Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: General Manga News and Announcements

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: General Manga News and Announcements

Finally ending huh? Maybe a good time to catch up on Blade.

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! What the hell? I still put off catching up so I have no idea where the story is...that on top of the scanlations not being up to date right? Interesting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Viz to catch up to Japanese releases... I think.

Well, all I can say is that this is great news for the US readers. Finally, manga is being read the way it should be. But I do hope that MS and other scanlation groups continues to scanlate the Jump series for non-US readers. At the very least, I hope MS can at least block US ISP's.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    Viz to catch up to Japanese releases... I think.

Well, all I can say is that this is great news for the US readers. Finally, manga is being read the way it should be. But I do hope that MS and other scanlation groups continues to scanlate the Jump series for non-US readers. At the very least, I hope MS can at least block US ISP's.
    Whoa there we still need Fairy Tail and non Shonen Jump mangas translated. I do agree that the US should no longer have access to the big 3 from MS or other manga sites after Viz catches up to the Japanese release.

They do need to bring over the whole magazine over however in order to be really successful instead of just a couple of the most popular. I wouldn't mind paying more for that honestly.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hah. The guy who wrote the Jorge Joestar novel is writing a manga, huh? In the same magazine as Jojolion? And it's drawn by Oh Great? I wonder how many universes it'll span. I could see it working. This is Oh Great's first new manga since Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear ended, and now he's not writing it.
    Last edited by kewl0210; October 11, 2012 at 09:07 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member You Say's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Kodansha USA licensed Sankarea, No. 6, Tokyo Mew Mew a la Mode and Vinland Saga.
    Sources: Kodansha and ANN

They licensed Vinland Saga! Mighty Odin, they sure took their sweet time! I was waiting years for this! I think I just wet my pants but who cares? Tonight, my Viking brethren, we'll plunder in celebration of this good message!

Now, what about Historie?
    Last edited by You Say; October 13, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
    Huge fan of history and Nordic culture, serious mature stories, Yukimura Makoto, Iwaaki Hitoshi and Tezuka Osamu.

8. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well according to ann Altima Ace (kadokowa's) has ended publication with the latest issue that went sale thursday.

these r the mangas that have been migrated to other magazines.

Monthly Asuka magazine:

Biblia Koshodō no Jiken Techō by Nakano (based on En Mikami's original story)
    Fate/Zero Kuro by mendori (based on Gen Urobuchi and Type-Moon's original story)
    Bakudan Handan by Kyōnosuke Yamaguchi (based on Otomate's original story)
    Kamakura Deco & Kofu Life by Satoshi Tanaka
    Dennō Alice to Inaba-kun by Takumi Fujinari (based on Shinya Kusaka's original story)

Young Ace magazine:

Baka ga Zenra de Yattekuru by Hiroto Ida (based on Hitoma Iruma's original story)
    Scissors Sisters by Marico (based on DAIGO x Eiki Eiki's original story)
    Kangaero by Mayu Taumi

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Rumiko Takahashi, Others Draw Manga to Support Quake Areas

Quote Quote:

Rumiko Takahashi (Inuyasha, Urusei Yatsura) and seven other manga creators will release a compiled book volume of specially-drawn one-shot manga stories in March 2013 with all royalties and proceeds being donated to helping restore the areas devastated by the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster in Japan.

Manga artist Fujihiko Hosono (Gallery Fake, Sasuga no Sarutobi) developed the idea of the "Heroes Comeback" project. Each one-shot will feature a character from one of the artists' previous works. Hosono's one-shot (pictured at right) features the protagonist from his Gallery Fake manga visiting the Tohoku region after the disaster. The first of two chapters of the one-shot was published in the 47th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Big Comic Spirits magazine on Monday.

After Hosono has his one-shots featured in the 47th and 48th issues of Weekly Big Comic Spirits, the 49th issue will feature a one-shot by Masami Yuuki (Birdy the Mighty) from his Kyukyoku Chojin R manga. The 50th issue of the magazine will then feature a one-shot by Sensha Yoshida (Utsurun Desu).

Other artists featured in the project are:

Kazuhiro Fujita (Ushio & Tora, Bakegyamon)
    Takashi Shiina (Zettai Karen Children)
    Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist, Silver Spoon)
    Kazuhiko Shimamoto (The Skull Man, Anime Tenchō) and Ishimori Productions

Takahashi, Fujita, Shiina, and Arakawa's one-shots will be featured in Weekly Shonen Sunday, and Shimamoto and Ishimori Productions' one-shot will be featured in Monthly Shonen Sunday.
    ---------- Post added October 24, 2012 at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was October 23, 2012 at 07:29 AM ----------

Silver Spoon's Arakawa Thanks Followers With Sketch Video

Quote Quote:
    Manga creator Hiromu Arakawa (Fullmetal Alchemist) thanked all the Twitter followers who posted congratulatory comments recently by drawing a sketch in a video:

Shogakukan posted the video on Wednesday in response to the deluge of messages that Arakawa received to celebrate the release of her fifth Silver Spoon manga volume. Shogakukan also created a television commercial by filling an entire blackboard with messages via Twitter, the web, and elsewhere:

The manga's official website posted a zoomable image of the blackboard so people can see all the messages up close.

The fifth volume went on sale on last Wednesday with a limited edition that bundled two teaspoons.

12. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Shueisha Aims to Have Shonen Jump in More Countries

Quote Quote:
    Hisashi Sasaki, deputy director of the Shonen Manga Group and former editor-in-chief of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, posted on his Twitter account on Monday that Shueisha will try to bring Shonen Jump not just to South America but "to all over the world." Sasaki said, however, that he could not yet give a timeline for the magazine's release in other countries.

Currently, Weekly Shonen Jump is partially available in English in North America via Viz Media's Shonen Jump Alpha digital anthology. The manga chapters featured in Shonen Jump Alpha are published two weeks after their debut in the Japanese magazine, but Viz Media plans to move to a simultaneous model with Japan "very soon."
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...more-countries
    Lets Go Rangers!

United by Pride, Driven by Passion, Bound by Loyalty!

I AM A RANGER!!

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes yes yes please!!Germany!!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Unpublished Early Osamu Tezuka Manga Discovered

Quote Quote:
    An unpublished manga that pioneering creator Osamu Tezuka (Mighty Atom/Astro Boy, Jungle Emperor/Kimba the White Lion, Phoenix) drew when he was in his late teens has been discovered. The manga dealt with post-war societal problems such as the black market and food shortages.

Tezuka had given the 19-page manga to a middle-school classmate, who then kept it for over six decades. Tezuka Productions acquired the manga for about 3 million yen (about US$37,000) after it was displayed in a Tokyo used bookstore this past April, and the studio confirmed that the manga is from the studio's namesake founder.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a nice find, but in the end it's just one out of dozens/hundreds[ideas] of manga he created. I'm half through an analysis of his characters/topics/narrative structure of his manga and Osamu's done a lot already until Shintakarajima was published for the first time in '47. That reminds me that I'm so far behind on reading his works...
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It has been announced that long time seinen manga sunday series Shizukanaru Don will be ending source> @manga_sundayTwitter
    Spoiler show

The manga began serialazation in early 1988 to dates it has spond 96 total manga volumes along with live action films and a ova.
    Quote Quote:
    This manga depicts the life of Shizuya Kondou, a man who designs underwear by day and is "don" of a gang at night.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan Manga Volume to Bundle Anime DVD

Quote Quote:
    This year's 50th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that the limited edition of Hiroshi Shiibashi's 25th and final Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan manga volume will bundle an anime DVD on March 4, 2013. Shiibashi himself is supervising this new anime project which will tell the anticipated secret origin of the Nura clan. The limited edition will also include an exclusive postcard. The first anime DVD to be bundled with the manga will arrive with the 24th manga volume next month.

Shiibashi launched his three-chapter Aoi Rasen-Jō Saishū Kessen (Aoi Spiral Castle's Final Battle) story arc of the manga in the Summer issue of Shonen Jump Next! in August. The second chapter debuted in the Fall issue last month, and the final chapter will run in the Winter issue.

Viz will publish the 12th volume of the manga's original Weekly Shonen Jump run in North America next month; Hisashi Sasaki, deputy director of Shueisha's Shonen Manga Group and a former Weekly Shonen Jump Editor-in-Chief, said that "we will make sure" that the Shonen Jump Next! sequel run will be available in English as well.

Viz Media also streamed the two television anime series with English subtitles in North America. Viz's Neon Alley service is streaming the English dub of the anime onto PlayStation 3 consoles.
    ---------- Post added November 12, 2012 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was November 08, 2012 at 09:11 PM ----------

Shūmatsu no Rafter by Kekkaishi's Tanabe Previewed

Quote Quote:
    This year's 51st issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine will launch Yellow Tanabe's newest manga series on November 21.

Shūmatsu no Rafter takes place in a peaceful city, some years after the death of a "white devil." However, a group of demons appear one day. One man can beat them — a demon eater.

The new manga will be Tanabe's first series in one and a half years after she ended Kekkaishi.
    Best news of this week.

24. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast