Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Claymore vol 18 (chap 96 - 100) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 100 Discussion/101 Predictions

i'd like to see Priscilla take on Aizen. i kinda think she'd win the one-on-one.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Mali
    Post Thanks / Like

wow great chapter. Does this mean Clare actually can't awaken ? Not enough yoma flesh and blood maybe ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kaliayev's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sigh, absolutely nothing was resolved with that chapter...*bangs head into wall*. The only thing worth talking about is that last line.

p.s. You mean Jean didn't have to sacrifice herself?! Okay, screw you, Yagi.

p.p.s. I need some Galatea action soon or I won't be able to take this black hole in the plot.
    Hello, Dave. Is that you, Dave?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

If my memory is good, i remember Rubel said on long past chapter back in when Claire still on training test village: "Isn't she support to be a failure ?". "Support" i mean she have something inside her body; some kind of limiter ?. Cause look at the picture, i guess she only 80% awaken )
    P/S: since she relate to Rubel, don't you guys think she has Dragon blood, flesh or anything like that inside her body as well. It will be more dramatize if she has those thing )

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

so...i really am not satisfied with the lack of plots that comes from the recent chapters... yes clare was obviously not going to attack pric, and clare obviously wasn't going to get owned..such huge shocking news...
    oh and all the things between clare and raki were just...

clare:hey raki...
    raki: omg! it's cl..clare! runs to hug her
    clare: well. i guess ur safe, good luck, *leaves

3 lines of conversation :O?
    ...claymore-the end-...

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ckkdlek View Post
    so...i really am not satisfied with the lack of plots that comes from the recent chapters... yes clare was obviously not going to attack pric, and clare obviously wasn't going to get owned..such huge shocking news...
    oh and all the things between clare and raki were just...

clare:hey raki...
    raki: omg! it's cl..clare! runs to hug her
    clare: well. i guess ur safe, good luck, *leaves

3 lines of conversation :O?
    ...claymore-the end-...
    If she actually met up with him, I'd imagine she'd have a harder time leaving him than she thinks. Yeah, not a lot of plot pregression this chapter, but it had some nice action, and hell, the plot is still progressing faster than Bleach.

Oh, LoS, you only have to wait one month for the next chapter. The April issue comes out in march. The month is actually for the stores so they know when to take the magazine off shelves, and return it to the publisher.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha? What went on? Did Priscilla prevent Clare from Awakening? Which, of course, would mean that she has the same kind of power as Galatea's as well, but, but...

Man, I was looking forward to seeing Clare's Awakened form. I figure it would be pretty weird what with her arms not looking at all alike.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Priscilla mentioned "Clare shouldn't be able to fully awaken", what does that mean?
    is it because Clare is 1/4 youma?

I have a wild theory: won't it be interesting is Clare can fully awaken while retaining her human emotion? (because she's 1/4 youma). Then she'll be easily one of the strongest Claymore out there, with a power to rival the Dragon Clan, maybe.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member gernot's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor Priscilla, doesn't really know what to do... She thought if she only found that scent, something would miraculously bring her memories back, but now what... She muses that it might help if she kills Clare, but didn't she actually save her life? It's not exactly clear, but the way I see it, the first time she kicked Clare, she prevented her from being hit by a projectile...

What beats me is how Priscilla can be so all-knowing and clueless at the same time... She immediately saw through the twins' connection, she has profound insight into other's ability or at least makes profound statements like "You *can't* awaken, can you", and at the same time, she has no memories and can't come up with anything better than killing Clare to get them back?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member poobert's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReanaCamellia View Post
    Priscilla mentioned "Clare shouldn't be able to fully awaken", what does that mean?
    is it because Clare is 1/4 youma?
    Well her legs and her left arm fully awakened before with no problem, and they did again now. It just stopped after a much shorter time with damage done to her ?!?!

Did Clare try to awaken the rest of her body or just her limbs like against Rigald?
    My blog. Not very interesting, but if you are bored and want to burn time, there are pages of junk to read!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

That fight is getting boring...and still destroyer didnt even get hit...
    Clare can`t awaken but i have no idea why
    and no more news from Jean,Cynthia,Miria and others...
    Yagi is trying to run the manga forever?

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter was GODLY! SO we now know that Priscilla only stayed with Raki because he smelt like Clare, we finally have a confrontation between Clare and Priscilla, Clare is willing to awaken to kill her, Clare half-awakened again, AND we found out she can't awaken (man I wish Kubo would right like this, where the plot actually moves and exciting things happen). I have three theories of why Clare can't awaken:

1) She doesn't have enough Yoma in her.

2) Her subconscious is now part of Rafaela and since Rafaela has already awakened maybe Clare's brain thinks that she has already awakened and therefore cannot do it.

3) Or (and this one is my favorite) a tiny part of Teresa is still left in Clare's mind,, from the tissue they took from her and put into Clare, and is preventing her from fully awakening her because she doesn't want her "daughter" to awaken.

But I can't see how Priscilla would know any of these. And I don't think Priscilla manipulated Clare's yoki so she couldn't awaken because 1. It's not like Priscilla would be afraid of her awakening because she believes she is invincible (which she kind of is) and 2. The way she said that Clare couldn't awaken was stated as a question.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikayto's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is it safe to say priscilla is the strongest character in Claymore so far?

Destroyed the twins
    Destroyed the egg things
    Laid smack down on clair
    Destroyed the Abyssal beings

Even after not feasting on humans---amazing!

This means Teresa was a monster because Priscilla was much weaker than her. Recall Priscilla only managed to kill Teresa with her guard down.

It's getting scary on what the Organization is going to create or what being is going to give Priscilla a hard time.
    Last edited by ikayto; February 03, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

I want to show I can be a splendid ninja as well, even if I don't have ninjutsu or genjutsu ...
    I want to prove it to the whole world!

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ikayto View Post

Even after not feasting on humans---amazing!

This means Teresa was a monster because Priscilla was much weaker than her. Recall Priscilla only managed to kill Teresa with her guard down.

It's getting scary on what the Organization is going to create or what being is going to give Priscilla a hard time.
    nope, Priscilla ate the villagers before defeating all of those =)
    I think she said so herself, but i can't remember which chapter.

Priscilla was weaker than Teresa before her awakening. Maybe even Teresa can't beat awakened Priscilla, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by p1xel View Post
    and no more news from Jean,Cynthia,Miria and others...
    Jean had fallen in Pieta.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Well her legs and her left arm fully awakened before with no problem, and they did again now. It just stopped after a much shorter time with damage done to her ?!?!

Did Clare try to awaken the rest of her body or just her limbs like against Rigald?

I assume she tried to awaken her entire body, because she said she wants to "abandon her humanity".
    Definetely, she is willing to unleash all of her yoma power to defeat Priscilla, knowing it has a high chance of taking over her humanity.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

As for why Clare couldn't awaken it's either because she became more immune to awakening due to so many partial-awakenings or she was brought back thanks to some part of Teresa's or Rafaela's memories. As for the second option, I don't think it was Galatea that has helped Clare to go back, she would have a hard time to get where Clare was in a short amount of time (she's blind after all, even if she was holding hands with others it would be difficult for her to travel at top speed). Destroyer was a bit too far away I think (and I wouldn't see a reason why would it even want to help Clare) and it seems mindless, Cynthia has her own problems, Tabitha is probably far away (and if she wasn't I doubt she would know how to make Clare go back) so if anything it should have sth to do with Rafaela or Teresa. Of course knowing Yagi he will think of sth more interesting and surprise us all.

BTW, Priscilla said that normal hellcat can't possess her because their "basic strength is too different". What if Destoyer has similar abilities and can also leech of claymores and AB, do you think it could also take control over Priscilla?

Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev View Post
    Jebus, where is all this Theresa automatically pwns awakened Priscilla talk coming from? (...)
    Eh... Because we remember Teresa's fight with Priscilla and we're not blind?
    Priscilla was the one begging Teresa to finish her off and was kneeling down in front of her (even though she had almost awakened). Sure, ultimately she killed Teresa but her fight with her was pathetic even though she used almost all of her youki. She licked Teresa's shoes throughout the whole fight and won only thanks to dirty tactics, so yeah, she was pwned.

Volumes 4 and 5 clearly show that Teresa had much higher factor by which her power increased than Priscilla. Her base strength was also much higher so Priscilla could have been stronger only if between 80%-100% she had exponential growth and Teresa only logarithmic or similar. I think it would be ridiculous although it's manga so anything is possible. If we went however the path "the simplest answer is usually the correct answer" I would be right. And since we know that awakening only increases ones power I'm definitely right. Most people that think Priscilla would defeat Teresa are forgetting that Teresa would also increase her strength many times more once she released her youki.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaliayev
    (...)
    As such, she lost, and she'd have the same detection problem against the fully awakened Priscilla. (...)
    So? We've seen that she could defeat Priscilla easily without using her youki detection, she lost because she went back to 0% youki release and wasn't fast enough but notice that at 10% she was faster and stronger than Priscilla at 80%.
    Notice that I'm not writing Teresa at 10-30% or Priscilla at 70-80% and the reasons for this are these:
    Firstly, it would be strange (not unbelievable but strange) that claymores would be able to control their power with only 1% margin of error. And who's to say that the demon power increases in regular and small changes by an increment of 1%. Maybe it's 10%, or 20%?
    Secondly, it would be strange if the symptom (golden eyes or distorted face) would be conveniently in these boundaries to 1% (i.e. at 29.9% the face would still be undistorted but at 30.0% distortions would magically appear). I for one would think that if Teresa was getting close to 30% we would see some indications of possible face distortion. The fact was however Teresa showed no signs of change.
    As for Priscilla, she was gradually increasing more and more youki, 80% was a point of no return and we know that during the fight she was beyond that point.
    Last edited by Goral; February 04, 2010 at 12:20 AM.

New Reply
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast