Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breaker Hang Out Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker by Keuk-jin Jeon and Jin-Hwan Park

vol 10 is out on crazymanga and it looks like thats the end of part 1 it looks like we have a switch in protagonist lol

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El-Thor View Post
    I don't know why ppl think part 1 was a waste of time since Shinwoo starts over again. The Breaker is too amazing to just throw off like that. I agree with Thorn about Gumoonryongs actions. Part 2 will probably be amazing and I will read it just like I've read the first part.

Now animate this dang thing !!!!!!
    I wonder if Shinwoo can heal from that. Remember he heals like a planaria so....

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 65 is out

http://www.ipitydafoo.com/

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member shakes12's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

hey i was just wondering if some one could translate the last 10 or 5 pages of vol 10. i would really appreciate it since i dont understand.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Good
    The breaker is a really good, amazingly drawn, filled with straight forward action and interesting, ridiculously specific, techniques. Good guy deaths.

Bad
    The series has it's own defects; the most remarkable is the absurdly ridiculous overpower that the teacher has. He strikes down a whole super-organization and its leader who outsmarted and weakened him with sheer power (and a little opportune regeneration... but then again, it only means he passed through the organization single handedly; quite literally) . This is seen very well if you like DBZ and the like where, everybody is useless but for the main character, it can get predictable and boring but also old school badassery. In my opinion the main defect is that there is simply nothing that can stop the teacher, there's really no villain since they are pretty useless too. The avenge the teacher is supposed to be epic, specially when it says he wanted to do it for years. Suddenly the character decides to do it saving his student in the meantime and achieves this!... quite easily. Why hadn't he done it before when the organization's location is known by all surpasses me.

General View

I tend to observe more the bad part of everything I read. With that said, to explain the enormously larger Bad paragraph of my view on the series, I really liked the breaker. It's powers are clever and simple, allowing for a bunch more to be created and still smell Fresh. Good guy's deaths are greatly appreciated by me, really, I love them. On the other hand easily won battles from the protagonist's side or by him are, for me, at the bottom of the pit. Tie?, Yes. An awesome manhwa so far, with promises of getting better, I just fear over time I'll stop carrying.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; August 18, 2010 at 12:32 AM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member El-Thor's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@ 7headedmirror : I disagree with what you wrote in your "Bad" paragraph. Why is the teacher SO overpowered and can pretty much pwn everyone? It's because he is Gumoonryong, the ONLY person in the history of the Murim to Master all 9 (or was it 7?) martial arts. He is so strong because, with the help of the black heaven&earth technique, he worked his ass off and attained that level. He wants to destroy everything the Murim stand for and that WAS his only goal.
    Ever since he started teaching Shinwoo, he began to forget about revenge and focus more on his student. He loved seein Shinwoo grow and he realized he is becoming more and more like Unwolf. But then these damn Murin came along and ruined it all !!!!! Still makes my blood boil at how effin' lame the Old Leader Guy is. Using such sneaky tactics to try and beat our beloved Gumoonryong. But the old leader guy was also kicking Gumoon's ass until he got some more Ki and busted his cast. So he is not untouchable. There are people who can deal damage to him or possibly even beat him (Like that tall calm looking dude who caught Shinwoo. Dunno his name)
    He also "decided" to avenge his master while rescuing Shinwoo because the Murin put him in that position. They attacked and kidnapped his pupil, so why not get some revenge while he's rescuing his student?

There's also a pretty damn confusing plot going on as far as Lady Sosul is concerned and wth they wanted to do with her in the first place. Do they wanna heal her? I really don't know... cuz it's confusing !!!

But ya.... I really like the Breaker, as you can probably see. Lol

Devil Fruits I want to see in OP : Tako Tako no Mi : Model Giant Octopus | Mythical Zoan : Model Griffin

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a note on that, if you've forgotten...

ChunWoo nearly died in the battle before he got up to the Danju. He and Shiho would have died if it hadn't been for ShiWoon hadn't shown up unexpectedly to help them get away. Then, if it hadn't been for Shiho giving him ShiWoon's ki, he would have been beaten by the Danju due to exhaustion in the battle before. You seem to acknowledge that yourself by noting that he was weakened and needed regeneration, yet how can you say he did it singlehandedly? Had ShiWoon not been there, ChunWoo wouldn't have been able to go on. ChunWoo didn't just charge in because he wouldn't have succeeded against the entire organization by himself. The only reason he ended up going in the first place was because ShiWoon got captured, and decided to keep going even after realizing that ShiWoon had somehow managed to escape again.

Furthermore, through the second half of Volume 9, ChunWoo was effectively in some superpowered mode that was engineered by someone else, meaning there are people who consider him a pawn. I don't know about you, but I do think that implies a greater villain in the works than the Danju.

@ El-Thor
    The dude's name is GangSung. It's my belief that he's on a similar level to ChunWoo as well.

As for SoSul, my memory is a bit hazy right now, but I believe it's cause she was in charge of the SunWoo clan?

EDIT: @ shakes

Here ye go. The last 11 pages, starting with the school scene. Understand that 1) I'm not a professional translator, 2) I did this in a short amount of time and 3) my Korean is much worse than my English and 4) I was unsure of whether to go for the literal meaning or the gist and ended up doing a bit of both, which may make the sentences seem somewhat... off.

Spoiler show
    Last edited by ChaoticKen; August 18, 2010 at 01:28 AM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

@El-Thor. @Chaotic chicken. Once again I like the manwha but the fact that a character too powerful, specially a good guy, can get boring is unquestionable.

Yes, he's trained his ass off... and Goku did before reaching Freezer, Vegeta, Majin Bu and every other villain. He trained. Training is, manga-literary-wise, an excuse. Even if there's a reason why he's over powerful doesn't change the fact that he is. As I said in my Bad paragraph it can be old school badass but when nobody has trained their ass off -supposedly- as him and even the strongest enemies are but pawns, you don't need to be genre shavy to get a little disappointed. Weren't they all professionals that aspire for the best?, so not even a whole building of the elite is able to withstand this guy, just tire him?; like when I go to the gym and end up panting... that's all they are to him: too many push ups?. They need a C-4 to break his wrist for two weeks while sacrificing themselves, that's what the villains so far can aspire to do. I am not saying it's a mayor negative thing that turns the manwha into crap or 'barely passable', I like it, I've said it; I am saying it is like acne, everybody has a few pimples, it's a turn off but nothing to make a fuzz about... unless it persist then it can deform your face.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticKen View Post
    I don't know about you, but I do think that implies a greater villain in the works than the Danju.
    I was counting on that, I mean if that guy IS the ultimate villain, I would be extremely disappointed.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; August 18, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I prefer it when the main character is powerful. That's why I loved Hellsing and why I love Beelzebub. Because that means no goddamn training arcs. The thing about DBZ was, however, that Goku had to train every arc. Raditz comes, Goku barely wins, dies. Trains, comes back, barely wins against Vegeta with help. Trains, go to Namek, gets nearly killed by Ginyu and gets a Saiyan power-up, nearly gets killed by Freeza and gets a rage power-up. But in Breaker, Chunwoo's strength has been a constant, as well as the characters so far with the exception of Shiwoon. I mean, compare this with other shounen. DBZ had characters change strengths astronomically in between arcs to the point where power levels became irrelevant. Bleach and Naruto also suffered from drastic power level changes.

Also, it wasn't the C4s that broke his wrist - it was Giju that managed to cripple him with his Steel Fist that did it. The C4 probably didn't do anything, since Chunwoo managed to get away from it in time, and that was only because he had to severe Giju's hand since he couldn't find another way to escape. As for the two weeks, it's more likely to do with the fact that martial artists of the Murim have higher regenerative powers due to their ki - the fact that it took him two weeks means that it was more effective than usual.

If anything, that proves that Chunwoo isn't infallible. He can be weakened. When he fought Giju, he was weak due to the incident with Shiwoon and the pill thingy (Volume 2). When he fought that room full of martial artists, he would have died if not for luck. They wouldn't have tired him, they would have finished him and Shiho off. Nor do I believe, as you say, that even the strongest enemies are pawns.

But, ultimately, I don't believe the flaws that you pointed out will be a major problem in Part 2. Part 1 was a story about Chunwoo, his pupil Shiwoon and his vengeance. By the end of Part 1, Chunwoo had become the titular Breaker, one would would crush the current Murim. His defeat of the Danju showed his strength in a world that values it, and broke the reputation of the Murim Organization. Furthermore, by allying with the Black Forest, he's working to break the boundary between Murim and normal people - martial artists aren't supposed to display their powers to outsiders, yet the Black Forest are using their abilities on people like drug lords.

But Part 2? That's Shiwoon's story. And as Gyubum says at the very end of Volume 10, we're going to be introduced to a whole new world.

Either way, this was unlike me, since I don't like trying to debate with others about manga / manhwa likes and dislikes, so I'll leave it at that and respect your opinion.

Also, about the Chaotic Chicken thing... that's what people used to call me on mIRC. Have we meet before on the KMTS? o_O

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member masubiladin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show

added spoiler tags ~vintage
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; August 20, 2010 at 03:35 PM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

So...I caught up with this awesome story...what I liked most was the humor...how the mighty dragon couldn't hook up with that teacher ...anyway can somebody tell me if there is a scan version the manga from ch 65? Or is this volume 10 in raw still...if so can someone link me to the raw...thx a lot

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    So...I caught up with this awesome story...what I liked most was the humor...how the mighty dragon couldn't hook up with that teacher ...anyway can somebody tell me if there is a scan version the manga from ch 65? Or is this volume 10 in raw still...if so can someone link me to the raw...thx a lot
    As far as I know its still not translated. What I can tell you is that it is going to be awesome.

Please use spoilers tag for discussion related to chapters that are not yet translated. Many people would not want to be spoiled.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

A-Team just finished up chapter 66, not too much longer till we are done w/ vol 10 and all caught up.

Come on part II!!!!
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear that!

Is it me or there is almost a "Che!" every time a character talks???

New Reply
Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast