Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 123

Thread: Least favorite AG character, and why?

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Kururu is as skilled as Simca, so you don't need kururu when you could have Simca instead. Simca could have been a bit more tactful and Hako wouldn't have stolen the regalia; therefore Sora wouldn't have got the Regalia, Spitfire would be still alive, Yoshi would be still alive, Aeon would be working for Ikki, and the Trophaeum would be taken without much difficulty

  2. #17
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sesshiru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    South Africa
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Quote:
    Kururu is as skilled as Simca, so you don't need kururu when you could have Simca instead. Simca could have been a bit more tactful and Hako wouldn't have stolen the regalia; therefore Sora wouldn't have got the Regalia, Spitfire would be still alive, Yoshi would be still alive, Aeon would be working for Ikki, and the Trophaeum would be taken without much difficulty
    and u would then have no story

  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    I disagree. The fight between Genesis and SF would have been much more interesting, and it'd be a lot more realistic, among other things...

  4. #19
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CannedJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario.
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Kururu is as skilled as Simca, so you don't need kururu when you could have Simca instead. Simca could have been a bit more tactful and Hako wouldn't have stolen the regalia; therefore Sora wouldn't have got the Regalia, Spitfire would be still alive, Yoshi would be still alive, Aeon would be working for Ikki, and the Trophaeum would be taken without much difficulty
    Umm...you're kidding right? Simca is no longer with TTT(I think the acronym is three T's XD), so it only made sense that Kururu be introduced. Simca already had another role to play, and thats the annoying chick in the wheelchair(Joking :P). But seriously, Kururu is there to surpass Simca in terms of tunning.

    And I highly doubt that those events would be much(if any) different. And I'm preeeetty sure all those events that you listed sparked some pretty serious character development.

    I'm just guessing here, but umm....Kururu is one of your least favorite characters, right?(Gotta stay on topic, too :P)


    I'm loving Sanji's little pornstar look. Black Leg Sanji should now be Middle Leg Sanji.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eyesotope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    the character I hate the most is Kururu, why? because of her uselessness, she's there only because Oh!G decided to shove another girl into the story..

    supposedly, she's the pledge queen and she's Ikki's tuner, despite the fact that she's never done anything to warrant either title..
    it feels like your idiot colleague in the office getting a promotion over you because he's the GM's son.. just plain annoying and outrageous..

    as far as I'm concerned she doesn't deserve to be a main character and she shouldn't be one.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #21
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CannedJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario.
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyesotope View Post
    the character I hate the most is Kururu, why? because of her uselessness, she's there only because Oh!G decided to shove another girl into the story..

    supposedly, she's the pledge queen and she's Ikki's tuner, despite the fact that she's never done anything to warrant either title..
    it feels like your idiot colleague in the office getting a promotion over you because he's the GM's son.. just plain annoying and outrageous..

    as far as I'm concerned she doesn't deserve to be a main character and she shouldn't be one.
    Not supposedly, shes is. :P To say she hasn't done anothing to warrant the title is a bit of a stretch, no?

    I will honestly say I am a dedicated Kururu fan, so this may seem a little biased. But, I became a dedicated Kururu fan when I saw how much she cared for Ikki. When Sora reaveled everything an nobody else was there to bare the pain with Ikki, I believe Kururu was there by his side. When Ikki fought against Ringo Kururu was there. When working on Ikki regalia she worked day and night(sure she slipped up resulting in Sora getting the regalia, but still). When Koga fought against Kururu's father and Co.(truthfully don't remember their name) Kururu made up her mind and went with what she saw fit(sounds like character development to me, pretty important to a main character, no? ). And I'm positive after Koga's match against Sleipnir(sp?) Kururu will be back in effect with Ikki's new regalia and such.

    Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts on this thread. I just felt like replying to get my english skills ready for when school starts because I love high school soooo much(sarcasm), and I love me some Kururu(non-sarcasm). :P


    I'm loving Sanji's little pornstar look. Black Leg Sanji should now be Middle Leg Sanji.

  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    527
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by eyesotope View Post
    supposedly, she's the pledge queen and she's Ikki's tuner, despite the fact that she's never done anything to warrant either title..
    she can assemble ats in seconds, and is a genius at makigami's level---->she deserves the title as pledge king
    she's the one who understands ikki the most and whom ikki "chose" to be his link tuner--->she deserves to be ikki's tuner...more like, she's the only one who can be his tuner, and sheìs the best link tuner in the world at that so i don't see why ikki should settle for anyone else...

  9. #23
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CannedJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario.
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by king_crimson- View Post
    she can assemble ats in seconds, and is a genius at makigami's level---->she deserves the title as pledge king
    she's the one who understands ikki the most and whom ikki "chose" to be his link tuner--->she deserves to be ikki's tuner...more like, she's the only one who can be his tuner, and sheìs the best link tuner in the world at that so i don't see why ikki should settle for anyone else...
    Agreed. 100% agreement :P.


