, then his twin brother must be Heavily Sugared Tarako. haha! This is meant to be a joke. :P We have very interesting and funny in-game names, haven't we? hehe!

The ending music video was pretty nice and the music was good too.

I'm looking forward for the next episode.

--------------------------------------------------

Oh, thanks Skyguardian for your post. Otherwise I wouldn't have known that Sword Art Online has started its second series.

Cheers!

~~~+~~~Do You Love Me?~~~+~~~

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally it's back and the first episode of this new season was excellent and the explanations didn't feel obnoxious.
    This Death Gun seems to be a really dangerous guy, given that he can kill a person in the real world by killing his/her Avatar in the virtual one.
    I wonder how he does that though...
    Looking forward to watching the next episode....and Shion.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

When I saw that screen written "Sword Art Online II" I believed that it was back!

Perfect beginning, I couldn't expect anything less than this. The first episode should be theoretical since it is that way in the light novel. I missed Kirito and Asuna, I was looking forward to watch this date of them and it was within my expectations. They're the image of perfect couple for me.

Anyway, talking about business now, Kirito doesn't like Kikuoka that much because of many reasons, it wasn't clear in the anime because it is Kirito's thoughts, it ocurred with ALO as well, especially with Suguha, that's why many people thought she was annoying, which was not entirely right. The mission is hard and a bit dangerous, but Kikuoka is not irresponsible, all cares will be given to Kirito. On a sidenote, some clues was already given...

Next episode will have more action, they finished this episode right before the action begin. XD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So, this first episode definitely didn't hook me like the first episode of season 1 did, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.
    Last edited by Zatono; July 07, 2014 at 06:28 PM.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Light Novels are not like most of the mangas, where an overly exciting beginning is a question of survival; it contributes for a slower pace in this kind of media and, consequently, in animes based on them. As a recent example we have Mahouka, which I had the same opinion as you guys now since I hadn't read the novel yet at that time.
    SAO I first episode was somewhat the same way, but the tension gave a more interesting aspect than SAO II first episode.
    From now on, the story just escalates. I can guarantee this.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zatono View Post
    So, this first episode definitely didn't hook me like the first episode of season 1 did, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for now.
    I think it will be hard for us to feel as... intrigued by the first season's pilot episode. Now we generally know what to expect, and the long run of season 1 might have made us lose some faith in this series, lol. Overall it is not a bad introduction, I don't mind the slow pace. I like the idea of Death Gun, it is a cool concept, but I'm not as pumped as before. The female friend looks like an awesome sniper, looking forward to her action. And I wonder how Kirito's friends will take part in this game, if possible. Hard to imagine action in which there is no combo of Kirito and Asuna, lol.

But I'm not fond of the long-haired Kirito shown in the ending, though.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    But I'm not fond of the long-haired Kirito shown in the ending, though.
    I with you on that one phio. It is just not a good look for him. But, that being said, I think it's still like 10x better that fairy stuff.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I with you on that one phio. It is just not a good look for him. But, that being said, I think it's still like 10x better that fairy stuff.
    The best is his short hair. Everything else is ugly, lol. At this moment I dislike both the fairy appearance and long hair appearance equally. If you have to shoot guns, though, I imagine short hair will be better to avoid unnecessary things clouding the eyes, no? XD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    The best is his short hair. Everything else is ugly, lol. At this moment I dislike both the fairy appearance and long hair appearance equally. If you have to shoot guns, though, I imagine short hair will be better to avoid unnecessary things clouding the eyes, no? XD
    I would think so, but I suppose there are exceptions.

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast