Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128

View Poll Results: With what event will the war end ?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitebeard will be killed

    31 55.36%
  • Ace will be executed

    3 5.36%
  • The Marines/World Government will be crushed

    8 14.29%
  • The Pirates will escape after saving Ace

    35 62.50%
  • Some other possible ending (please reply with it)

    12 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 102

Thread: Outcome of the War between Marines and WB's Forces

  1. #31
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    I think Inazuma was too sick from Magellan to fight anymore I think, Ivan said he did some stuff to make himself feel better but at a cost of life, I don't think he's gonna be too spring to get his head kicked in again XD

    This latest chapter just showed off the Shichi quite well too, even Moria has more power now, prolly thanks to his last battle where he was still learning just how much he could do with his shadow powers.

    Im a supporter for the world government and Shichibukai, only because I think it will create more chaos than Whitebeards side would cause if they win. But in any case, Ace will need to be rescued, this is what Luffy has set himself out to do, before it was to beat up croc, or to beat up the pigeon guy, and this is his next step to save Ace (in lieu of beating some one up).

  2. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Sweden
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Who said that anybody have to win? Maybe they just sae Ace and make a run for it? And WB dies protecting his crew. Somethhing like that

  3. #33
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Actually, in this case, win the war " only " means that Ace survived. It does not mean that one of the both sides has to be completely destroyed : who expect each pirate or each marine to be killed ?
    As I think Ace will not be executed, I guess I should say WB will win ; but that does not mean necessarily that WB will not die for example.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Yes exactly. Ace will be rescued, so the Pirates will win.

    The WG's goal of the whole war is to eliminate every blood trace from the PK. If they fail then that means a loss for them, even if they manage to beat the WB Pirates.

    The Pirates goal is to stop the execution. If they succeed it's a win for them.

  5. #35
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Greece
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    yes they want to eliminate every blood relation to the PK but even if ace will be rescued but wb goes down/dies whatever i think that the marines will count that as a "win"

  6. #36
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member bax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,801
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    I agree that the WG win is about putting down WB. The WG is expecting WB to show up. It's like they know this is their chance to lure out WB. Otherwise, if their goal is only to eliminate the Roger's blood, they would've killed Ace as soon as they got him in ID. Not that everyone else knows about Ace's real blood. So why is the need to announce it for public execution? As far as the public is concerned, Roger's blood died with him. There's no need to make an example of the Marines are so serious about killing Roger's descendants.

    As for WB, of course, the only win for him is to save Ace, since that's the reason why they went to Marineford in the first place anyway.


  7. #37
    Magma♥ MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Akainu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    大秦
    Country
    Bavaria
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    That's an interesting view on the current situation.
    What would you consider Ace being saved, but WB dying as some predict? It's not really a tie for the pirate side imo and yet the WG would have failed miserably in publicly showing this desaster.

  8. #38
    Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    France
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,814
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    I agree that the WG win is about putting down WB. The WG is expecting WB to show up. It's like they know this is their chance to lure out WB. Otherwise, if their goal is only to eliminate the Roger's blood, they would've killed Ace as soon as they got him in ID. Not that everyone else knows about Ace's real blood. So why is the need to announce it for public execution? As far as the public is concerned, Roger's blood died with him. There's no need to make an example of the Marines are so serious about killing Roger's descendants.
    Actually, I think their only goal is to eliminate Ace, but with a public execution like they did for the PK. They wanted the whole world to know and watch Ace's execution and expect it to have the impact they expected for the PK's execution. Indeed, they decided to kill the unique relative of Gol D Roger even if he was protected by the strongest pirate of the world : that is their means.
    This time, they definitely want to put an end to piracy and show how strong they are ; this time, they want it to work : that is their goal.

    Thus, their goal was not to kill WB. Nevertheless, as they said, in order to do the execution, they would fight WB if they had to (Sengoku's words). But I think it is obvious that they would have prefered not to fight against the " Ruler of the seas. " They would have prefered Ace to die without WB coming : that would have still shown that WB, the supreme pirate, could not have done/tried anything against them.
    So now that the war has finally began and WB decided to move, they had to kill WB to achieve their goal because he is on their way.

    That is how I see the thing. So, what will decide who will win the war is definitely the execution of Ace. Even if WB survived, if Ace is executed at the time he was supposed to, it will show that WB - the strongest man in the world - could not have saved Ace. All that matters is Ace's execution in due form.

  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by bax View Post
    I agree that the WG win is about putting down WB. The WG is expecting WB to show up. It's like they know this is their chance to lure out WB. Otherwise, if their goal is only to eliminate the Roger's blood, they would've killed Ace as soon as they got him in ID. Not that everyone else knows about Ace's real blood. So why is the need to announce it for public execution? As far as the public is concerned, Roger's blood died with him. There's no need to make an example of the Marines are so serious about killing Roger's descendants.
    The World Government simply wants to show off their strength in wiping out the Gol bloodline and demonstrate their will power to fulfill their agenda "justice, as we interpret it to be" - even if they're going against the most feared man in the world. They want to show that they can do whatever they want at any time they want - and that's why the Marine is not fighting alone against WB.

    I think it's easy like that to summarize.

    Sure, they could have killed Ace in Impel Down, no even once Blackbeard handed im over and it would have been a success - but where's the victory in it if this execution was done in secret?
    no longer participating forums...

  10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  11. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Country
    Greece
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    well you are almost correct about marines wanting to kill ace in public to show their power, but even if wb,luffy whatever succeed to free ace but instead the marines take down wb i think it's a "win" for them because as you said they will take down "the ruler of the seas".if they want to capture/kill ace they could have done this whenever they want but they couldn't because ace was under wb's protection.So yes typically if ace will be rescued the pirates win but if the marines take down wb they "win" and they can capture/kill ace whenever they want.

  12. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Well, the reason for the public execution is cause this is a (shounan) manga lol. This issue is handled in the same way in other manga, for example Cat's Eye; before every robbery they announce it public.

    The public didn't know about Roger's son. Even Ace denied his relationship with his father. There was no need to announce all that hidden mystery followed by that public execution. They could have killed Ace in secret and later they could have faced WB.

    To show their strenght? to whom? Killing one single guy, who hasn't really archived anything big doesn't show strenght, but taking out the current PK does!
    Last edited by BlackHair; August 31, 2009 at 10:37 AM.

  13. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    Well, the reason for the public execution is cause this is a (shounan) manga lol. This issue is handled in the same way in other manga, for example Cat's Eye; before every robbery they announce it public.
    No, real-time history proves that this does not happen because this is a shounen manga. Criminals were always executed because of making an example. It's murdering dissidents in an public execution.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    The public didn't know about Roger's son. Even Ace denied his relationship with his father.
    Well... That's a bit complicated... First I thought he denied it because he thought Dragon was his father but then Oda revealed he was already have a chat with Whitebeard about that.

    BTW: But then why would Ace say in Impel Down that Luffy and he share the same blood of the World's Greatest Criminal...? May Luffy be one of Roger's lineage as well?

    I actually don't want to draw that theory but...
    Spoiler show


    You may do and say whatever you want now.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    There was no need to announce all that hidden mystery followed by that public execution. They could have killed Ace in secret and later they could have faced WB.
    Well, if Ace was already dead nothing would have weakened WB's wrath - no, I guess even some other Yonkou would have wreaked havoc too since there was no need for WB (nor Luffy) to keep Ace's lineage a secret any longer. And I'm pretty sure there still are many pirates out there that are loyal to Roger and his crewmen and would do anything for his son as Iva-san and Inazuma do for Dragon's...

    It's hard enough against Whitebeard and his crew alone - but the Marine and the Shichibukai against more than one Yonkou and their allies. I expect at least Shanks to know about Ace and Roger - don't ask me why but I believe him to be one of the smartest and best informed Yonkou.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    To show their strenght? to whom? Killing one single guy, who hasn't really archived anything big doesn't show strenght, but taking out the current PK does!
    Whitebeard is not the King of Pirates! And sure the Marine has a lot of power - but their power ends in the New World. It's probably a well known sea to the Marine but as it seems they don't have anything but recon units out there.

    BTW, Ace didn't achieve anything big? He was invited to become a shichibukai! That's nothing?! Look at those guys that are actually fighting right now...
    no longer participating forums...

  14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  15. #43
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner iKeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/473/18/

    What if Kuma is actually an ally of Dragon and he went to confirm the relationship between Luffy and Ace? That would make things worst for the World Government...taking on Dragon and Whitebeard at the same time? WG will fault.

  16. #44
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Honestly Im confused by ur post. Some of what u wrote doesn't fit as a answer to my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Criminals were always executed because of making an example. It's murdering dissidents in an public execution.
    Do you rly think executing Ace in public frightens other pirates? Have u forgotten what happened after Roger's public execution? The great age of piracy started!

    Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Well... That's a bit complicated... First I thought he denied it because he thought Dragon was his father but then Oda revealed he was already have a chat with Whitebeard about that.

    BTW: But then why would Ace say in Impel Down that Luffy and he share the same blood of the World's Greatest Criminal...? May Luffy be one of Roger's lineage as well?

    I actually don't want to draw that theory but...
    Spoiler show


    You may do and say whatever you want now.
    Roger as the pirate king and as the one who started the the pirate age is a one of the most hated man by the government. Even now his sins aren't forgotten. Dragon as the leader of the revolution army is the current most hated and most wanted man by the world government. So both guys are in their own way global scale criminals.

    Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Well, if Ace was already dead nothing would have weakened WB's wrath - no, I guess even some other Yonkou would have wreaked havoc too since there was no need for WB (nor Luffy) to keep Ace's lineage a secret any longer. And I'm pretty sure there still are many pirates out there that are loyal to Roger and his crewmen and would do anything for his son as Iva-san and Inazuma do for Dragon's...

    It's hard enough against Whitebeard and his crew alone - but the Marine and the Shichibukai against more than one Yonkou and their allies. I expect at least Shanks to know about Ace and Roger - don't ask me why but I believe him to be one of the smartest and best informed Yonkou.
    I completely confused by this part of ur post. What exactly has it to do with the quoted part of mine?

    I mean killing Ace in secret is a more easier way for the world government. Or at least killing him without announcing that he is the son of the PK. This way MHQ would have less opponents.

    Quote Originally Posted by deffkryz View Post
    Whitebeard is not the King of Pirates! And sure the Marine has a lot of power - but their power ends in the New World. It's probably a well known sea to the Marine but as it seems they don't have anything but recon units out there.

    BTW, Ace didn't achieve anything big? He was invited to become a shichibukai! That's nothing?! Look at those guys that are actually fighting right now...
    He archived nothing big. Even if he was invited to the Shichi, he alone has no real power (as in influence etc). What the point in taking out the current Ace? The government only fears the future Ace (PK). But the current is nothing.

    By taking out WB or the other Yonko, or Dragon would have better benefits than killing (current) Ace. I mean those guy have a mighty crew, are feared my many and are a hindrance for the WG. All Im saying is that killing Ace in public doesn't show strength!

    WB is not the pirate king, but that guy is the definition of the current pirate age. He was hyped since his introduction. So I staed him as the PK. But that has of no relevance.

    Quote Originally Posted by iKeno View Post
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/473/18/

    What if Kuma is actually an ally of Dragon and he went to confirm the relationship between Luffy and Ace? That would make things worst for the World Government...taking on Dragon and Whitebeard at the same time? WG will fault.
    Why don't u read some other post at the first page. The theory was brought since the chapter. Nothing new..

  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Country
    Germany
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: WB will win this war!! Here is why

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    Honestly Im confused by ur post. Some of what u wrote doesn't fit as a answer to my post.
    Yeah, I had the same feeling when I read your answer on my post.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    Do you rly think executing Ace in public frightens other pirates? Have u forgotten what happened after Roger's public execution? The great age of piracy started!
    Nope. It started 22 years ago when Grand Line died - a given fact since the very start of One Piece. The marines want to end this age with wiping out the PK's blood line and show that not even the one who is said to be the strongest man in the world was able to prevent this.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    Roger as the pirate king and as the one who started the the pirate age is a one of the most hated man by the government. Even now his sins aren't forgotten. Dragon as the leader of the revolution army is the current most hated and most wanted man by the world government. So both guys are in their own way global scale criminals.
    That doesn't resolve that paradoxon Oda created by showing that Ace knew that he is Roger's son on one hand and Garp's statement Luffy was Dragon's son - in Impel Down Ace and Garp were talking about Dragon.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    I mean killing Ace in secret is a more easier way for the world government. Or at least killing him without announcing that he is the son of the PK. This way MHQ would have less opponents.
    Yeah, but Whitebeard could have strike anywhere else. That's why they were luring him and his allies to Marinford - to counter him at one place.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    He archived nothing big. Even if he was invited to the Shichi, he alone has no real power (as in influence etc). What the point in taking out the current Ace? The government only fears the future Ace (PK). But the current is nothing.
    Commander of WB's 2nd division - means nothing... Er, right.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackhair View Post
    By taking out WB or the other Yonko, or Dragon would have better benefits than killing (current) Ace. I mean those guy have a mighty crew, are feared my many and are a hindrance for the WG. All Im saying is that killing Ace in public doesn't show strength!
    It shows strength because if they succeded they would have done it even with Whitebeard in front of them, helpless to fullfil that promise to one of his sons. Everyone who dares to attack or kill one of WB's crew is about to die himself. And they couldn't fight one of the Yonkou because another Yonkou would have taken revenge.

    One Yonkou is serious enough. Fighting a second one after having defeated one is nearly impossible unless you're bringing up some real heavy guns. Now, they made Whitebeard attack them - neither Shanks nor Kaidou is about to support him nor will they take revenge in case WB dies/loses.

    And Dragon...the CP9 already failed to kill him - and they were the WG's secret assassins.
    no longer participating forums...

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts