Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore vol 18 (chap 96 - 100) Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Forever_Melody's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 96 Discussion/97 Predictions

Sooo just for fun, what do you think is the reason Raki hasn't been overtaken by the parasites yet? I for one hope(like 2 face) that it isn't something dull like willpower lol Perhaps his exposure to Youki from Isley and Priscilla all these years has given him some kind of immunity? Or perhaps they trained him somehow? This is one of the things that puzzle me of the chapter.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats make two of us . Lets see, Raki indeed has gotten strong, really strong as compared to what he used to be in the past. Isley and Priscilla may have aided / trained him. But to resist those parasites, there sould be a catch. I can't quite make it out yet, a weird thought I had was may be Isley gave him something to become strong. Probably, a way-off kinda thought.

What are the effects of parasites on humans as compared to Claymores? I mean definitely Claymores have different body chemistry as compared to a human body. May be the parasites are more suited or has more rapid growth in Claymore body rather than a human body. Assumption based on the fact the new entity, which emitted them, is a fusion of two Claymores.

Exposure to youki, hmmm, did we have any such reference in manga, that youki can effect others. I can remember Innoue, Chad etc. were effected by Ichigo's Reiatsu in Bleach.

I too don't want to think Raki is resisting on his willpower. But one thing I noticed, Beth was overtaken by that creature when she was injured severely here. Whereas Raki's injuries were not so severe, (clicky). What I am implying? Beth looked injured to the point where she was about to lose consciousness, if she already hadn't. Raki, on the other hand was in his senses. So may be mind can play role in resisting those parasites.

Sorry if none of what I say made any sense. I, myself is at a loss over this one.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; October 15, 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I'm sure the state of consciousness of the user has something to do with it, but I'm not sure it's 100% willpower. I mean, I'm sure Raki wasn't the only person who got hit was he? He was just the only person who survived.

Also, I don't think it was mentioned whether or not the Awakeneds create by the parasites would die out like the kitties. For example, will the Awakened created by Beth simply fight until it dies? Unlike the kitties, it can feed upon Beth's Youki no?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No one said that the kitties or spikes feed off of youki. We don't know if the spikes differentiate between humans and claymores, so it may actually be that humans are at an advantage here. Also, I think it is likely that the kitties didn't infect anyone else. For all we know, the spikes only get shot out when the kitty gets injured, so I'm guessing most of the townsfolk wouldn't have put up enough of a fight to make it that far.

Beth was taken over not by a little spike shot out by a kitty, but by a kitty itself. And it's a little hard to tell, but it seems to me that she was able to resist the kitty for about half a day. Denebu was infected by these things but she cut off her arm right away, so we have no data on how long it would take the small spikes to take control of the host. Maybe it's just a really slow process...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

After Priscilla ate some uninfected townsfolk and pulverized converts, Raki got infected. In response, Priscilla gave Raki a portion of herself (fight fire with fire?). With a "limitless" supply of yoki being pumped into the spikes, the infection would be kept at bay. Beyond that, I don't know what she's up to, nor do I know how Yagi intends to rationalize the above scenario.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually what I was asking is if the kitty created by Beth would suffer the same "timed death" phenomenon that the regular kitties do. I mean, it'd suck that Beth would die like of a time limit

I also wonder what happened to Priscilla >.>

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Forever_Melody View Post
    Actually what I was asking is if the kitty created by Beth would suffer the same "timed death" phenomenon that the regular kitties do. I mean, it'd suck that Beth would die like of a time limit

I also wonder what happened to Priscilla >.>
    Quite possible, we cant really be sure since we dont know how beth becoming a kittie might affect how it works but since she was pretty much empty and had almost no personality i could see her kittie acting the same way, fight and destroye until it runs out of energy the only difference would be that she would be alot stronger than the other kitties and would last alot longer since she has more youki.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's what I was thinking. Also, there comes the question of Alicia into the equation. We saw that Beth's "infection" affected her as well, so I wonder if the kitty properties will transfer to Alicia somehow and if she will also suffer from that time limit(or more like she'd just go on a rampage until she tired herself to death).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity CBlitz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wait since Raki has the flesh of an entity greater than the ABs, does this mean he'll get an enormous power-up? Also the pacing of this manga is really slow, especially for a monthly series

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh u shouldnt complain about it being slow at least most of the pages are meaningful, different from lets say gantz that comes out every 2 weeks but the mangaka drags the whole thing with hundreads of pages of just faces or people staring at each other. To be honest i think raki is still conciouness either by will power or because those things work different on humans slower, actually we dont even know how long would it take for it to devour a claymore since what happen to beth is different from being hit by the small parasytes and deneve cut her arm off before we could see what would happen.I dont see how Isley or Priscilla would have the ability or knowledge to make something more than human but i could be wrong.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member roku-sky's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBlitz View Post
    wait since Raki has the flesh of an entity greater than the ABs, does this mean he'll get an enormous power-up? Also the pacing of this manga is really slow, especially for a monthly series
    Yeah, but it is still some form of an awakened. The last time they put an awakened being into humans, they've got these mindless psycho abyssal feeders.

But who knows, it already merged with him so the outcome might be different. Or else you'll have something like Resident Evil movie where Clare kills some badass monster, then finds out at the end it was Raki...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Raki should be strong since Isley trained him. that mutant, yoma thing is powerful is sh*t. i see a war coming on between the organization and that thing. there's more to it and i can't wait for it.

what's two-face doing in claymore?.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the Rafaela/Priscilla thingy can do more than fire kitties... Clare mentions it'll just do that until it dies, but what if its purpose is interrupted(or in the process thereof)? While the darts act as offensive, they aren't exactly the best form of specific defense(more like a Free-For-All shooting lol )

I wonder where Priscilla went btw. It'd be interesting to see her engage the Rafaela/Priscilla being.

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

That thing has no sense of self, so its not aiming to protect itself and it wouldnt regenerate its fresh if it got injured, as they mentioned before that thing is like a weapon of destruction it will keep sending kitties until it runs out of energy and dies.Its only purpose is to destroy so i doubt it would create anything otherthan those kitties.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well maybe it has other ways of destroying than kitties. I mean, seems it can only fire those kitties at a certain distance and if say everything within that distance dies, what does it do then? Does it wait until something else comes along to kill that? Considering how massive its youki is said to be, it'd potentially be able to keep sending kitties for months if not years with perhaps nothing to kill(considering the kitties die too fast to cover any actual ground).

New Reply
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast