Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 589 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Venezuela
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou
    Use this link to search for raws, translations and scanlations easily!
    Series begins in WSJ 2009 #41 (release date 07 September 2009)

About the series:
    A one-shot preceded the serialization. It was published in the Akamaru of Spring 09. Summary by tethysdust:
    Hadesu Sensei is no ordinary middle school nurse. In fact, many students believe he is a shinigami. His excessive friendliness and eagerness to win his students' affection does little to offset his terrifying appearance. But, fortunately for this middle school, Hadesu Sensei is an expert at extracting "byouma", demons of disease, from possessed students!

About the Author:
    AIMOTO Shou has already published the series Muddy early cancelled in WSJ. He worked on Katekyo Hitman Reborn! as an assistant.
    Last edited by Meromorphe; September 13, 2009 at 03:52 AM.

Negative Syndicate

Re: [NEWCOMER] Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

It was pretty good chapter, it was definitely better than Muddy. But I, personally, like Ashitaba's personality from one shot than the series. I'm not sure whether it is smart move on removing the heroin from one shot, I think it was pretty good move, I really didn't like the heroin in one shot.

I'll give a shot on this series, so I give 4/5 on this chapter.
    Last edited by Negative Syndicate; September 04, 2009 at 10:23 PM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with muwlove. Though I didn't understand anything of this, this manga seems to have more potential than Muddy. Muddy was bland, I hope this one won't be but I have this feeling it will be (that's something the future will tell us)

I also agree with the fact that the opening chapter was better than the one shot. There's some improvement:
    1. It's a good deal to to start the story with a gang of boys who end up becoming very good friends for what may come (whereas in the one shot, an annoying girl and boy got involved with the excorsism)
    2. How those demons enter the body was at least scarier than in the one shot. I liked the shadow attacking/entering its host. It's refreshing to do it
    3. It seems more people are involved with the main character's excorcism. Well, that's how I felt when some older people (principal?) were looking everything through the window

Let's see what it'll give
    Last edited by Koen; September 05, 2009 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Isa-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I read the oneshot after the first chapter -_- (silly me but I didn't know there was a oneshot before today).

But I think too it's good that the girl in the oneshot don't appear again in the first chapter, too annoying indeed (god she seems to know everything and I hate that ).

The plot ? I didn't understand anything (for the first chapter of course) but it seems interesting even if the idea of exorcism is like D. Gray-man... well not exactly the same but the idea is here (maybe it was because it needed to be replaced in the WSJ). I don't know yet if it annoyes me or not, I'll able to tell with more chapters I suppose. But now I agree with you, koenosaki, it has potential. I just hope Japanese will see it -_-'

P.S. Sorry if there is mistakes in my english.
    Last edited by Isa-Sama; September 06, 2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Seen a mistake

Negative Syndicate

I feel like Hokenshitsu is a mix of Nube and Neuro.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely an improvement from both Muddy and the last few months of new stuff.

Will probably follow it regularly if just for some of the monster art and the like.

Negative Syndicate

I'm really enjoying this series, it is becoming one of my favorite series. I think Aimoto did good work on changing heroin, I didn't like heroin from one shot.

But, I hope Ashitaba's personality was same from one shot. Ashitaba in the series is kind of boring, Ashitaba from one shot is more funnier than in series.

Negative Syndicate

I found a spoiler for chapter 7.

Spoiler: Summary show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kuuki's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hokenshitsu no Shinigami by AIMOTO Shou

The current arc looks awesome, even though I can't understand a thing but Hadesu-sensei's transformation is pretty epic looking and I gotta say he looks so cool with dark hair XD <3

Will someone be willing to translate this series please?

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Elken translated the first chapter. The translator note mentions someone has taken the series over.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I've read the first chapter translation by Elkin, but there isn't anymore after the first chapter..or is there?
    I don't mind waiting, I'm just hoping someone can pick up this serie because it's a really great manga. And now I feel relieved now that I know someone's picking it up!

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Elkin only planned on doing a chapter. The notes posted with said someone else is taking it up but I have not seen if they have posted any chapters.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Isa-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

No, there are two english translators but there isn't any chapters other than the first one.

I would like to know what's happening too (and translate it in french by the way) but I'm waiting to see if there will be other translations in english. This manga is great, it's true, despite its place in the toc of the Jump -_-'.

Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's time to revive this thread

The latest chapter is awesome. I feel that, a big and more serious arc is going to happen next.

I'm really interested to know about black haired Hadesu. Could that be his original look if he was a normal person? XD

And, Saizaki-sensei is a cool character too. Her interaction with Hadesu is simply adorable

Negative Syndicate

I think in order for this thread to survive, it needs more translations. I think there is only translation for one chapter on this point.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast