Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Anime and Drama News and Announcements

You could have mentioned the game too. :P The announcement teaser was really puzzling, even on the final day. Maybe it's time to start reading it again...
    Spoiler show

Can someone translate what the 25 is about? Characters?

Quote Originally Posted by raDar View Post
    I think this is also part of the 25th anniversary celebration of JoJo
    thanks. ^^
    Last edited by Schabrak; July 05, 2012 at 08:30 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drmke View Post
    I'm thrilled to hear this. If I'm not mistaken, Araki got disappointed from the movie of Part 1 he didn't accept anymore adaptations since then.

I think this is also part of the 25th anniversary celebration of JoJo. It will be super awesome if it will start from Phantom Blood to JoJolion(?!!!).

And that game looks freaking fantastic!!! I lol'd at Gyro getting Ora Ora'd by Jotaro. OMG, this news is just pure awesome. I'm soooooo looking forward to this.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Sailor Moon Manga Gets New Anime in Summer 2013

Quote Quote:
    Publisher Kodansha and creator Naoko Takeuchi announced on Friday that a new anime adaptation of Takeuchi's Sailor Moon manga is being produced. The new anime is aimed for release next summer, and the idol group Momoiro Clover Z will perform a theme song.

Kodansha and Takeuchi made the announcement during a live event celebrating the 20th anniversary of the manga. Momoiro Clover Z sang the first Sailor Moon anime's theme song "Moonlight Densetsu" at the event via a live video feed from France, where they are guests of Japan Expo.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There are reboots for everything these days so it's about time that Sailor Moon gets one too! A lot of people who don't normally watch anime have grown up watching it so this is pretty exciting news!

My main concerns are whether they'll keep the VAs and how the character designs will look.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Akira Toriyama, Toei Make Dragon Ball Z Film Next March

Quote Quote:
    This year's 33rd issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Saturday that the upcoming new film adaptation of Akira Toriyama's Dragon Ball manga will be released on March 30.

The film will be directed by Masahiro Hosoda (Dragon Ball Z episode director, Nangoku Shounen Papuwa-kun) at Toei and written by Yūsuke Watanabe (live-action 20th Century Boys trilogy, Gantz, Bloody Monday, Future Diary), with Tadayoshi Yamamuro (Dragon Ball Movie 4: The Path to Power, Beet the Vandel Buster) acting as the lead animation director.

The announcement also features the URL www.dragonball2013.com, which currently redirects to a blank page on Toei's official website with the URL http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/movie/2013_dragonballz/.

In a comment printed alongside the announcement, Dragon Ball creator Akira Toriyama notes that the adaptation will mark the first time he has been so deeply involved in the production of an anime, in this case as early as the screenwriting stages. Toriyama also says that the film will retain the atmosphere of the original while adding small amounts of "modern flavor."

The announcement lists Fox International Productions Japan as a member of the film's production committee, alongside Shueisha, Fuji TV, Toei Animation, Bandai, and Bandai Namco Games.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

well then speaking of reboots, DBZ gets a movie- and I like it that toriyama is more actively involved in this one.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    My main concerns are whether they'll keep the VAs and how the character designs will look.
    From what I heard and read at ANN so far, it seems like the developer has contacted the original voice actor of Usagi Tsukino. I think there is quite a big chance that she will be voiced by the same woman, though I'm not sure with the rest.

As for character design, I kind of expecting it to be the same but more 'modern'. After all, if it is too different, it will no longer be Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon, haha~ XDD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Georgie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the Sailor Moon remake....
    Of course I'm really exited to see brand new clean, sharp, colorful animation but I wouldn't mind if they kept some animation "old school" such as having water color/ pastel backgrounds. It definitely would bring out the romantic feel of the manga.

Also: We don't have a Sailor Moon Sticky? hmmm...
    Last edited by Georgie; July 15, 2012 at 07:52 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    From what I heard and read at ANN so far, it seems like the developer has contacted the original voice actor of Usagi Tsukino. I think there is quite a big chance that she will be voiced by the same woman, though I'm not sure with the rest.

As for character design, I kind of expecting it to be the same but more 'modern'. After all, if it is too different, it will no longer be Naoko Takeuchi's Sailor Moon, haha~ XDD
    I know that the voice actresses for Sailor Venus and Sailor Saturn are still active so they might also participate in the reboot. I'm sure there will be some changes to the cast, but hopefully the main ones will still stay the same.

That's true! Anime trends have changed a lot in the past few decade so I'm sure the reboot staff will try to make the character designs fit for today's world. Some people felt that the original wasn't faithful enough to Naoko Takeuchi's style, but her artwork is so unique that it's difficult to pull it off right in animated form.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
    Regarding the Sailor Moon remake....
    Of course I'm really exited to see brand new clean, sharp, colorful animation but I wouldn't mind if they kept some animation "old school" such as having water color/ pastel backgrounds. It definitely would bring out the romantic feel of the manga.

Also: We don't have a Sailor Moon Sticky? hmmm...
    I think the hand drawn backgrounds would be nice too; it will certainly set them apart from other magical girls series out there. Old fans are already familiar with the characters so the reboot already caught their attention, but the main problem is attracting new fans who have different expectations.

Specific series don't have a sticky, but they do have a thread! When Sailor Moon airs, one will be made for it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Exorcist Film Slated for December 28

Quote Quote:
    The official website for the Blue Exorcist anime film announced on Monday that the film will open in TOHO theaters throughout Japan on December 28. 30,000 advance tickets will go on sale on August 25 with a set of three postcards.
    Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes Anime to Premiere in September

Quote Quote:
    The broadcaster Nagoya TV confirmed on its website that Battle Spirits: Sword Eyes, the latest television anime series inspired by Bandai's Battle Spirits card game, will premiere in Japan on Sunday, September 9 at 7:00 a.m.

The story is set 14 years after Atlantia, the largest country in the world of Legendia, was torn apart by riots. The protagonist Tsurugi Tatewaki was secreted away from the chaos at a young age. Oblivious to his true birthplace, Tsurugi grows up as a spirited boy in the neighboring rocky land of Pacifis.
    ---------- Post added July 28, 2012 at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was July 23, 2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

Hetalia Comedy Anime Gets 5th Season Green-Lit

Quote Quote:
    The September issue of Gentosha's Monthly Comic Birz magazine is announcing on Monday that a fifth season of the Hetalia anime has been green-lit. The same issue notes that the fifth volume of Hidekaz Himaruya's original manga will go on sale on Tuesday.
    New Dragon Ball Film's TV Preview Aired

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day Gets Film Next Summer

Quote Quote:
    The official website of the anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day anime announced on Sunday that a film will open in Japan next summer. The film will retell the anohana story from Menma's point of view. The announcement was first made at Sunday's anohana event.
    The Flowers of Evil Suspense Manga Gets Anime

Quote Quote:
    An anime adaptation of Shūzō Oshimi's The Flowers of Evil (Aku no Hana) manga has been green-lit. Hiroshi Nagahama (Mushishi, Detroit Metal City) will helm the project, but no other details have been announced.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

New Dragon Ball Movie Teaser :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5M6eykCPfg

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Top 50 Anime of All Time by Japancinema.net. There is some good and some horror. Naruto on third is the biggest joke, even if reasons given are okay, they better should haved named it Top 50 Anime for the US + influencial ones.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Der blaue Denker MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Cowboy Bebop, those were the first two words after I finished the list. Why do they include manga that were made into anime, but the anime is far worst than the manga? Plus Code Geass as well, no TTGL too? Well, I would agree with the first two, probably, however some should have made the list as well.

Naruto indeed, even the One Piece anime I disagree with it, even though the manga is unbeatable in my mind. It may just be my understanding of what they meant by "anime" here.

Pink Warrior 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member baboysai's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't believe the list. It's a top 50 of some guy or girl, his/her personal taste, and that's it. It says "many thanks to those who contributed" which would mean the data wasn't taken from a massive survey, or viewings or whatever official business.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The author clearly didn't watch as many good anime as I/we did.

Even wrote Gundam... which one! Not differenciating between movies/series/OVA was no the smartest move. King of Thorn... just decided to put almost every Ghibli movie on there..., no Legend of the Galactic Heroes, no Tengen Toppa. Just name it Macross instead of Robotech. The biggest joke was including Street Fighter 2 in there.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast