Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bleach Theater & Arcade Mega Convo and Simple Q&A Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach EP 245 Discussion

Ichigo has, as of now, faught Zangetsu, Muramasa, Hyorinmaru, Getsubori, Haineko and Tobiume, Byakuya, Rukia's sword (TWICE), and Senbonzakura (TWICE). Of those only 4, MAYBE five if we count Rukia's blade, make reasonable amounts of sense as to why he'd confront them. While the focus has no doubt not been complete on him, he's more or less been at LEAST given a solid presence in every episode, despite the fact that he was the LAST person they should have sent to Soul Society.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing which annoys me a bit about this filler is that it kind of destroys the image I had of Zanpakuto spirits. I mean, they all look human like(or humanoid) >.<

I preferred it when Hyourinmaru was an ice dragon and Zabimaru was a monkey >.> Showed that Zanpakutos came in all shapes and sizes. Now they all seem to look humanoid in one way or another. Also, I kind of disagree with a few of the representations, but hey, I'm being nitpicky lol

Other than that, the arc is going ok I suppose. The fights aren't really all that wow to me, but they're decent.
    Last edited by Forever_Melody; November 11, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hokuto-Tenki-Sho's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Ichigo has, as of now, faught Zangetsu, Muramasa, Hyorinmaru, Getsubori, Haineko and Tobiume, Byakuya, Rukia's sword (TWICE), and Senbonzakura (TWICE). Of those only 4, MAYBE five if we count Rukia's blade, make reasonable amounts of sense as to why he'd confront them. While the focus has no doubt not been complete on him, he's more or less been at LEAST given a solid presence in every episode, despite the fact that he was the LAST person they should have sent to Soul Society.
    sorry and please take it not in the wrong way.
    You sound like the people complaining about Naruto's air time.
    As per Naruto, Ichigo is the main character in Bleach, it all started with him becoming a shinigami and will end also with him.

All the other stories and characters in the manga/anime can be considered "fillers", otherwise we would be talking of a 1 men standing show.

Said that, Ichigo is not my favorite character therefore I try to enjoy any opportunity given to the others like is happening with this filler.
    It is thanks to this filler that we are discovering the true physique of the zanpakotou which for me is not something to be ungrateful/unhappy for.

yes they could do/show us more, but then we would have the "Ichigo boys" complaining about the limited air time given to him.

I am afraid that we are witnessing (as we say in Italy) the story of a short plaid. No matter how hard you pull either your feet or your head will stick out.
    with this manga/anime you cannot please everybody
    Naruto's best text line: "nice to meet u im Jiraiya, u can give me a love letter later?"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Ichigo is the main character, annoying and bland as his character is. The issue is the plot has to make everyone absolutely retarded to send him into this situation when people like Chad and Ishida, whose powers CAN'T betray them, would have been far wiser. I won't deny the guy his right to a certain amount of focus, but as of right now he's not only the LAST person they should have sent, he's also entering into confrontations and being the forefront of the striking force despite there being practically NO reason why it would be as such.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    The filler arc quite frankly HAS gotten pretty bad, especially with the annoying amount of attention Ichigo's been getting, but yeah, I'd agree canon is frankly worse at this point. I mean really the only thing I want to see is if they actually manage to add DECENT filler bits to the fights, but given the next one is Ichigo vs. Ulquilorra, followed by Barragon and Harribel, this seems unlikely. Starrk may entertain though I suppose... >>

Also, though I wouldn't take this with a grain of salt...

246. Special Mission! Rescue Captain-Commander Yamamoto!
    247. Deceived Shinigami! The World Collapse Crisis
    248. Dragon of Ice and Dragon of Flame! The Strongest Showdown!
    249. Senbonzakura's Bankai! Offense and Defense of the Living World

LOLWUT @ 248.
    sooo Hitsu's zanpakutou vs....Yamamoto's?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity DARK's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    sooo Hitsu's zanpakutou vs....Yamamoto's?
    Who else in the Soul Society has a flame-type zanpakuto?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DARK View Post
    Who else in the Soul Society has a flame-type zanpakuto?
    Yeah, i guess it's true... maybe yamaji zan finaly materialize and start to fighting? If true, wow that's very fantastic..... i wonder how yamaji zans look like in human form...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hitsug@ya ta1ch0u's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by espadaboyzz View Post
    Yeah, i guess it's true... maybe yamaji zan finaly materialize and start to fighting? If true, wow that's very fantastic..... i wonder how yamaji zans look like in human form...
    YESSSSSSSS Strongest Fire vs. Strongest Ice.
    Shodai Mizukage-dono

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member UnknownQuincy's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll probably stop watching this filler arc if they show Yamamoto's Zanpaktou (edit: In any form other than what we know from the manga! ). Heck, I might stop watching fillers, at all, ever.

I don't care how much money they make or what, they are starting to just run rampant with Kubo's characters, and I don't like it. Killing Zanpaktous left and right while having a full on betryal of one of the most in-depth captains, while showing off zanpaktou materializations of swords we have yet to see almost anything from...

If Kubo hadn't been the one to draw these zanpaktou spirits for the animators, I would have never watched the first episode. Besides, the facial animation of the charachters is so off, you have to know thier specific features and voice to recognize them ! Kenpachi doesn't look like Kenpachi, he looks like some crazy hunchback, and his voice, Taicho's haori, and eyepatch (and so on) are what makes me recognize him, not his face, like when Kubo draws him.

As far as this being better than the manga, I completely disagree. I'm really excited to see what happens next manga, while the next filler anime just has me wondering what piece of cannon information they will exploit as hard as they can next episode.

Maybe Yoruichi's Zanpaktou spirit will materialize and spoil the manga some more for us... awesome. After all, we see in ONE PANEL she *does* have a Zanpaktou, so we give it an entire "black cat" based personality and powers, and no one will care ! I can just see the studio execs bugging Kubo for this new material "they will use only in the anime" ... gah.

Edit: If they wanted to show off the abilities of the Zan's, they should have had Yamamoto hold a competition of VC vs. VC. Taicho vs. Taicho, and winner of Taichos vs a few selects, such as Yoruichi and Yamamoto. It would be easy enough to keep Shinigami both to weak and to powerful to exchange a few blows on the sidelines. I know that's boring and cliche, but I guess I'm just saying I know they need fillers, but most animes don't try to rewrite the story with them ...

Would have served the same purpose, without this crap about killing Zanpaktous and made up materialized forms of swords, that we still don't even know what they do...
    Last edited by UnknownQuincy; November 11, 2009 at 11:40 PM.
    I have no interest, and you have no skill...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Galbert-Kun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

strongest fire v. strongest ice, sounds promising because of no "fierce fight" label attached to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jakes
    Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.
    ---------

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1691077

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Theater & Arcade Mega Convo Thread

After hearing Harribel's English voice again, I realized I recognized it, so I looked it up.

Lo and behold, my favorite sexy lady from FMA, Lust, is also one of my favorite sexy ladies from Bleach!

Although, I gotta say....that voice suits Lust much more than it does Harribel.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Theater & Arcade Mega Convo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    After hearing Harribel's English voice again, I realized I recognized it, so I looked it up.

Lo and behold, my favorite sexy lady from FMA, Lust, is also one of my favorite sexy ladies from Bleach!

Although, I gotta say....that voice suits Lust much more than it does Harribel.
    Hmm... I agree that I found the voice actress's performance more satisfying with Lust than Harribel, but I think that is more because of the character than the VA.

Lust was much more vivacious as a character than Harribel. The sultry voice sort of suits the general idea of a character like Harribel IMO, but because Harribel shows such little emotion, the delivery comes across as sort of flat. (Harribel reads like a flat character in the manga; so, this flat performance really does match her manga depiction well to me.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 353 Discussion

Speaking of filler and ulq does ulq kinda look like murusa or what ever his name is when the blood comes out of him eyes....just a thaught.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 386 Discussion/387 Predictions

come on! say something about the movie that mentioned in the manga... no one is excited about it???

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 386 Discussion/387 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by extrememangalover View Post
    come on! say something about the movie that mentioned in the manga... no one is excited about it???
    Need a little more info or a trailer before i can get too excited, but his hollow form is on there so maybe he will be in the movie.....

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast