Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

Negative Syndicate

Re: Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfManyAnime View Post
    I thought so too, and I may be wrong, but isn't Sket Dance like that as well?
    Gintama and Sket Dance are doing same methods, but the authors are doing much better job than Aimoto (author of Hokenshitsu). Gintama's author and Sket Dance's author are really good at making comedy as compare to Hokenshitsu, and I think Aimoto should have change Hokenshitsu as action series than comedy.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree, I like Hokenshitsu but it still has a lot of off chapters.

Has a long way to go before it reaches the level of something like Gintama/Sket Dance.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I see.

And I was hoping this series would get an anime; it'd be really interesting to see how it'd turn out. I mean, this series was already given a VOMIC edition.

But I think the next 12 months are going to be the deciding factor for this manga series. I believe the manga is either going to continue alongside a new anime adaptation within this timeframe or end altogether.

I've seen anime adaptations of manga series start mainly when the number of chapters in the manga reaches the early 100s.
    Either this, or the manga series ends without an anime. So far, the latest I've seen a manga series end without an anime is Psyren at chapter 145, but I've seen most other manga series end earlier than where Hokenshitsu is now.

Having said that, do any of you think this series will get an anime?
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; May 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Negative Syndicate

Having said that, do any of you think this series will get an anime?
    I don't think Hokenshitsu will get an anime. It mostly ranks in bottom 5 and its tank sales is much lower than Psyren.

Currently, Hokenshitsu is in state of struggle for survival, not in the state of either get an anime or not. In order for Hokenshitsu to survive, there have to be at least two series that is doing much worse than Hokenshitsu.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Currently, Hokenshitsu is in state of struggle for survival, not in the state of either get an anime or not.
    But isn't a manga series struggling to get an anime and struggling to survive correlated? I mean, are there any manga series that survive beyond, say, 200 chapters that don't get an anime?
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; May 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Negative Syndicate

But isn't a manga series struggling to get an anime and struggling to survive co-related? I mean, are there any manga series beyond, say, 200 chapters that don't get an anime?
    It's kind of different. The series that got animation are serialize for at least two years with good ranking result, strong fanbase, and high tank sales. The survival is the author try to continue the series with very limited support from fans; and if there is limited number of fans, then there aren't going to be animation.

Jump cuts the series that mostly stay in last in order to fill new series. Hokenshitsu mostly ranks very low, and there isn't really the series that can be cushion for Hokenshitsu. So, I think Hokenshitsu has high possibility that it'll end when its current arc is over.

Also, there were series that didn't get animation beyond 200 chapters, like Mr.Fullswing, Rookies, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (well, it did get OVAs), Pyuu to fuku! Jaguar, etc.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    It's kind of different. The series that got animation are serialize for at least two years with good ranking result, strong fanbase, and high tank sales. The survival is the author try to continue the series with very limited support from fans; and if there is limited number of fans, then there aren't going to be animation.

Jump cuts the series that mostly stay in last in order to fill new series. Hokenshitsu mostly ranks very low, and there isn't really the series that can be cushion for Hokenshitsu. So, I think Hokenshitsu has high possibility that it'll end when its current arc is over.

Also, there were series that didn't get animation beyond 200 chapters, like Mr.Fullswing, Rookies, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure (well, it did get OVAs), Pyuu to fuku! Jaguar, etc.
    Well that's depressing to hear, but I guess what you're saying makes a lot of sense.

I'm just praying for this series to survive, but I won't be too disappointed either if it dies soon.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; May 16, 2011 at 12:40 AM.
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It finally happened. At 87 chapters as of the latest issue,
    Hokenshitsu no Shinigami is officially over.

I guess I was naive to think this series would get an anime. To be honest, I never liked this series as much as I did other shonen titles; there wasn't anything that stood out here. The general concept of Byoma limited the potential of this manga as there are barely any believable and enjoyable storylines that can relish out of it. The series getting a VOMIC got my hopes up, but I guess it just goes to show that just because it did, it doesn't mean it'll get an anime, especially if it's fighting and failing to stay out of the bottom 5 of the WSJ rankings.

---------- Post added June 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2011 at 04:04 PM ----------

One last thing I need to mention:
    For those of you who have found the raw chapter and read the last page, you'll notice there's a "To be continued" at the end.
    This "To be continued" refers to an extra story of the overall conclusion of the series to be published in an upcoming Jump NEXT magazine this August, NOT a continuation of the manga series.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see it because no one has ever subbed Jump NEXT magazine publications in the past, let alone upload any raw scans of them online.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; June 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lintwhite's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It finally happened. At 87 chapters as of the latest issue,
    Hokenshitsu no Shinigami is officially over.

I guess I was naive to think this series would get an anime. To be honest, I never liked this series as much as I did other shonen titles; there wasn't anything that stood out here. The general concept of Byoma limited the potential of this manga as there are barely any believable and enjoyable storylines that can relish out of it. The series getting a VOMIC got my hopes up, but I guess it just goes to show that just because it did, it doesn't mean it'll get an anime, especially if it's fighting and failing to stay out of the bottom 5 of the WSJ rankings.

---------- Post added June 25, 2011 at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2011 at 04:04 PM ----------

One last thing I need to mention:
    For those of you who have found the raw chapter and read the last page, you'll notice there's a "To be continued" at the end.
    This "To be continued" refers to an extra story of the overall conclusion of the series to be published in an upcoming Jump NEXT magazine this August, NOT a continuation of the manga series.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll ever see it because no one has ever subbed Jump NEXT magazine publications in the past, let alone upload any raw scans of them online.
    Actually, I was thinking of buying it and scanning it in. There are scans out there of it but they're in Chinese and I wouldn't be comfortable using them without permission. But when the time comes, I will definitely make sure that the conclusion is out there for everyone to read

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Shou Aimoto's back with her new oneshot, Rengoku. I wasn't sure if this oneshot warrants a new thread, so I decided to write about it here in the Hokenshitsu thread. Although I've only seen a raw form of the oneshot so far, I have a lot to say about it.

Looking through the raw oneshot, it seems like she just copied the designs of some of the characters from her previous work, Hokenshitsu no Shinigami. The male character has Ryuuki Senoo's exact hair and punk attitude, while the female character has Maya Kaburagi's pose and Niburu Hebizu's face and hair colour.

The synopsis also seems to be very similar with Beelzebub's when it first started. There's a town full of delinquents and the main protagonist has more than enough power to beat them all up. Actually, for all I know, this could be a blatant parody of Beelzebub. Himekawa's hairstyle is imitated in one page, the main protagonist wears a shirt that says "Ogre-kun", and after the main protagonist has beaten the students from his rival high school, he makes a pose similar to Oga's pose on the cover of chapter 1.

Another strange thing about this manga is how Aimoto named the high schools and the main protagonist. At the very beginning, we see two rival high school gangs from Enma and Naraku High. These two names translate to Devil and Hell High, but the names of the high schools themselves (円摩 and 奈楽) are merely homonyms of the actual Japanese terms for Devil and Hell (閻魔 and 奈落). The protagonist's name is Kiichi Amano. The kanji for Kiichi (鬼一 ) literally translate to Demon One, while his surname, Amano (天野) matches the surname of Akira Amano (天野 明), author of Reborn, whom Aimoto assisted in the past.

As for the storyline, I haven't been able to make much out of it since my Japanese isn't up to par. All I know so far is that Amano beats everyone up from Naraku High, his rival school, then walks home with his friends when he confronts a woman who shoots him with a pistol, making him grow a pair of breasts and basically turning him into a girl.

So what do you guys think of Rengoku?

I think both of Akira Amano's assistants, Shou Aimoto and Kenji Sakaki of Enigma, are rather eccentric in their solo works. I hope someone can translate the oneshot, as it might turn out to be something interesting.

P.S. One more thing I just noticed, If you rearrange the letters of RENGOKU plus a letter A, you can get the word KUROGANE.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; December 18, 2011 at 10:01 PM.
    - ALL YOU NEED IS KILL
    - BEELZEBUB
    - ILLEGAL RARE
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 51 OUT ---> Here

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4