Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Which manga/anime/Asian drama made you cry or close to?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: which manga/anime made you cry or close to?

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Strangely enough, I did not feel like crying at all. It was so depressing and hopeless, crying wouldn't have helped me deal with it better. In a way you could say that was even worse. There is happy>neutral>crying>depressed(bokurano).
    At least that's how I felt.
    I agree, I didn't cry either but it was so depressing sometimes that I felt like crying would actually make me feel better. You know, like crying it out to calm down. Hope you get what I mean

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I had tears running down my face during the anime version of Kidd's (Kid's?) book burning scene in the anime adaption of Konjiki no Gash bell. I've never cried during an anime and or manga, but the music, the voice acting, and...goddamit everything was perfect for that scene. The manga had me sad, but the anime had me wiping my tears in embarassment and just the sheer sadness of it all. It didn't help that Nazo-nazo Hakase was like 'I know. You don't need to say anything.' Toei's always been hit or miss animation wise with me, but they ALWAYS get the best VA's and music. Even One piece had me sniffiling at some points.

Mangawise, I didn't cry but I did really feel bad for Luchiru in Anagle Mole about chapter...12. When he's all like Dammit, It would have been better if I were born a human... His tears and expression got to me. Amongst his own people he's seen as a reject, and the humans he's supposed to help destroy take him in and give him love and care. The whole series is simplistic, but my heart went out to him during that scene....I hope to re-translate it so the proper sentiment is expressed soon.
    Last edited by Bomber D Rufi; September 17, 2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Hiatus)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Ended)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Ended)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/
    Now with 100% more plurk!
    http://www.plurk.com/BomberDRufi

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well the very first anime that made me cry was (and hardest if i may say so myself) "Grave of the Fireflies". I watched it 15 years after it was made and i have never been in a situation that resembles Seita and his sister nor do i know any1.... but for some reason it just made me cry rivers everytime that little girl started to slurp stones. till that time i didnt even know i could even cry from a movie/anime/manga etc.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which manga/anime/Asian drama made you cry or close to?

My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (Korean Drama)

Spoiler show
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Crayon Shin-chan
    I had tears in my eyes when that little annoying brat sang a moving goodbye song dedicated to his classmate who hates him. So touching. ;__;

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Crayon Shin-chan is one of the manga with so many tear jerking arcs, especially in the later volumes. I was really sad to found out that the Mangaka of Shin-chan died from an accident . Too bad it's not really popular in the scanlation community though, and I'd recommend it for those who seek random humors and a drawing style which is need some time to get used to.

My eyes were wet when I finished watching 5 Centimeters per Second, not because it's a sad story per se, but how it is beautifully executed. The story is something I can relate to myself as well, and probably that's the reason why I was being sentimental when I finished watching it.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Wait, I forgot about Grave of the Fireflies. I remember now that I watched it as a child, and yes, I remember it was very touching.

Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spirited Away

The ending was a bit of a: "wait, what?!" than really sad. But in retrospect I tend to realize just exactly how the whole world in the anime functioned left a sore feeling in my soul.

Aside from the very shadowy love story, I really thought about how the rest of it all fits in, For example the underlying Marxist way in which the workers were presented, the idealization of the working class that worked for Yubaba left me wanting to know more about them as well. Also Chihiro's parents and their whole moving to another place thing. Really a common thing in today's world, migration. These kind of themes left me wondering and sad simply because they are kind of unsolvable in their core in the real world as well.

It's just an overall sad story but with a seemingly happy ending, even though most of the side stories have sad endings, at least part of the main story ended a bit happily with the reunion. Still the anime is a punch in the gut.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's see...

Right now I can't remember any other manga that made me cry but Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Moment of apologize is usually sweet and important, but when someone says thanks instead even though he has suffered and done lots of bad things... I was just sad because this character always has a rough time and it feels like he isn't really happy throughout the entire series. I was crying just like that. XD A webtoon manhwa Can't See Can't Hear But Love made me almost cry few times because how touching it could be sometimes with its lesson about life.

For anime, well, there are some. Angel Beats! (that ending, lolwut), Kimi ni Todoke (this one I cried a lot, I don't know why, I just cared about Sawako so much that it made me sad when she was sad), Code Geass (deaths of season 2 were just..). I can't remember the rest. Mostly are related to deaths, but with Sawako of Kimi ni Todoke, even happy moments when she was able to open up herself could make me almost cry of happiness. XD

Now as for drama, there's quite a lot. The latest, I cried hard twice for Reply 1997 (in hospital and at episode 15; hardest was at episode 15, more than that will be spoiler, lol). The series itself is great and touching, but at those specific moments I was just touched. Those moments were sweet, real, and proves of love from your family is just neverending. Next is The King 2 Hearts. For those who watch the series, perhaps I don't need to say which scene made me cry because it's rather obvious, lol, but the clue is episode 19. Let's just say that I had to witness a heroic death of a character I didn't expect at all. Heck, I thought he would live happily for all he had been through. But they just had to do that to him. The movie Hello Ghost made me cry too at the ending, it was just very sad and sweet. Again, family related.

I feel like there's a lot of titles I forget so I'll update again when I remember.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

There are so many so many manga/anime/Asian drama that made me cry...
    I always cry when I see a scene of someone heartbroken.. I guess it's because I can relate...
    I'll list some that made me cry hard...
    Hakuouki is one that made me cry for a week. I think I was really saddened that the main characters died one by one, and Hijikata's death is just so heartbreaking... For a week, that scene stayed on my mind and every time I remembered it, I just cried.
    Honey and Clover too... I even ended up crying while laughing since every time there was a particularly heartbreaking scene, it was followed by a silly scene. I usually cried when Yamada was thinking about Mayama because I can relate to her the most...
    Natsume Yuujinchou also made me cry a lot in some of its episodes... Mostly on the episodes about the love between human and youkai, and Natsume's childhood... Those scenes are so heartbreaking...
    Fairy Tail is the winner though... I cried so hard at the scene after Jellal was taken and Erza was crying... It was just too much. Even until now, I still feel like crying every time they are meeting or thinking of each other. It's not helping that the relationship between them is still unresolved. It really makes me frustrated.
    As for manga, the only one I can remember now is Hana to Akuma. The end is so bittersweet I couldn't help but to cry.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto made me cry a few times. And usually i cried when i read the scenes and i cried again when i watched the animated scene.
    Spoiler: specific scenes show

Bleach made me cry too.
    Spoiler: especific scenes show

ZE made me cry for the first time while reading a Boys Love manga.
    Spoiler: especific scene show

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

clannad
    Spoiler show

toradora
    Spoiler show

kokoro connect
    Spoiler show

maybe a few others but those three were just flat out epic

---------- Post added May 06, 2013 at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was May 01, 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

anohana is now at the top of my list

i dont see how anyone could watch that show and not be moved to tears, it is pretty damn epic
    Last edited by REN KOUEN; May 01, 2013 at 03:33 PM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    clannad
    Spoiler show

toradora
    Spoiler show

kokoro connect
    Spoiler show

maybe a few others but those three were just flat out epic

---------- Post added May 06, 2013 at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was May 01, 2013 at 03:27 PM ----------

anohana is now at the top of my list

i dont see how anyone could watch that show and not be moved to tears, it is pretty damn epic
    Really? I laughed my ass off about the forced drama

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think Clannad or Kokoro were forced at all. I support the conventional wisdom with Clannad, one of the best anime I have ever seen. I genuinely cared about Nagisa and Tomoya, truly a moving anime. Kokoro did not exactly make me choke up, but the friendship between Inaba, Iori, and Taishi felt natural, real, and well executed. Inaba, in particular, was a fantastic character. I never finished ToraDora (someday I will), so I won't comment on it.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity MiyamotoMusashi's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I didn't think Clannad or Kokoro were forced at all. I support the conventional wisdom with Clannad, one of the best anime I have ever seen. I genuinely cared about Nagisa and Tomoya, truly a moving anime. Kokoro did not exactly make me choke up, but the friendship between Inaba, Iori, and Taishi felt natural, real, and well executed. Inaba, in particular, was a fantastic character. I never finished ToraDora (someday I will), so I won't comment on it.
    If it´s an answer to my post, i was talking about Ano Hana which he also referred to

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member liductan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well..normally I am an emotional person..but I hardly ever cry when watching something..except a few scenes in naruto..
    Spoiler show
    I have a black-belt in sarcasm, a degree in smartass and experienced in Bitch. Yep, I am damn ninja..

---you have been warned..

New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast