Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker Hang Out Thread

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker by Keuk-jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

I actually did start working on a transcript, but it's only at 10 pages because I tend to have trouble focusing on things.

Upon rereading Volume 10, I took a look at the cover flaps, and found an interesting tidbit. I'm pretty sure you all know that Volume 10 ends Part 1 of The Breaker. What you might not know is that they're apparently going to start releasing it online or something. Here's the translation of the author's notes on the cover flap. Not a perfect, word-for-word translation, but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeon Keuk-jin
    I may have already said this in the Author's Comments in Volume 9, but I'm truly grateful for the readers who have bought this book.
    It's because of you all that I have the chance to write stories that I like to my heart's content.
    I can't go to each and every one of you to convey my thanks, but at the very least I'll leave in words like this. Thank you for everything up until now.
    Talking like this makes it seems like it's bye-bye*, but it's not actually...
    In this volume <Breaker> concludes Part 1 and goes into Part 2.
    It seems like Part 2 will start focusing on Shiwoon's story so please anticipate it.
    Oh yeah, and the publishing / release medium is going to be changed.
    Starting from September you will be able to read new releases through daum (www.daum.net).
    For exact details go to the Breaker blog (http://blog.naver.com/tdstudio.do) and check.
    Also, you know that even if it's being released online scans are still illegal, right?

* Yes, it actually says bye-bye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Jin-Hwan
    There's been a change. What results that change might bring...
    Along with a great anticipation there's also a little... a very little amount of anxiety.
    I believe that as long as I work hard, that anxiety isn't that important.
    Please anticipate the new Breaker Part 2.
    With a sense of starting over from scratch, we'll try to make up for what Part 1 was lacking in and work hard to make an awesome Part 2.
    Let's meet at daum~~
    [Some other stuff about thanking people he knows which I won't bother translating]
    Note: daum is a Korean Internet portal, somewhat similar to Yahoo! and the like. If you look at the last story page of Breaker, you'll see the words "THE BREAKER PART1 END" and some Korea stuff, among them the word "daum". This is actually a pun. daum can also mean later, so the final third line can read as "Part 2 can be met in daum" as well as "Part 2 can be met later". Just a note. Park Jin-Hwan's comment about meeting at daum also makes use of that pun. And finally, an excerpt from the latest post in the blog, about the new format of Part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Blog Post
    그리고 브레이커 2부연재에 대해 궁금해 하시는 분들이 많으신데요
    2부는 다음 만화세상에서 연재를 하게 됩니다 방식은 웹툰형식의 스크롤이 아니라 기존의 뷰어를 써서 클릭을해서 넘기는 방식을 하려고 합니다 넘기는 방식은 기존 1부와 똑같이 됩니다

And it seems like there are a lot of people wondering about the publication of Part 2
    Part 2 is going to be released on daum manhwa world* and the format isn't the scrolling style of webtoons but rather we are planning on using a normal viewer that turns pages by clicking and the page format will be the same as Part 1

그리고 2부 책이 나오는거에 대해서는 똑같이 대원에서 책을 펴내게 됩니다 지금 회의중으로는 브레이커아래 작은 제목이 들어가고 1편부터 시작할 것으로 생각하고 있습니다 (아직 완전히 결정된건 아니에요..)

As for the books for Part 2 they will be released as always by Daewon right now at meetings we're thinking about putting a small title under Breaker and starting with Chapter 1 (it's not fully decided yet..)

브레이커에 대해서...2부에 대해서 많은 관심을 가져주신거에 대해 너무 감사합니다...그때문인지 스캔본이 벌써떠돌고 있다고 하더군요..
    아직 작가인저도 책을 보지못했습니다 그런데 일주일도 안되서 스캔본이...더운 여름...더 덥게 느껴집니다....

About Breaker... I'm very very obliged for all the attention that you're paying to it... maybe it's because of that that I hear that there's already a scan roaming around...
    Even I the author haven't seen the book yet but even though it hasn't been a week a scan is... the hot summer... is feeling hotter...

언제 2부가들어가게 될지는 조금더...나중에 말씀드리겠습니다....지금은 원고할 힘이 없네요....

As for when Part 2 will begin I'll say... a bit later... right now I don't have the strength to write...

*I'm not all too sure about what this is, though I believe it's pointing to the manhwa section at daum; the page for Breaker is here if you want to take a look.
    I'm not wholly confident in parts of the translation (mainly the second paragraph) cause my Korean isn't as good as my English, but other than that, I'm sure that I'm pretty much on mark.

The official blog for Breaker (as well as some other project the author seems to be working on called Beast Nine) is here if you want to visit, though it's in Korean.

To answer your question, Blud, if you really want to know...

Spoiler show

Also, a final note. Not sure if you've noticed, but page 5 (the second story page) was printed upside down, as noted in the blog above. The blog says that they're going to have a discussion and post the results on Thursday or Friday.

God that was tiring work.
    Last edited by ChaoticKen; August 02, 2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

2. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner godofmartialarts's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone put the raw scans in an online reader site or something because my computer broke and I have to use my PS3 for internet now lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKen View Post
    I actually did start working on a transcript, but it's only at 10 pages because I tend to have trouble focusing on things.
    <hr noshade size="1">
    Upon rereading Volume 10, I took a look at the cover flaps, and found an interesting tidbit. I'm pretty sure you all know that Volume 10 ends Part 1 of The Breaker. What you might not know is that they're apparently going to start releasing it online or something. Here's the translation of the author's notes on the cover flap. Not a perfect, word-for-word translation, but close enough.

Note: daum is a Korean Internet portal, somewhat similar to Yahoo! and the like. If you look at the last story page of Breaker, you'll see the words "THE BREAKER PART1 END" and some Korea stuff, among them the word "daum". This is actually a pun. daum can also mean later, so the final third line can read as "Part 2 can be met in daum" as well as "Part 2 can be met later". Just a note. Park Jin-Hwan's comment about meeting at daum also makes use of that pun. And finally, an excerpt from the latest post in the blog, about the new format of Part 2.

I'm not wholly confident in parts of the translation (mainly the second paragraph) cause my Korean isn't as good as my English, but other than that, I'm sure that I'm pretty much on mark.

The official blog for Breaker (as well as some other project the author seems to be working on called Beast Nine) is here if you want to visit, though it's in Korean.

To answer your question, Blud, if you really want to know...

Spoiler show

Also, a final note. Not sure if you've noticed, but page 5 (the second story page) was printed upside down, as noted in the blog above. The blog says that they're going to have a discussion and post the results on Thursday or Friday.

God that was tiring work.
    Spoiler show

I really cant wait for part 2.

Now a question, with this changover in digital releases, will the volume still be sold in paper? if they dont its going to cripple online scans of this awesome manwha, because you need a korean citizenship or some horsehit like that for that site. I remember some people saying on A-teams site that was the reason they arent up to date with the releases in Korea.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blog Post
    As for the books for Part 2 they will be released as always by Daewon right now at meetings we're thinking about putting a small title under Breaker and starting with Chapter 1 (it's not fully decided yet..)
    I believe that this indicates that it still will be released in book format; Daewon (or Daiwon) is the company that prints Breaker, so it's likely that they'll continue to print in paper, yeah.

Also, something else.

Spoiler show

There's more that I haven't delved into yet, but you didn't ask about that, so I won't go into it. XP

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

In most Shonens you hear the publishers anger about scans (Shūeisha, Kōdansha, etc.) not Oda, Kishi or Kubo (even if they are)

In "The Breaker" you actually read the Autors feelings, it is a more personal thing, more deep, like:

"Stop the scans you basterds I´m gonna rip you open!!!" or something as poetic as that.

Manhwa has it hard, he should hop on the "pay for online view"
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; August 02, 2010 at 10:33 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that this indicates that it still will be released in book format; Daewon (or Daiwon) is the company that prints Breaker, so it's likely that they'll continue to print in paper, yeah.

Also, something else.

Spoiler show

There's more that I haven't delved into yet, but you didn't ask about that, so I won't go into it. XP
    Spoiler show

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, something else.

Spoiler show

Even without knowing the language I was able to gather/guess all the above in your quote, except for the bold part. That I actually could not gather from the images alone.

As for specifics:
    Spoiler show
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are all you guys finding the raws and pictures?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, after reading the spoilers for Vol 10, I kinda don't want to read The Breaker anymore. I mean, I liked the relationship between GuMoonRyong and Shiwoon. I also think that Shiwoon's progress was a little fast but having him start back at zero is pretty dumb to me. It's almost like they're just scrapping Part 1. I kinda feel like I just wasted my time.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

True... I mean, I'll probably read Part 2 when it comes out but, only due to the fact that I read the first part and I want to know how it turns out.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's better this way, IMO.
    Spoiler show

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well i still think that it's a step back and part 1 is a waste of time (pending on how the second part turns out)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know why ppl think part 1 was a waste of time since Shinwoo starts over again. The Breaker is too amazing to just throw off like that. I agree with Thorn about Gumoonryongs actions. Part 2 will probably be amazing and I will read it just like I've read the first part.

Now animate this dang thing !!!!!!

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast