Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: Must watch episodes list

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Isshinnamikaze's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Must watch episodes list

Hey guys, I have recently been collecting anime in 720p and 1080p, but I've only got movies so far. Such as the Gundam OO movie.

I wanted to ask everyone if we can come together to highlight Bleach episodes with beautiful art or must watch battles in the anime. Such as the newest episode 308 which looks superb in 720p. I understand that Bleach used to be only SD until after Grimmjow's battle but please feel free to recommend any Must watch episode. A couple I can think of are Grimmjow's battle, Byakuya's battle, Ulquiorra's Battle and Ichigo's Vizard training. I'll add EP# later.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Must watch episodes list

Wow nobody replied. So will I.

Well, I'm not going to list all the must-see episodes, for there are too many, but I'll sum some that I have in mind right now :

#060~062 - I know those episodes aren't wonders of art or animation but I feel it would be unfair not to talk about them since we're in a "Must Watch Episodes List". An acquaintance of mine once said : How could a mere battle shonen come up with such an intense succession of plot twists and revelations ?
    There's no possible way the Soul Society arc could end in a better way than what was done here. The proof that Bleach is more than an exhibition of cool characters ; it has a story, and a good written one (well at the very least until the end of SS arc, the quality of what comes after is relatively arguable).

#118 - One of the rare episodes that might surpass the original manga content. Entirely focused on a side character's fight, yet we see the first Ressureccion ever and we discover a new Bankai while it wasn't expected at all. All of that with a decent animation and (almost ?) no boring moments.

#166 - The animation went up to an unrivalled level and brought us breathtaking and unforgettable action scenes. Possibly one of the most memorable fights in the whole Shonen genre.

#203 - I consider this episode as a new version of the 60~62 ones. You know, Aizen blowing the minds of everyone by explaining how he planned this and that. Not only that, but also the Fake Karakura Town arc (or the Winter War) begins in this very episode.

#270~272 - Hard to describe how intense those episodes were. An Ichigo pushed beyond his limits by a Resurrected Ulquiorra. Note that the fight takes place in a special location, aka Las Noche's Dome under the constants night and moon of Hueco Mundo. Doesn't sound like an important detail but I've always liked this setting. And this battle concludes in an unusual, hopeless and moving way. Pierrot Studio did a satisfying job in portraying this battle.

#294 - Yamamoto Genryusai displaying his full strength. I don't need to say more.

#308 - The anime adapted the manga content in an almost perfect way. I couldn't ask for something better. Ichigo takes the meaning of the term "badass" to a higher level and Aizen is interrupted while improvising his usual philosophical speeches. Awesomeness in its peak.

#309 - Not aired yet but I don't even need that to tell that it's going to be an awesome episode.

(possibly my longest post ever...)
    Last edited by Magnus; February 13, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Must watch episodes list

#52/53: Renji's battle with Byakuya. One of my favorites in the series.
    #58: Ichigo goes bankai for the first time
    #162: Ichigo and Ulquiorra fight for the first time
    #166: Ichigo's epic battle with Grimmjow in Hueco Mundo
    #219: Hisagi's battle with Findor Carias
    #270-272: Ichigo's ultra-epic battle with Ulquiorra

I recommend all of these episodes because I myself have seen every one of these episodes at least 3 times apiece. (and that is an underestimation).

And the one thing they all happen to have in common is great animation. Especially with the later episodes.

New Reply