Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This Week Golden 23 Goals 4,5 - Discussions and Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chaos_master's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

This Week Golden 23 Goals 4,5 - Discussions and Predictions

Tsubasa gets 2/3 of the chapter ... which is better than him getting the entire previous one

I'm not sure what Taka thought would grab the reader's attention more, Tsuabsa's dribble or the build up for the futsal player's skills, but to me, Tsubasa did nothing new or at least not something we didn't expect him to be capable of. On the other hand, I can't wait to see what Kotaro and Shinnosuke are about (I actually remembered their names!) and Misaki saying they're about to do something never-before-seen only made me tremble in anticipation for the next chapter, while completely ignoring the 12 or so pages Tsubasa took
    The day Naruto manga FAILED made funny ==> Chapter 448 Crack

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shinji's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week Golden 23 Goal 4 - Discussions and Predictions

As for me, I sure liked Tsubasa's performance better than just the speech from Misaki or the futsal players.

Moreover, let's face it, it will still be more impressive (maybe not as pleasant if we don't like Tsubasa, but still more impressive) than whatever thing we'll see in the actual japanese team.

Even if Tsubasa already dribbled past some players in the past, he never actually dribbled past a whole team. So yes, it's new and I actually never expected it to happen, I mean, more players than anyone, yes, but the whole team? Nope.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Hikaru Matsuyama's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, This is my first time reading Golden 23 so everything is all new to me that's why I'm so happy, but I feel like I'm still reading Road to 2002, does anybody feel so as well?

I'm not a Tsubasa fan but a Captain Tsubasa, so I didn't like what I saw in this chapter. I'd enjoy it, If Misugi, Diaz or Cruyfford did something like that.

I don't think I can wait for the next chapter, Captain Tsubasa is a great manga.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, it feels like rt2k2... Since it's what's coming immediately after. As you've said, it's captain tsubasa, not captain Misugi or a dutsch comic based on cruyfford. Tsubasa won el clasico but you must all remember that it didn't settle the liga: barca is late, madrid is still at the top, santana wants to confront tsubasa and natureza is waiting for another confrontation in the santiago bernabeu. Since the manga follows japan, it's only fair to follow its best representative, the main character, and since it's a soccer manga, it's also better to see some impressive soccer action rather than seeing the japanese players run... sure, the mini games can be fun but i also prefer real matches performances. Who cares if nitta scores here and not in a decisive international match?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as I appreciate the shift of focus on Nitta, that's not what I wanted to address.

Tsubasa had more than half of Road to 2002, with the final 40-50 chapters almost exclusively about him. So far, nothing wrong, because as you said, the manga is named after him. However, with the beginning of Golden 23, we finally have a chance to see something different in the Japanese training camp with all those players we haven't seen perform in a while, plus some new players who are there for a reason. And then, right after everyone's introduction and just as we're about to see some action from them, we're getting to watch Tsubasa again, taking the majority of 2 chapters.

Yes, the manga is supposed to be about him. Yes, he got real action rather than training camp exercises. Yes, he did something that in the real world should be perceived as phenomenal. However, after watching him do stuff like that during Road to 2002, especially non-stop in the second half of that series, I really wanted to see something new. Not something new by Tsubasa, something new! And new characters showing their skills is exactly the kind of 'new' that I was interested in, as well as seeing what a coach who hasn't been in action since the Captain Tsubasa series will do and how characters who got 3 of Road to 2002's 144 chapters are doing.

Sure, Tsubasa should get the spotlight for what he did in this match, but I just think the timing was wrong.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope, you're wrong, we didn't switch to tsubasa when we were going to see action from them. We switched during their run and warm-up. Now are you telling me you'd prefer to see them run and do some stretching rather than seeing some real action? See the mini games alright, but *warm up*? Come on. There is *nothing* interesting here. The timing was in fact, perfect, it's better to see tsubasa when they *run* rather than during the interesting parts of their mini-game or a good match of the olympic team! Do you think kira will actually coach anything in warm-ups?

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

They ended their warm-up and were about to start playing.

If you're talking about the moment they made the switch, then surely the gap in time could've been filled with one or two pages of something else, rather than a chapter and a half focused on the character that had been in every of the previous 50 or so chapters.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member angel1980's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Shinji, not meaning to rush you or anything...

But can you let us know whether your vacation is over and what the expected release schedule is for G23?

Thanks.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

They were about to start when the switch was already done. Proof that the switch was well-handled. Sure, show something else... What? Hyuga and Aoi who already had their own story even more recently? You're seriously making a big deal about Tsubasa's big match when the previous arcs had even more of him. I'll talk about it some more once i'm back. Vacations will be over in the end of the week (thanks for reminding me it's almost over). Release pace will depend on the translators...

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

It's exactly because the previous arc had a lot of him that makes me want some time without him!

Oh and about me making it a big deal, it's more to do with me sticking to my point, rather than being fanatical about it. It just bugs me, nothing more, but I'm stubborn when it gets to making my point. You just find some counter-argument every time and it just makes me keep going

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abo3omar's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaos_master View Post
    It's exactly because the previous arc had a lot of him that makes me want some time without him!
    Is Tsubasa your ex husband?
    In ThE NaMe Of God..Allah..I BeGiN & EnD All My PoStS
    Abdulqader Zeniddeen

Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

No, but I'm beginning to wonder if he's not Taka's current one ...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: This Week Golden 23 Goals 4,5 - Discussions and Predictions

The main character is often the avatar of the author. Tsubasa and Takahashi share the same birthdate, Kurumada is a sagittarius, Maison Ikkoku is a romanced version of Rumiko Takahashi's love life, and so on...

Anyway, coming back on why these chapters on Tsubasa were needed, well, probably not to those who are reading my posts here, (or Tsubasa haters) but to everyone else.

We have the reason I've already mentioned which is the fact that Tsubasa is the main character, of course.
    No matter how many times he appeared in other series, he's still the main character and wasn't featured in an important part of the storyline of this new series yet. You can't call the first volume of a manga "Captain Tsubasa" if Tsubasa isn't even here.
    Then, Road to 2002 feels like a few days for most of you, but it wasn't the case at the time. Even fan readers won't read the whole old series again to be up to date, it's the job of the author.
    Then, we also had the rather confusing one-shots and prologue that came before. Readers needed an update if only to understand where we were: I even remember you chaos_master, being confused as to when the story was taking place, if you hadn't my clarification back then, you would still be confused without these chapters.
    Also, when I said you were making a big deal out of Tsubasa's appearances in Road to 2002, it wasn't because I felt you were being fanatical, but mostly because this is hardly a counter-argument, since he appeared *even less* in Road to 2002 compared to the previous arcs. Compare Wakabayashi's match to what we saw of the Bundesliga so far. Compare Hyuga's match and his own mini-arc, or Misaki's match, to the High School tournament (that wasn't even featured in a series, but just in a one shot), or even to the RJ7 matches.

That being said, chapter 5 is here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

What was the dream Roberto couldn't fulfill...win the Olympics?
    Looks like the Tachibana twins might show something new too...and theres a mysterious atmosphere being produced by the Futsal combi, I really wanna know what they did to score against Wakashimazu...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the olympics, it's totally out of the question here. I can't tell which dream Roberto is talking about exactly, but it's anything that can be achieved in an european club, since Roberto never played in a big club outside of Brazil.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast