Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Space Dandy 2nd Season

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Space Dandy 2nd Season

Space Dandy 2nd Season
    Genre: Sci-fi, Comedy
    Production: Bones
    Director: Watanabe Shinichiro
    Starring: Suwabe Junichi, Satake Uki, Yoshino Hiroyuki

Continuation of Space Dandy

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Space Dandy 2nd Season

Judging by the same opening and ending theme songs being used, I assume this is merely a continuation of the first season rather than a season that's set apart from the first.

Dandy & co are getting into crazy adventures again. It was obvious that the character designers had a blast with all the Dandys, QTs and Meows they came up with like they do for the aliens. I wonder if they're all struggling to find rare aliens like the original or if a couple of them are successful with their career. (The first other Dandy they encountered seem to be doing well.)

The preview seems promising, and it looks as if this season will be even wilder.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Goku Jackson Dandy!

This episode was crazy and hilarious. I think it's my favorite of the series so far.

One of the best 1st ep of the season, if not the best.

---------- Post added July 14, 2014 at 04:53 PM ---------- Previous post was July 07, 2014 at 08:06 PM ----------

Serious episode, one of the few times Dandy acted as a true badass, he truly was a surfer. That River of Time stuff was good.

RIP Ukulele man, even if you were a little creepy, I don't remember well about the Plants episode but I think he was the first threatening villain.

I guess Gel saw his mother in the past when she was still pregnant?
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how much Dandy thinks his imagination is real. He kept imagining a beautiful woman who invited him and was very adamant about it even if that was only true in his mind.

Ukulelemon was creepy; since he's the only one of his kind in the universe, Dandy missed out on a HUGE opportunity but alas...

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Serious episode, one of the few times Dandy acted as a true badass, he truly was a surfer. That River of Time stuff was good.
    It's really touching when you think that the only time he ever shows how badass he is, is when he's trying to protect Meow and QT. Even if he'll never admit it, he really does care for them and this episode proves it.

---------- Post added July 20, 2014 at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was July 16, 2014 at 09:54 PM ----------

I have to applaud the use of the SFX in this episode- especially the first scene. Normally I don't take note of specific detail like this, but the sound effects really stood out.

I had no idea until the credits that Namikawa Daisuke was the fish Meow was wanting so desperately to eat. It seems as if the success of the first season has prompted many more popular seiyuu to join judging from the guest stars. HiroC and Sawashiro Miyuki will be in one of the episodes. I can't wait!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Was this supposed to be black comedy? In the end the fish accomplished nothiing and all his fellows died but it was a lot funnier than episode 2.

Fried fish

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I have to applaud the use of the SFX in this episode- especially the first scene. Normally I don't take note of specific detail like this, but the sound effects really stood out.

I had no idea until the credits that Namikawa Daisuke was the fish Meow was wanting so desperately to eat. It seems as if the success of the first season has prompted many more popular seiyuu to join judging from the guest stars. HiroC and Sawashiro Miyuki will be in one of the episodes. I can't wait!
    I noticed it was him when he returned on his planet and with him informing them that their planet will be destroyed and Nakao Ryusei as his enemy I couldn't help but think of Dragon Ball with Bardock's death .
    Last edited by Demonspeed; July 22, 2014 at 06:14 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Was this supposed to be black comedy? In the end the fish accomplished nothiing and all his fellows died but it was a lot funnier than episode 2.
    I think Space Dandy as a whole can be considered black comedy. Think of how many times Dr. Gel failed in his plans.

Quote Quote:
    I noticed it was him when he returned on his planet and with him informing them that their planet will be destroyed and Nakao Ryusei as his enemy I couldn't help but think of Dragon Ball with Bardock's death .
    I'm used to Namikawa Daisuke's deep voice so it was jarring to see him play a fried fish.

Nakao Ryusei's voice is easily recognizable so I can tell it was him. There seems to be quite a number of prominent seiyuus in this series.

---------- Post added July 27, 2014 at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was July 22, 2014 at 07:42 PM ----------

At first I thought, "A school episode? That's not very Dandy-like"; however, the allusions to American high school movies won me over. I also loved every single song that was featured. It really felt like a musical, and I was impressed that an anime insert song can actually sound good! Kudos to whoever wrote the song and the seiyuus as well.

Even though Dandy was kind to bring the Cleptonian girl as a date, a nice ass can get rid off any flaws it seems.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Musical at high school.

A smile was stuck on my face while watching this episode, this 2nd season is getting better and better.

Dandy can finally spell his name .

---------- Post added August 18, 2014 at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was July 28, 2014 at 02:49 PM ----------

his time it's a commander dreaming to be a rockstar. More JoJo references, good episode.

Honey .

---------- Post added August 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was August 18, 2014 at 09:40 PM ----------

What a weird episode, one of the weirdest since the episode with talking plants...A planet for the dead... But it was great and the ending, he chose to stay on Limbo and save his friends? The music and art were amazing too, especially that guitar track.

I am really curious to see how this series will end.

---------- Post added September 09, 2014 at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was August 26, 2014 at 12:24 AM ----------

Serious romance and a kiss in Space Dandy, wasn't expecting this. I so wanted to see Scarlet's blushing behind that menu .

Great episode, did I hear Sawashiro Miyuki in the preview? Too bad this show will end soon.

---------- Post added September 18, 2014 at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was September 09, 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

Sawashiro Miyuki voicing a box 4D alien? Dandy's taste is women is indeed weird, she doesn't even have an ass, I thought it was his main criteria. Brilliant episode again, the multiverse was a little explained too. He rememebrs everything that happened.

New Reply