    I'm loving Sanji's little pornstar look. Black Leg Sanji should now be Middle Leg Sanji.

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Simca was a better tuner than her; She DESERVES the title more. If she wasn't actually trying to HELP people, she would have been the pledge king (queen?)
    Use Kururu as fang target practice, that's what I say...

  11. #25
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member killerb33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Netherlands
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Use Kururu as fang target practice, that's what I say...
    I agree on that agito needs something new to aim at and it would make her usefull.

    I am glad that nobody said anything bad about onigiri and just about kururu

  12. #26
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    Simca was a better tuner than her; She DESERVES the title more. If she wasn't actually trying to HELP people, she would have been the pledge king (queen?)
    Use Kururu as fang target practice, that's what I say...
    Show me where it says Simca is a better tuner? Last time I checked Ine stated that Kururu matched Simca in tuning abilities. http://www.onemanga.com/Air_Gear/146/09/ Also Simca gave up her chance to be Pledge queen when she joined Genesis. So Kururu deserves the title Ine gave her the title so it's hers.
    Last edited by Carnevil; September 06, 2009 at 11:35 AM.

  13. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CannedJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brampton, Ontario.
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by killerb33 View Post
    I agree on that agito needs something new to aim at and it would make her usefull.

    I am glad that nobody said anything bad about onigiri and just about kururu
    Ha! I could've went insane on the Onigiri dislike, but my huge hate for Ringo saved his worthless ass :P.

    Although, Agito should actually use Onigri for practice, that way Agito can learn to cut through real thick objects Maybe that way Onigri may actually learn something too


    I'm loving Sanji's little pornstar look. Black Leg Sanji should now be Middle Leg Sanji.

  14. #28
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,344
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Hmm...get back on topic guys..if you really want to argue about Kururu and Simca create a thread..

    That said...

    Onigiri..a character who is supposed to be comic relief but has failed miserably at that thus far...the Sleipner battle went way up on my favorites list since he got taken out.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

  15. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eyesotope's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    Jordan
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    691
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedJam View Post
    Not supposedly, shes is. :P To say she hasn't done anothing to warrant the title is a bit of a stretch, no?
    no? then what in hell did she ever do anything that actually influenced the story significantly?

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedJam View Post
    I became a dedicated Kururu fan when I saw how much she cared for Ikki. When Sora reaveled everything an nobody else was there to bare the pain with Ikki
    for me I was more pissed by Ikki's reaction than impressed with Kururu's, I was expecting Ikki to punch through the screen in anger or do something retarded (like he always does), but he decided to cry like a sissy and wait for consolation

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedJam View Post
    I believe Kururu was there by his side. When Ikki fought against Ringo Kururu was there. When working on Ikki regalia she worked day and night(sure she slipped up resulting in Sora getting the regalia, but still).
    all of which (the events you mention) were practically pointless, if you omit them from the story no one will miss them or feel that something is missing.. and that's my main problem with her, she's just never done anything significant plot-wise.. even Onigiri got a few lame victories here and their in some of Kogarasumaru's battles.

    Quote Originally Posted by CannedJam View Post
    When Koga fought against Kururu's father and Co.(truthfully don't remember their name) Kururu made up her mind and went with what she saw fit(sounds like character development to me
    uhh.. but since her character/mind set didn't really change after that, there wasn't any real development.. actually, since her introduction Kururu has never had a character changing event happen to her to develop her personality anyway..
    perhaps with the possible exeption of the time when Ikki thought she was kidnapped and busted up her old man's car (incidentally that was one of the very few times I actually liked her)

    and btw good luck in high school

    Quote Originally Posted by king_crimson- View Post
    she can assemble ats in seconds, and is a genius at makigami's level---->she deserves the title as pledge king
    she's the one who understands ikki the most and whom ikki "chose" to be his link tuner--->she deserves to be ikki's tuner...more like, she's the only one who can be his tuner, and sheìs the best link tuner in the world at that so i don't see why ikki should settle for anyone else...
    all what you mention as all well and fine.. if it was actually useful

    so she can assemble ATs in seconds.. to bad they'll break a few seconds after that, and even if they don't it's not like that ability of hers was ever useful to anyone..

    she deserves to be Ikki's tuner, he chose her, and she's the only one who can be his tuner.. too bad that she's never actually tuned him..
    yup, she's useless imo

    Agito should put her to good use and practice those fangs on her

  16. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Least favorite AG character, and why?

    Carn, Simca may be equal to Kururu, I was wrong about that. But imagine if simca didn't leave TTT. Ikki wouldn't have become a storm rider, and there would be no story. At All. Basically, If Simca hadn't left TTT, Kururu wouldn't have been needed at all; Ikki wouldn't have become the wind king thus needing a tuner, and Simca would be pledge king...

New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts