Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Claymore vol 18 (chap 96 - 100) Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 101 Discussion/102 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ikayto View Post
    Can someone explain the whole Claire vs. Regal and how it compare to the Priscilla fight? I got confused...
    To summarise it she is using what she learned and developed during her fight with Rigaldo into her fight with Priscilla.

Rigaldo and Priscilla aren't that much different in size so it works out well for Clare.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 101 Discussion/ 102 Predictions

Although this kinda has nothing to do with the chapter, I'd like to ask- do you reckon Rubel has been busted?

http://www.onemanga.com/Claymore/89/29/

The organisation already knows that hes a spy?

Anywayz, I think the next chapter will be on Dietrich and with some help on god knows what, fighting the parasites, and at the end of the chapter, Miria arriving OR Priscilla catching up to Clare. MIght be really slow but at leASt its kinda getting somewhere

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a theory that Rubel is the actual LEADER of the Organization, and he's just toying with everyone, which really fits in well with what i'd imagine the leader of Organization itself, being like. he made up the whole spy thing, just to earn Miria's trust as her "informant". He does the same with Galatea. I'm sure Rubel was involved with "negiotating" in Galatea not being executed when she was caught lying about Clare (and Jean) surviving the witches maw arc. Rubel then "allows" Galatea to watch Alicia in action against the 11 ABs of isley's attack the Org HQs, knowing it would push Galatea (whom is just as suspicious of the Organization as is Miria) over the edge, and would cause her to go awol, ending up hiding in rabona. Rubel uses blackmail of luciela's location, to force rafaela (a Claymore as powerful as Abyssal One Luciela herself) to be his personal body guard and assassin.... etc...

if you've seen Batman Begins movie, Raz al' Ghoul, pretends to be a subordinate of the League of Shadows, when he's really the actual leader of it. I see the same with Rubel and the Organization. Rimuto is just Rubel's puppet leader, and Rubel is the puppet master.

I think that whole scene of Rubel being "caught" by Rimuto of the Clare-dead Awakened Ophelia-dead former single digit female AB incident, was just a ploy set up by Rubel himself. The Organization and all its members are cunning. The leader of the Organization would have to be the most cunning of all to survive and maintain leadership of such a "crowd/group", and whom is more cunning than Rubel? NO ONE.

anyways... that's just a taste of this theory of mine of Rubel being the real leader of the Organization...

(i could discuss this theory of mine in much more detail, but not here. if interested, let me know, and maybe we can discuss it through pms or whatever)
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 14, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hege while i'm not saying your wrong (you could be right and it would be an interesting twist), the only questionable thing is how Rubel didn't know the AF's and Alicia + Beth were being sent to fight Riful (Or it could be all part of his plan lol so its interesting)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This theory of mine, IS total speculation.

But, I'm hanging onto it still, as it is so fascinating, despite it being highly unlikely in coming true, lol.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess, i'll go into my theory a bit, as response to your post, lol.

Alicia+Beth may not be Rubel's... they may be one of the other(s) black coats.

so, they (Alicia+Beth) posed a threat to Rubel. It's suspicious how Rubel "allowed" Galatea to see Alicia+Soul Link in action against the 11 ABs of Isley whom were attacking the Org HQs, and then proceeding to tell Galatea about Alicia+Beth+Soul Link. Notice how Rubel wouldn't mention about the first time the Soul Link was tried. Rubel wouldn't tell Galatea that Luciela had a sister, and that very sister is currently 2 ranks below Galatea as the rank 5. This is because Rafaela is Rubel's very own "right hand". Rafaela is Rubel's personal body guard and his Assassin. Did Rubel know that letting Galatea see and hear about Alicia+Beth+Soul Link and the inhumane conditioning of them (turning them almost devoid of emotions into robot-like obedient weapons), would push an already suspicious and in trouble (Galatea was suppose to be executed for her lying about Clare and Jean surviving the witches maw arc) Galatea into going awol/deserting/hostile to the Organization with knowledge of Alicia+Beth+Soul Link+their weakness with her... Also, was Rubel intentionally "buying" Galatea's trust, just like he did with Miria by being her "informant"?

let's see....

Rubel's ULTIMATE ARMY building/gathering:

(Rubel sure did a good job of getting/picking the "power players" that he could get on his "team")

1. Phantom Miria. #1 in leadership, team coordinating, and tactician/strategist. Also, she's the fastest Claymore too. An intelligent commander and "messanger" in a single "package". Miria is perfect for being the commander of Rubel's Ultimate Army.

2. God Eye Galatea. #1 in yoki sensing. What a great addition to Rubel's Ultimate Army.

3. Rafaela. Equal in power to her Abyssal One sister, Luciela. Also, she's the oldest, wisest, and most knowledgable Claymore. She herself is extremely powerful in both yoki use and power level. The "brawns/muscle" of the team in both raw physical power and yoki usage. Another great addition to Rubel's Ultimate Army.

4. Clare. the experimental Claymore with Teresa's very own flesh inside her. Clare is proving her potential. Rubel has the highest hopes for Clare, constantly pushing Clare, putting her into more and more impossible battles, to quickly train/improve/empower her up. Clare is the perfect wild card and trump card for Rubel's ULTIMATE Army!

(Rubel dared not go anywhere near Teresa. Oh no. Rubel ONLY finally showed up in the Teresa arc, AFTER Clare was holding Teresa's head up to him, lol. What a "gift from the gods" for Rubel! Rubel couldn't get his "hands on" Teresa while she was alive, as she was too smart and knew not to trust the Organization, and especially not Rubel... the leader of the Organization. But, now... this little girl was holding up Teresa's head to him. He could use this girl and Teresa's head to get his "hands on" finally on the supreme being, Teresa, by implanting Teresa's flesh into this little girl whom he could manipulate/control unlike Teresa...)

5. the Destroyer. Did Rubel know that Rafaela and Luciela would end up half merging and creating the Destroyer inside Rafaela's head? Wait, didn't Rubel say angrily, that Riful got to the half merged bodies before he could and "stole" it from him? So, how did he know? Why did Rubel coerce Clare into going to the Destroyer gaurded/captured by riful? Did Rubel merely want Clare to fetch back the Destroyer from Riful for him? Or, did Rubel know that Clare would awake the Destroyer and cause its emergence/awakening onto the scene? Did Rubel plan all this, to happen as the Organization had sent Alicia+Beth+AFs/AEs to wipe out the last remaining Abyssal One, Riful? Is this all according to Rubel's plan. Look at all the removed threats from Rubel's plans of "world domination"... Isley is dead. Riful is dead. Alicia is dead. Beth is dead. The AFs/AEs are dead. Priscilla can possibly be challenged by the Destroyer, or at least delaying Priscilla, until Clare (and/or the Ghosts) is(are) powerful enough to take out Priscilla for Rubel. Is Rubel and his own unbeknowing allies of the Ghosts and the Destroyer clearing a path for Rubel's Ultimate Army to take over the "world"?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

think of it this way.... the Organization wants an ultimate controllable weapon.

Well, Rubel wants an ultimate controllable weapon as all of his own, and not the everyone's in the Organization!

Rubel said that the Organization doesn't yet know about Half Awakens... yet, if he's the VERY LEADER of the Organization.... dun dun dun... he's got those HAs right in his hands... growing them (or just Clare)... into his very own ULTIMATE WEAPON.... though how controllable Clare remains to be for Rubel is questionable.... unless... Rubel happens to get some one... Clare cares about deeply.... say... maybe like Raki.... oh wait.... Raki HAS just been captured..... to use as blackmail against Clare (just like Rubel used Luciela as blackmail against Rafaela. Would Clare follow in Rafaela's footsteps and become Rubel's new body guard, and ultimate weapon "assasin".... HMM..... Rubel must be rubbing his hands together in such glee, that soon his hands will look like Dae's face! Wait... Rubel has long known about Raki... but Isley and Priscilla were protecting him... was much of the events all an elaborate plan to get raki back as well, so that Clare would be fully controllable, from raki being used as blackmail against her? as well as wiping out Rubel's threats/enemies... hmm....

I NEVER put anything past Rubel, he's capable of anything and everything!

Is Clare, unknowingly, becoming the very thing that the Organization, that the leader of the Organization, Rubel, wants? an ultimate controllable weapon, as HIS very own? Teresa was the ULTIMATE WEAPON, but she wouldn't allow Rubel to have control of her, but now through Clare.... will Rubel finally have control of the ULTIMATE WEAPON, Teresa, whom's flesh is now in Clare?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s.

i just seen a thread tab for "theory", so maybe at some point i'll make a thread of this theory of mine, and write it all out... which would be huge... a long long long report lol. this won't be happening anytime soon, though.. laughs.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah, I reckon Rubel is just the spy, nothing else.

I'm also under the impression Rubel just manipulated Galatea as he did with Miria, and letting slip info on purpose to lure her into going AWOL, nothing too complicated.

Whilst Rubel is rather cunning, I think he's bust =[

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member p1xel's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope for plot development in next chapter...or all that battle is getting more boring.
    There`s a really deep plot hiding somewhere,whole that big war and that thing.But we`re in the middle of a very long battle,that can take few months more before the end...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to think that the men in black are claymore's or something of a fighting nature as well.......Maybe they were the few male claymores that managed to refrain from awakening and didn't die off so they became what they are now which are basically managers. I hope I'm right that would add another dimension to this story that seems to be missing now that the big 3 are dead and claire doesn't seem to be able to compete with priscilla.

And does anyone else think Isley may have given Raki some of his yoma blood.
    Last edited by warriorofvirtue; March 29, 2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

an idea that has been going around for a long while, is the yoki suppression pills.

the Black Coats could be constantly on the pills to hide themselves as being Claymores or even Awakeneds, to their female Claymore forces.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's not blood transfusion, like with vampires. humans are implanted with yomas' (or awakened beings') flesh. Maybe, if Isley cut off a chunk of himself and implanted it into Raki....
    see it's highly dubious... at best.

a more possible idea is that Raki enountered the Org, and they did it.

however, if Raki was made into a male Claymore already... the Organization would have had much more interest in him, and certainly have kept him on "short leash", not letting him wander around with Isley and Priscilla for ~7 or 8 years.

the Organization is only interested in Raki now because he has still active small projectiles (fragments from the destroyer) in his arm and they are trying to mutate/change/awaken him.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 30, 2010 at 05:54 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner purearab318's Avatar
    Country
    Iraq
    Post Thanks / Like

wonder when is the release of c102

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Akiyama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The May issue of Jump SQ isn't even out yet, you will have to be patient.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member warriorofvirtue's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the clarification but don't you find it weird that raki can take down yoma all of a sudden i mean if it was just hard work wouldn't normal humans be able to do it.
    Raki must have something up his sleeve. I also think Claire or somebody else is going to intercept Raki and rescue him.
    Rigardo The Silver Eyed Lion King!!!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

humans CAN kill normal yomas. The normal yoma in the cathedral though was too powerful for Galk and Cid/Sid to kill (though it was only two of them, excluding Clare, not a group of humans), but the weak normal yomas are certainly killable for humans.

The 1st problem is identifying them. Raki had this same problem, except he had Priscilla pointing out the normal yoma to him.

The next problem is how to kill a decently superior being (a weak normal yoma) by an inferior being (a human). Well, you have to create an opportunity where a human or humans CAN slice up the normal yoma. This obviously is going to require a team effort, numbers. You need a bunch of humans. You need to distract the normal yoma, because it is faster then humans, in order to be able to make contact with it and cut/kill it. But, this CAN be done, if done right with a good plan and no messing up of it.

we actually see Cid/Sid or Galk even decaptitate a rank 2 awakened being! Agatha! Though her "head" was actually a fake head, her real head and body was hidden inside her exoskeleton/shell awakened body, which had created the fake head which was decapitated.

so, since humans have already managed to decapitate a rank 2 awakened benig, they can certainly do the same to a much much much much much much weaker/inferior normal yoma.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

though Raki is certainly powerful for a human, even superior to Galk, at least in most combat skills. I'd have to go back though and look at the Raki vs normal yoma battle to see if Raki also has more physical strength then Galk or not. I know that Raki certainly moves/reacts/fights better then Galk and/or Cid/Sid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

of course if the yoma-fleshed being has hard skin/hide, then humans can NOT kill it. humans can only kill soft skinned/hided yoma-fleshed beings.

Agatha was clearly soft skinned/hided, and that's why Cid/Sid or Galk was able to decapitate her. humans could never kill Dauf with his hard skin/hide, since they could never slice/cut into him.

If humans can cut/slice an opponent they can kill the opponent, including even a yoma-fleshed being (though excluding delving into the more complicated problem of regeneration ability, lol).
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; March 30, 2010 at 10:36 PM.

New Reply
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16