Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: who would win in a fight to the death?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uryū Ishida wins in both scenarios.

18 81.82%
  • Renji Abarai wins in both scenarios.

2 9.09%
  • First scenario-It will end in a draw somehow!

1 4.55%
  • Renji Abarai wins in the first scenario, but Uryū Ishida wins in the second scenario.

2 9.09%
  • Second scenario- It will end in a draw somehow!

1 4.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Renji Abarai vs Uryū Ishida

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Renji Abarai vs Uryū Ishida

I think Ishida would win. Even if Renji has bankai, I doubt he would ever hit him. Ishida could shoot 1000 shots at him before Renji could counterattack or use the quincy version of shunpo and than shoot him.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ishida vs Renji

I also get the feeling ishida will win this one. For one thing, ishida can actually control his power fully while renji can't. Ishida is also a much better strategist and desicion maker than renji during battle so given what little we have seen. We also saw how renji was able to keep up with the speed of a privaron espada, who in theory should be faster than a VC. I would think ishida is faster than renji. Bankai might give renji a fighting chance but in the end ishida would most certainly prevail IMHO.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mifune_Taichou's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately Ishida.

He's faster to the point I doubt renji could land a single hit in bankai apart from if he just canvasess the whole area with giant swipes and still I dont think he'd hit. On the flipside Ishida's arrows are very deadly and accurate. Add to that his Light Regen technique, Seele Sneider and that Sprenger technique(massive explosion), his quincy spells, his Heavenly Suit Puppet technique and he is easily too much for renji. Over the series Ishida has grown much more than renji has since their first meeting.

And if Ishida gets some way of using Final Form again it will be a slaughter-Renji wouldnt last 3sec. The way I see it Ishida now is easily captain level (not strong captian but captain nonetheless). In final form id say his overlall stenght is in the highest captain tier/double the standard captain power level. He dispatched Mayuri with such absurd ease and I get the feeling that in final form he could do it to most captains and espada.
    Credit to Thepocolypse for the Awesome sig

Shut up and drink your bleach juice!

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Chaos Shadow's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I also get the feeling ishida will win this one. For one thing, ishida can actually control his power fully while renji can't. Ishida is also a much better strategist and desicion maker than renji during battle so given what little we have seen. We also saw how renji was able to keep up with the speed of a privaron espada, who in theory should be faster than a VC. I would think ishida is faster than renji. Bankai might give renji a fighting chance but in the end ishida would most certainly prevail IMHO.
    Same here ishida`s Straegies, speed and maeby long range could possibly won over renji, im not saying without getting hurt heheh but i can see him winning over renji..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member xXAshisogiJizoXx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ishida may have severely underperformed in HM, but his abilities are very impressive. im pretty sure seele schneider still has some tricks that we have yet to see, aside form being a glorified arrow. renji would have no chance.
    Not Perfect is GOoD

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd consider Ishida to be the second strongest in Ichigo's "crew". Which includes Renji and Rukia.

He's got the speed, while, I don't recall Renji even using shunpo so far (or Kubo didn't make it obvious that he did, just that he could keep up with some of Byakuya's shunpo). Renji's bankai is all brute strength. He didn't even come close to hitting Byakuya in his battle. He swept accross all the towers, causing massive destruction, but not even close to hitting Byakuya who was just using standard shunpo to run away. Menawhile, Ishida has precision arrows, and lots and lots of them, Renji's bankai could probably block most of them, but that leaves him on the defensive. And then once you factor in the seele snieder and other quincy spells, I think IShida takes the win.

As for if Ishida is captain level? Well, if you consider Ishida a weak captain, then you must consider Ichigo an average captain then (not counting his ichigonator form of course).
    Current Theories/Beliefs for Bleach:
    -Barragan and Halibel arn't goners yet-Confirmed
    -Ukitake has an absorb and redirect type shikai (think baby nel vs. Dardonii's cero)-Confirmed
    -The VL army/group that Aizen supposedly has doesn't exist-Pending/Waiting for confirmation on Wonderweiss
    -The Vizards have ulterior motives, by ulterior I mean they arn't just going to be goody-two-shoes and help out the SS that betrayed them just to get back at Aizen-Pending

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ozehro's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mifune_Taichou View Post
    Definately Ishida.

He's faster to the point I doubt renji could land a single hit in bankai apart from if he just canvasess the whole area with giant swipes and still I dont think he'd hit. On the flipside Ishida's arrows are very deadly and accurate. Add to that his Light Regen technique, Seele Sneider and that Sprenger technique(massive explosion), his quincy spells, his Heavenly Suit Puppet technique and he is easily too much for renji. Over the series Ishida has grown much more than renji has since their first meeting.

And if Ishida gets some way of using Final Form again it will be a slaughter-Renji wouldnt last 3sec. The way I see it Ishida now is easily captain level (not strong captian but captain nonetheless). In final form id say his overlall stenght is in the highest captain tier/double the standard captain power level. He dispatched Mayuri with such absurd ease and I get the feeling that in final form he could do it to most captains and espada.
    you are forgetting the basis behind his power. His power comes from
    the reishi around him. i.e it's not his own power. so depending on
    the place he fights, the result would vary accordingly.
    so I wouldn't rule out Renji so quickly. remember that Renji's snake thing
    can also provide pretty good defense by covering Renji. so Renji has an
    answer to light regen attack etc. Renji also has a powerful beam canon attack. If it lands on Ishida then I think he will be done for.

*Predictions:*
    |Ulquiorra was the only VL under Aizen|
    |Aizen is not the last villain in Bleach|
    |Use the espada sig and Credit Geoff|

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozehro View Post
    you are forgetting the basis behind his power. His power comes from
    the reishi around him. i.e it's not his own power. so depending on
    the place he fights, the result would vary accordingly.
    so I wouldn't rule out Renji so quickly. remember that Renji's snake thing
    can also provide pretty good defense by covering Renji. so Renji has an
    answer to light regen attack etc. Renji also has a powerful beam canon attack. If it lands on Ishida then I think he will be done for.
    but it would never land because renji doesnt know enough kido to immobilise him. Also while the reisi point is true, ishida hasnt fought in the real world since he powered up so we dont know the effect. I doubt it will be that drastic however because Quincy evolved to fight in the real world.

@eddy01741

I agree, I think he is defo the 2nd strongest. I think Ichigo at the end of the SS arc would i say be a mid tier captain(and just now in his Ulq fight having regained that same or similar level). I think he could beat captains like Mayuri, Tousen and Komamura, possibly soi fon and Zaraki as well but I think in reality if zaraki went all out from the beginning Ichigo would be toast. If we take him as a lower to mid tier captain I think Ishida easily qualifies as a lower tier captain (In final form id rank him as a high tier captain).

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Renji vs Uryuu

dude there's no such thing as a final form.
    That tool he used against Mayuri simply absorbs a serious amount of
    reishi in his environment. It's not in credit of his own power and for that reason
    Ishida himself is not even close to captain level. tbh do you think Ishida's arrows
    would even penetrate Renji in bankai? I'm doubtful..

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

The glove made it harder to collect reishi. When he took it off his ability to collect reishi became much greater, the restraint was lifted.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; August 29, 2009 at 02:35 AM.

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I see so all of a sudden he absorbed at a much higher rate than
    before. and the surge in reshi helped him make that ultimate arrow.
    still the point remains that he relies on his environment and not his own
    reiatsu.

Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozehro View Post
    I see so all of a sudden he absorbed at a much higher rate than
    before. and the surge in reshi helped him make that ultimate arrow.
    still the point remains that he relies on his environment and not his own
    reiatsu.
    Thats really a pointless argument however because reishi are everywhere so he can do that everywhere without too drastic variations in power. Thats just his power-thats like me saying "yeah but chad only got his arm because hes in HM". He fights by absorbing reishi and if he uses the glove and then releases it he can do final form. The catch is he'll lose his power. My guess is Ryukken can do it at will but thats besides the point.

Renji stands no chance even without final form. why would his arrows not penetrate? Renji's body doesnt get tougher in bankai he just gets that crappy snake to swing around, which he could never hit Ishida with. Imho game set and match ishida Uryu

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats really a pointless argument however because reishi are everywhere so he can do that everywhere without too drastic variations in power. Thats just his power-thats like me saying "yeah but chad only got his arm because hes in HM". He fights by absorbing reishi and if he uses the glove and then releases it he can do final form. The catch is he'll lose his power. My guess is Ryukken can do it at will but thats besides the point.
    The point is that Ishida has a limit as to how much power he has because
    he's not in control of the reiatsu density in the atmosphere.
    where as reiatsu beings produce their own power and don't rely
    on independent factors for their strength. So quincy by default
    fight on their back foot. However quincy like Ryukken might know
    how to absorb a lot more reiatsu. but that's just a guess atm.

Renji stands no chance even without final form. why would his arrows not penetrate? Renji's body doesnt get tougher in bankai he just gets that crappy snake to swing around, which he could never hit Ishida with. Imho game set and match ishida Uryu
    because those with low reiatsu usually can't penetrate those with
    higher reiatsu. remember how Ichigo first struggled to even scratch
    Zaraki while he still had an eye patch? The difference between bankai renji
    and Ishida would be similar to that in regards to arrows.
    so I don't think those arrows would penetrate renji in bankai.
    and the glove thing is a final desperate attack. If he misses then he's screwed. so having to rely on such a risky move doesn't necessarily mean he would win against Renji. tbh I'm not sure how much faster Ishida is compared to Renji...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Uryū Ishida Vs Renji Abarai !

Fight Location: Seireitei, Soul society.

Rules:

First Scenario-

-Ishida can use everything he has used in the manga, except for his final quincy form. (Ishida can't use the final quincy form that he acquired momentarily to beat Captain Mayuri Kurotsuchi, in Soul society.)

-Renji can use everything he has used in the manga, including his Bankai.

Second Scenario- (For fun?)

-Ishida has access to everything he has used in the manga, including his final quincy form.

-Renji has access to everything he has used in the manga, including his Bankai.

~FIGHT !!
    Last edited by Jackk; November 05, 2010 at 01:12 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Uryū Ishida Vs Renji Abarai !

Uryu both scenarios

renji is dumb n slow

uryu is clever n fast.

first scenario ..uryu lures him into the trap tech he used on syazel (it nearly killed syazel)..n he used it on yammi to throw him down the tower

second one shots with final form..

uryu wins easily

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast